Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
NWN vs. War3!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject:  NWN vs. War3! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by UmmErrKane on Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All right. Anything I missed? Right now it's pretty much even. War3 is better on some points, and NWN is better on some, but overall I think they're fairly even. It depends on which kind of game you like more. If you prefer RPGs, then you'll like NWN. If you prefer strategy games, you'll like War3.

Last edited by UmmErrKane on Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The wc3 map editor allows people to create their own types of units and heroes. Heroes can have only 4 magics/abilities and it doesnt seems to be possible to create your own magic/ability.

Tapek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But thats where your wrong, there IS a way to do it, thanks to the modding programs available, and WinMPQ. The abilities are all in a text file, much like a TS rules.ini

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but they're a pain in the ass to edit. By easily add weapons and such, I mean that you can just click a couple buttons, not grab a +3 Tome of C Editing and learn 4 programming languages #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm learning C. It's not that hard to learn, really. But... I have a test about it on september 24th. Legends says that last semester 9 of 10 students got reproved by my teacher... I hope I do not increase this list...

Code:

#include <stdio.h>
void main(void)
{
   int grade;
   while ((grade < 0) || (grade < 10))
   {
       printf("\n How much out of 10 you give to Neverwinter Nights?");
       scanf("%d",&grade);
       if ((grade < 0) || (grade < 10))
         printf("Error! You must set a number between 0 and 10.");
   }

switch (grade)
   {
    case 10:
    case 9:
    case 8:
       printf("\n Are you blind? Do you like so much such a crappy game?");
       break;
    case 7:
    case 6:
    case 5:
       printf("\n You dont need to give it such a high grade to not piss off Kane. Be more honest next time.");
       break;
    case 4:
    case 3:
       printf("\n So, you aprove the graphics... yea, they are not bad, but gameplay sucks.");
       break;
    case 2:
       printf("\n So, at least it's moddable... but still too much limited and the game and graphics sucks...");
       break;
    case 1:
       printf("\n So, at least this is a game... but a game that sucks. This grades comes to the job the producer had to make it available for public.");
       break;
    default:
       printf("\n You have proven to be a honest guy with good taste. Nice job.");
       exit (1);
    }
printf("\n \n You've rated Neverwinter Nights %d/10\n",grade);
}

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>: P

Hey, NWN OWNS. The gameplay is not crappy. Trust me, if you played NWN, you'd prolly like it better than War3.

Tapek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane, comparing NWN to war3 is like comparing Street Fighter to sonic the hedgehog.

One is a strategy, the other is a third person RPG! Next you'll be comparing Final Fantasy to zelda!

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then how can you sayWar3 is better?

Tapek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I said that to irritate you, and I must say, it worked #Tongue

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Urge... to destroy world.... rising...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now, seriously, I believe this game can really be fun and have good graphics, because at least it has received the aproval from Kane and other million people, BUT I´ve never played and I will probably not play it because it will never be sold in Brazil! LOL!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It´s the same thing that if I ask if you guys like Outlive (a brazilian RTS). Ir may even rule, but you´ve never played...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... *makes mental note to find a pirated vopy of Outlive on WarezWeb*

'tis a shame they don't sell it in Brazil... I thought, though, that they released a Portugese language pack...

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kane i have never heard of Never Winter Nights until you told me..Care to enlighten the details? to me

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I´ve never seen this game in any shop here, Kane. Maybe I havent visited the correct shop Wink

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mavrick, NWN is a 3rd person RPG based on Dungeons and Dragons (The pen and paper RPG) and the world of the Forgotten Realms book series. It's sorta an MMORPG because your character is saved between games, but it's not a permanent world, because people play a lot of custom maps and such (And there's no monthly fee Very Happy).

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Outlive ROCKS!!! It's the best game I've every played! Seriously! Too bad I only have the demo... Sad But I'm gonna go get it from Electronics Boutique for 10 bucks. Smile

Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first of all.... If NWN is mmorpg with up to 64 people.... then they win online play in my book neday... the one thing i always hated about rts is the limit of players... Second..... U can practically make ur own damn world for NWN and supposedly u can make a good map with a powerful and very easy to use map editor in like 5 minutes.... so they win that in my book to....NWN is my choice even tho im sure WC3 is a good game

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It isn't an MMORPG, but it's like one in that your character is persistant. I don't think there's any player limit (I've seen games with 20 or so players), but it's hard to keep track of your group with a bunch of people.

About the toolset, it pretty much allows you to make maps with the same quality as the official ones in a matter of minutes. It takes some time to get it perfect, but there isn't much you can't do with the toolset. NWN doesn't use maps, anyway, it uses a bunch of connected maps (A NWN module is like War3 singleplayer, 40 or so maps combined), but you can make a module with only a few maps.

TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I first heard of NWN from my a friend. It had a eye on the box or somethi like that. I probably wouldnt like NWN just because its a RPG, I hate RPG's.
Whats outlive? Like what type of game is it FPS, Action, etc. And whats it about?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Outlive is a RTS game. I dont really know it very well, I've just heard of it and saw the box of the game in a shop once a long time ago..

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NWN is one of the GOOD RPGs... I mean, NWN would become boring FAST if it didn't have such a great story, but the story keeps you playing. As yet, I can't think of any games that have a better story. Also, it's sorta like Deus Ex, because the story is decided by you (Ie. Aribeth, without giving up too much of the plot, either lives or dies in the end. You choose if she does or not based on a number of things, including how you treat her when she's alive [Ie. if you make fun of her, she hates you and ends up dieing in the end]).

Also, unlike FF and such, you only control youself, not a whole part, and the battles are in real time, not those boring RPG battle screens (I think).

That and it's hilarious. And Aarin Gend owns. In fact, I'd suggest you buy the game, if only to see how much of a badass Gend is. If you get the game, in Chapter 2, make sure to ask him his life story, it's pretty damn cool.

Tapek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question, why do so many people say "an" MMORPG? "M" is not a vowel, and therefore it should be "a" MMORPG. Please explain!

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's in how is sounds. "A MMORPG" sounds strange, "An MMORPG" doesn't. Besides, when you're dealing with acronyms or single letters, you use "An." "An M," "An L," "An MMORPG." 'Course, in true English fasion, there's exceptions, like the letter C. "A C," "A CCLM," "A CMO."

Tapek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, your spelling it out. As in "M.M.O.R.P.G" I pronounce it as "mmorpg" I actually say it out loud.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL... mmorpg... Sounds to me like more pig... LOL...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, CC, it's not a word. It's an acronym. You're supposed to spell it out.

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spelling it out takes precious seconds of my life away. Saying it out is faster and more efficient.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, precious seconds when you sit and do nothing... precious seconds are nothing, really... now, some minutes playing Warcaft 3 on BNET owns... specially winning that Castle Defense 7.1 after own the Anti King Cruiser... that rocks Very Happy.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, who cares about grammer, eh, CC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum