Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
More LaunchBase issues
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject:  More LaunchBase issues Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So here's a confusing issue. Attempts to run my mod though Launch Base normally works fine with Ares - you have the DLL and INJ files in the Syringe folder, and it loads up like a charm (especially since LB only regards 0.1 as "Offical" Ares).

Yet for some reason right now, every test gets this exact same result. I checked the Folder, and as you can see both files are clearly there. I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing wrong here - I've checked the Help Files, reinstalled RA2/YR, installed a fresh version of Launch Base and recreated that directory god knows how many times.

I'm running Ares 0.4.

LaunchBase Syringe Folder.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.59 KB
 Viewed:  2214 Time(s)

LaunchBase Syringe Folder.png

LaunchBase Ares Bug.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.44 KB
 Viewed:  2214 Time(s)

LaunchBase Ares Bug.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using Syringe 0.1 or the one that comes with 0.4?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that error comes up with either version, I know I got the same issue.

I extracted all material from mods like blitkreig, purple alert, eagle red & the original MO. I made folders for each and placed the material in them. I didn't get this issue until the last ares DL.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Are you using Syringe 0.1 or the one that comes with 0.4?

It should be 0.4, since it's still reading Custom Ares DLL.

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
that error comes up with either version, I know I got the same issue.

I extracted all material from mods like blitkreig, purple alert, eagle red & the original MO. I made folders for each and placed the material in them. I didn't get this issue until the last ares DL.

Happy to know I'm not the only one getting this issue...and that it's connected to 0.4.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade moved server recently, and the move is not yet completed. I can only guess what's the cause, maybe some files are not yet accessible.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Renegade moved server recently, and the move is not yet completed. I can only guess what's the cause, maybe some files are not yet accessible.

This explains much...though it also begs the question of just how much LB depends on Renegade's server's working.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well since LB is not even supported any longer, I don't really see the value of using it at all. There are several features that don't work either and without hope of those being fixed I doubt it, after so many years now, it will take off. It's a shame because it's a great idea.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This error popped up for me back in September.... probably before the move?

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the launch base because I can put mods in their own folder. I don't have to disable or delete anything. all I have to do is click on a name and run the mod no problem..... Like I said I have the mods I mentioned in Launchbase So I can original MO then go to Red Eagle, to Blitzkrieg with no problem.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Well since LB is not even supported any longer, I don't really see the value of using it at all. There are several features that don't work either and without hope of those being fixed I doubt it, after so many years now, it will take off. It's a shame because it's a great idea.

As Nikademis put it:

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
I like the launch base because I can put mods in their own folder. I don't have to disable or delete anything. all I have to do is click on a name and run the mod no problem..... Like I said I have the mods I mentioned in Launchbase So I can original MO then go to Red Eagle, to Blitzkrieg with no problem.

As for me? It's invaluable, especially with a mod in development, where I don't have to worry about messing around with MIX files and soupcan.avi.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, my psychic hat has been in service for the last months (I didn't see that coming), so I didn't know that it happened back in September already. A pity nobody has invented another technique to give such information to other people...

I tried to update LaunchBase, optimizing smaller parts, shifting bits and pieces around and even rewriting the thing in .net, but you wouldn't guess from the interface how complex that thing is. It has so many features, things that are building on each other and what not that it wasn't possible for me to maintain it.

Whenever a software has an auto-update feature, a server has to be involved. But I'm certain LB with updates and all that disabled would run without the server.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Sorry, my psychic hat has been in service for the last months (I didn't see that coming), so I didn't know that it happened back in September already. A pity nobody has invented another technique to give such information to other people...

I tried to update LaunchBase, optimizing smaller parts, shifting bits and pieces around and even rewriting the thing in .net, but you wouldn't guess from the interface how complex that thing is. It has so many features, things that are building on each other and what not that it wasn't possible for me to maintain it.

Whenever a software has an auto-update feature, a server has to be involved. But I'm certain LB with updates and all that disabled would run without the server.

I've tried disabling the Ares Updater, but I've had no dice. My "Okay" button on that page is greyed out for some reason.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well this is an interesting thread. Confused

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade wrote:
Well this is an interesting thread. Confused

Yes, people still use LaunchBase...any ideas? X3

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I'm all for LB. I explicitly asked Marshall for the source so it could be updated/upgraded, and I have very specific ideas for additional features.

I just don't have time. ^^

As for the problem at hand, I need someone affected to assist me in figuring out whether there's an actual dependency on the server or if this is just a coincidence.

Presence on IRC would be preferred, for speed of interaction.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade wrote:
Oh, I'm all for LB. I explicitly asked Marshall for the source so it could be updated/upgraded, and I have very specific ideas for additional features.

I just don't have time. ^^

As for the problem at hand, I need someone affected to assist me in figuring out whether there's an actual dependency on the server or if this is just a coincidence.

Presence on IRC would be preferred, for speed of interaction.

Well, all I know for my end is -

• LB refuses to read the Syringe folder, even after the contents of said folder and removed and recreated.
  • Ares Updater is down. You cannot disable Ares Auto Update.
  • This problem persists after a fresh installation/patching of RA2/YR, and even after LB and LBMC are reinstalled.

If you want an actual test subject, Nikodemis might be a better man than I for it. I tend to be pretty slow in the braining department X3

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basically, I need someone to do whatever is broken right now.

The server move screwed up Apache's logging, so I don't have any records of anyone potentially accessing anything.
I fixed this now, but I still need someone actually doing something to see if something is being done with the server.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I triggered the Syringe load. Sadly debugging doesn't tell me where it wants to download the package from.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, all I know is that it doesn't read something in the Ares files. I managed to de compile all the files that were made for made by the old mod creator and made their own mod folders for the LaunchBase. It worked before the latest Ares and now they dont. I have no programming experience, but i can edit the ini files for rules/art/terrain......so, my personal professional opinion it is the launchbase error, not an Ares issue...

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please try again now. I've tracked down the URLs LB queries on the server and fixed an issue with them.
(It's less of a dependency on my particular server, and more on legacy functionality of Ares's site, no matter where it's hosted.)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, confirmed it working.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, back to our regularly scheduled program for me. Thank you for your time, Renegade.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad to hear that.

I'll make sure to remove that dependency when I get around to updating LB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon