Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am
All times are UTC + 0
Triggers: spawning a unit attached to a trigger
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject:  Triggers: spawning a unit attached to a trigger Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In FinalSun, you can attach triggers to units/structures just by double clicking, however I'm seeking to take it one step further. I need to find out if & how you can attach a trigger to a unit(s) if they are spawned by a trigger.

Has anyone successfully done this before?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it's quite easy actually.
In the TeamType dialog, the bottom right text field is named "Tag", select your tag and assuming you set the right events, it will work.

This is how they make Engineers repair bridges in singleplayer missions.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

However, that affects the whole team, and if you want the trigger to count only certain units in the team, then I don't know any other way but to place the select units in the map.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Units can only be spawned (via a Trigger) using a TeamType, there's no other way.
The only way to attach a Trigger to a TeamType is through the Tag option in the TeamType dialog.
So you have few choices, 1 trigger on all units in a TaskForce, or single unit TaskForce.
Latter is a bit more work, but works evenly fine.
In short, you cannot specify in a 8-unit TaskForce that only unit #3 and #4 should have the trigger attached.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Preplacing units on the map allows for more customisation than spawning teamtypes. For example, in my mission I have a team of 1 APC loaded with 5 Engineers, and if those engineers die, you lose the mission. The APC can be destroyed without triggering mission failure. To have the engineers load into the APC via a script, they have to be in the same team. This, however, makes it impossible to have the Engineers or the APC spawn into the map *and* attach the trigger into the Engineers but not the APC. It's either one or the other.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So if I were to test this, you'd say:

Engineers die -> mission failed
Transport dies -> no failure
Engineers on Transport die -> mission failed

That's it, right? Should the units be pre-placed or build/spawned on the map, either of that should be doable I think...

EDIT:
I just worked it out and it works perfectly, even when the Engineers come out of the transport when it has been destroyed (they have been recruited from the map, not spawned).
Works perfectly too when spawned, survivors are to be recruited in a new TeamType.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do recall the GDI Hammerfest mission, if the obelisk kills your APC with engineers in it, you will lose. IDK offhand what trigger was used.

The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
I just worked it out and it works perfectly, even when the Engineers come out of the transport when it has been destroyed (they have been recruited from the map, not spawned).
Works perfectly too when spawned, survivors are to be recruited in a new TeamType.

You mean you succesfully spawned an APC full of Engineers and are able to have the APC killed without triggering mission failure? I know you can spawn an APC and have it load pre-placed Engineers, but AFAIK the above mentioned doesn't work. Also, you can't spawn them in two teams and have the Engineers enter the APC (somehow it just doesn't work, at least not in TS).

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know you can attach a trigger to a trigger. The first GDI UFO mission has two triggers attached to the Nod tech Center; one to clear an objective when captured, one for the lose if it's destroyed. I personally haven't tried that before

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon