Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OS SHP Builder: Post your ideas, suggestions, comments!!!
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [224 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject:  OS SHP Builder: Post your ideas, suggestions, comments!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Commandant, post your ideas, suggestions and comments of the newest OS SHP Builder and what do you think that should be added in future versions... Although we already have some ideas in mind, your participation can make it even better making modding even easier and fun!

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is a great tool to me but I have a little list of suggestions to help to improve this program Smile .

*** These suggestions are only to the "Sequence Maker":
- A button to preview on the selected action because if you are editing the walk frames if you select "preview" this will show only walk frames that you selected (only the selected part of the ini code, in this case: walk) & if I don't like the result, always I can edit again the ini code to test again with the "preview".

- Why is called "save sequence as BMP/ save frame list as BMP" if you can save this as BMP or JPG? I suggest only the text "save ******* as ...".

- Why save as an image the sequence list? that isn't possible "save as .TXT" the infantry sequence? I think that after of this step with a text editor you can cut & paste & add the ini code directly on Art.ini file.

- where are the Fly, Hover, Tumble, FireFly of the Rocketeer? I post here the list of all the actions that appear on the Artmd.ini:

Code:
; Ready = standing around
; Guard = standing around with weapon drawn
; Prone = while prone
; Walk = walking [normal movement]
; FireUp = firing while standing
; Down = transition from standing to prone
; Crawl = moving while prone
; Up = transition from prone to standing
; FireProne = firing while prone
; Idle1 = idle animation sequence #1
; Idle2 = idle animation sequence #2
; Die1 = death animation when hit by gunfire
; Die2 = death animation when exploding
; Die3 = death animation when exploding (alternate)
; Die4 = death animation by concussion explosion
; Die5 = death animatino by fire
; Fly = [jumpjet] flying
; Hover = [jumpjet] hovering
; Tumble = [jumpjet] tumbling
; FireFly = [jumpjet] firing while flying
; Deploy = [gi] deploying
; Deployed = [gi] deployed still frame
; DeployFire = [gi] fire while deployed
; DeployIdle = [gi] idle animation while deployed
; Undeploy = [gi] undeploying
; SecondaryFire = special anim for firing secondary weapon
; SecondaryProne = special anim for firing secondary weapon while prone

Of course not all these actions are abalaible on TS (if I'm not wrong), for this reason is possible add on the right of the action
Quote:
(Only RA2)
label on the white box of actions (but not on the "ini code" box to be possible the last suggestion to export as .txt the infantry sequence).

*** These suggestions are now to all the program Very Happy :
- When you select "open" only the possible formats are shp, tem & sno... I see that the program have the 3 extesions in 3 different groups or all together Razz but... all the terrains (TS/RA2/YR) are the same that tem & sno (only with the exception of the palette & the extension .des,urb etc...), remember programs like PSP (for example) that the type of extensions are in groups & not separated (in this case 1 group with all the extensions, another group to .shp files, another group to terrains .tem, sno, urb, des, lun... ).

- On Palettes of RA2 ony appear the RA2 palettes without the YR palettes, could be a good idea include to the next version the YR palettes.

- I don't know how is of hard the algoritm of .pcx files but if is possible add this format to all the tools will be a good addition (in my opinion because with XCC always I worked with pcx files in PSP).

- You can load palettes (very good idea, thanks Smile ) but why not the inverse? My idea is that you can open a BMP, JPG ( & future formats of this program) & you can save the pallete .pal in C&C format (XCC mixer do this), really this point are 2:
1º) you can open the formats that support the program (not only the shp, tem & sno).
2º) After of the 1º step create your .pal to c&c.

- Enable "undo" after of erase (if by error you erased 1 thing... you need open again the file & start again to edit).

- Is possible that after of use "Autoshadows" tool the shadows aren't in the right possition. Could be necessary a new option on this tool to move up or down the X pixels that you consider necessary.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FS-21 wrote:
Is a great tool to me

- Thanks Very Happy

FS-21 wrote:
but I have a little list of suggestions to help to improve this program Smile .

- A button to preview on the selected action because if you are editing the walk frames if you select "preview" this will show only walk frames that you selected (only the selected part of the ini code, in this case: walk) & if I don't like the result, always I can edit again the ini code to test again with the "preview".

- Why is called "save sequence as BMP/ save frame list as BMP" if you can save this as BMP or JPG? I suggest only the text "save ******* as ...".

- Why save as an image the sequence list? that isn't possible "save as .TXT" the infantry sequence? I think that after of this step with a text editor you can cut & paste & add the ini code directly on Art.ini file.

- where are the Fly, Hover, Tumble, FireFly of the Rocketeer? I post here the list of all the actions that appear on the Artmd.ini:

Code:
; Prone = while prone
; Fly = [jumpjet] flying

Of course not all these actions are abalaible on TS (if I'm not wrong), for this reason is possible add on the right of the action
Quote:
(Only RA2)
label on the white box of actions (but not on the "ini code" box to be possible the last suggestion to export as .txt the infantry sequence).

- This part is Stu's job Wink.

FS-21 wrote:
*** These suggestions are now to all the program Very Happy :
- When you select "open" only the possible formats are shp, tem & sno... I see that the program have the 3 extesions in 3 different groups or all together Razz but... all the terrains (TS/RA2/YR) are the same that tem & sno (only with the exception of the palette & the extension .des,urb etc...), remember programs like PSP (for example) that the type of extensions are in groups & not separated (in this case 1 group with all the extensions, another group to .shp files, another group to terrains .tem, sno, urb, des, lun... ).

- I think I can work on that.

FS-21 wrote:
- On Palettes of RA2 ony appear the RA2 palettes without the YR palettes, could be a good idea include to the next version the YR palettes.

- You can do that yourself if you wish. Extract the YR palettes with XCC and place them in the SHPBuilder/Palettes/RA2/ dir.

FS-21 wrote:
- I don't know how is of hard the algoritm of .pcx files but if is possible add this format to all the tools will be a good addition (in my opinion because with XCC always I worked with pcx files in PSP).

- I'm researching this and .gif now.

FS-21 wrote:
- You can load palettes (very good idea, thanks Smile ) but why not the inverse? My idea is that you can open a BMP, JPG ( & future formats of this program) & you can save the pallete .pal in C&C format (XCC mixer do this), really this point are 2:
1º) you can open the formats that support the program (not only the shp, tem & sno).
2º) After of the 1º step create your .pal to c&c.

- I dont think you know the Jasc To C&C Palette Converter, which is a tool that I made in the beggining of the month that already does allows you to convert JASC palettes to C&C format. I can even bring this tool to the next version of the SHP Builder, but I dont think we can make it save the BMP/JPG colours in a .pal for a simple reason. Our method of importing it replace the original colours with the palette colours and also, the huge majority of the bitmaps or jpegs have more than 256 in it. So, it wouldnt be worth...

FS-21 wrote:
- Enable "undo" after of erase (if by error you erased 1 thing... you need open again the file & start again to edit).

- Undo is already in our priority list.

FS-21 wrote:
- Is possible that after of use "Autoshadows" tool the shadows aren't in the right possition. Could be necessary a new option on this tool to move up or down the X pixels that you consider necessary.

- Good idea.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are some other sequences, such as Cheer, Paradrop, Tread, Swim, WetIdle/Attack/whatever, Panic, Shovel (slave only), AirDeathStart,/Falling/Finish ...
But IIRC some of them are not working...

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
- You can do that yourself if you wish. Extract the YR palettes with XCC and place them in the SHPBuilder/Palettes/RA2/ dir.

Yes, but by default the program only have the RA2 palettes Razz ... imagine that a person that now not have installed YR & is working on a Yr mod Rolling Eyes

Quote:
- I dont think you know the Jasc To C&C Palette Converter, which is a tool that I made in the beggining of the month that already does that.

I know the existence of the tool but I never tested the program (& I can't find now the download link to test Rolling Eyes ), my idea is merge the tool into the program like "XCC mixer" but is only an suggestion Rolling Eyes (if I'm not wrong, to use this tool in Xcc mixer is necessary select the image & copy in a different directory as .pal. After of this insert into a mix file the new .pal & after of this, open again xcc mixer to select the new palette & convert the image in a shp with the new palette... long not?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JASC To CnC Palette Converter: http://ppm.cncguild.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3458

And if you put YR units with RA2 palettes, the results are pratically the same than YR palettes, unless snow and temp stuff is different, although I dont believe they are...

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks by the link Smile

EDIT: sorry, forget this post... Confused

Last edited by FS-21 on Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, ok...then, next version will have support for them and also for import lunar stuff as well...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FS-21 wrote:
Is a great tool to me but I have a little list of suggestions to help to improve this program Smile .

Good idea.

FS-21 wrote:

This is cause it started out only being able to save as BMP, but then i added JPG/JPEG and err forgot to change that text....

FS-21 wrote:

There is no save as text cause you can copy n paste the code directly from the box (select then CTRL+C)

FS-21 wrote:

Code:
; Prone = while prone
; Fly = [jumpjet] flying

Quote:
(Only RA2)

Well in me defence im a programmer, only looked at Ivan's sequence and ones near it...... The other actions will b added.

FS-21 wrote:

The tool is the same as v1.0's one, crap..... all it does is rotate the owner of the shadow by X degree's and colours it shadow colour(Colour 1).

** Stucuk hands AutoShadows to Banshee **

Ahh my pile goes smaller #Tongue

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there any chance of a magic wand tool?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will give it a try after some other priorities be done... but I'll tell you... it doesnt seems to be an easy thing to apply into a program...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Enjoy remaking the selection tool Banshee.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've found out that - at least in TS - the game seems to be hardcoded to let the last 16 colors of unittem/unitsno.pal not being affected by the ambient lightning level. that makes for example the muzzle flashes on the light infantry glow even on night maps. however, when converting images with xcc mixer - it sometimes is just necessary - xcc mixer doesn't know this and uses those colors on normal buildings, which makes them to have sometimes have bright stripes in night missions, which looks odd.

Those 4 or 5 white-grey colors at the beginning of the last 16 ones are only used for anims like blinking lights (same for the yellow-orange-red, they're only used for muzzle flashes on units like wolverine, light inf, jumpjet inf, and the blue ones are for some of the mutants muzzle flashes i think)

well, my suggestion is
- either adding an option to exclude those colors when let's say importing a bmp/jpg/whatever,
- or an option to replace all pixels of the image using those colors with similar ones from the other 240 colors in the palette.
- or both Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This one is certainly easy. Thanks for pointing it out Smile. Does it happens also with the 16 first colours after the shadow?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
- or an option to replace all pixels of the image using those colors with similar ones from the other 240 colors in the palette.

Colour replacer tool.................

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
well, my suggestion is
- either adding an option to exclude those colors when let's say importing a bmp/jpg/whatever,

done.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

- included

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaper, i second you - it could be useful for my research regarding using terrain palette (and thus ambient lighting) for base buildings (looks MUCH better)
Corrently, when converting, XCC uses those 16 colours which is a problem.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

next version of BS SHP Builder will have an option that ignores such a colours. It already works here...

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
This one is certainly easy. Thanks for pointing it out Smile. Does it happens also with the 16 first colours after the shadow?

np Smile
About the first 14 colors after shadow i'm not sure, but I think yes, it happens also. Will test that tho.

The DvD wrote:

Reaper, i second you

thx Very Happy
The DvD wrote:
Corrently, when converting, XCC uses those 16 colours which is a problem.

I also had that problem when converting the buildings from TD to my new palette. But there's a workaround for it, just replace the last 16 colors (and eventually 3-16 also) with this 255 0 255 violet, save the palette under a different name, put it in a mixfile inside ts dir and use it for converting with xcc mixer. I currently use 4 different pals for converting buildings, building anims, infantry and voxels, to prevent those problems. each pal is my new unittem pal but with some certain colors replaced with violet, to prevent xcc from using them.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bah too much work Wink i´ll wait for BS 2.2 Wink

Supersonic
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wat about a image improver on it. like when u resize a shp it becomes bit weird so improve the image or sharpen it Smile

oh and all the hotkeys such as Ctrl+S for save etc.

Double post merged. (Nobody)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will make some other resizing methods that will improve it... later...

Supersonic
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

k then just be good quality Very Happy

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about adding an infantry genorator like the sims character maker...
1.pick legs
2.pick body
3.pick arms
4.pick head
5.apply color scheme
6.pick gun(s)
7.deploy/no deploy - pick deploy type and anim (chrono, sandbags, concrete like GGI)
8.have a list of extra parts to add on like backpacks or holsters, added by checking off a checkbox.
9.apply color scheme to add ons.
10.generate infantry.
11.pick compression and convert to SHP

this would be a cool and very easy way to make infantry, plus new parts could be made by you and/or other SHPers and submitted, then added in updates. the starting ones would be gathered from the one included in the game and other SHPers who donate thier works to be dissected into parts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea, I already had plans like that, but I will still take some months to apply that, since it's not a priority and it's quite hard...

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have 2 more suggestions:

1) Option to customize which colors to exclude when importing (might be necessary when for example importing an infantry and you want ONLY the bright colors be used, for muzzleflashes etc.)

2) Function to change the size of the shp without actually resizing it.

you know what i mean? it's like in MS Paint moving the border of the image.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee was(if im correct) wrking on a thing to resize the "canvas". technicaly its a simple thing to do. (about 99999999% more simple than resizing a shp)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Canvas procedures are done. Check shp_engine_image.pas for more info, Stu. You just need to make a form to apply it or apply it on import, but dont worry about the import which is my job...

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have 1 new suggestion:
- A new option to associate *.shp files with BS SHP Builder (to open directly the files & edit like VXLSE editor that can associate *.vxl files )

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can already do that, while you have an SHP file open, go to options --> preferences

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing i'll note, SHP Builder v2.0 and 2.1 have a probelem with config files, they ignore them..... tho the associations stick, this is fixed in 2.2.

The preference button also is enabled in the next version (enabled 24/7, not just when a shp is open)

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[chuckles] lots of people don't want to associate file types manually. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this sounds a bit stoopid but could you enable it so you can click and drag to draw? you have to click on each pixel seperatly and it takes quite a while

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You havent used BS SHP Builder 2.1 before... Neutral

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
You can already do that, while you have an SHP file open, go to options --> preferences

The next time I'll wait to test 100 times the program before of post any idea because I had this idea "before" of load any .shp Embarassed (& when I used the program to edit the images I never saw the option... hehehe today I'm a bit "blind", sorry by the stupid suggestion Laughing )

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i must have 2.0 sorry ill get an update

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

Basic Undo has been made, it doesn't work after some tools, other tools reset it.

Works after:

Draw Tool(Btush Tool), Line Tool, Flood fill, Rectangle Tools, Erase, AntiAlias(tho it looks like a blur tool to me) and Cameo Generator.

Gets Reset using:

Insert/Delete Frame, Resize.

Other tools are ignored by the undo.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just had a small idea, if you're going to have conversions from other filetypes. Something that will remove the blur around the edge of a unit, where it was a jpeg and have a little blue halo around it. If something could be created to remove all the blues like that it would help in conversion.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could you post a sample? Because I really dont know what are you talking about...

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think that speeding up the bmp->shp would be nice, it's rather slow imo

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

converting a few hundred files takes awhile.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Picking on WP for a bit, this is what I mean:

You see that it has a blueish bit round the edge from blurring? Something which converts all near background blues to the proper blue. It's just a thought.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that depends on colour conversion method. If one fails, try another. So far, I recommend the last option (R+G+B Full Difference). I still think that Stu's colour conversion methods are bad because he doesn't consider a colour as a 3d position and doesnt try to extract the smallest distance between them.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeding up the import is an unlikly thing to happen, due to one thing, the thing that determins the speed (apart from the fact you are normaly importing several hundred files) is the convertion methods(Banshee's term which doesn't explain a thing) or algarithums(as normal ppl call them) that work out which colour is the closest match.

The algarithums over time should get better, better algarithums are likly to take a little bit more time since they would narrow the list down (alot of the time the algarithums have 2,3 or 4 different colours left (as in posible colours)).

The algarithum code its self is actualy small and the less code you have the less the pc has to process, less it has to process the less time it takes.

BTW banshee my test have showed that all algarithums faviour eather the first lot fo posible colours or the last lot (depending on how it was programmed). which may b why u claim my one favious red (red is close to the start)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first of all... it's algorithm... and second, I call it colour conversion method. Simply because an algorithm is script (of whatever language) to solve a problem. A script that does colour conversion, can be called Colour Conversion Method (which says much more than simply algorithm).

Colour Conversion Methods certainly doesnt reach really the best colours in all cases (including PSP's and Photoshop's). Stu's code really tends to get red colours. Mines gets closer colours most of the time, but in Meselfs bomb, Stu's algorithm works very well. I have made a new one R+G+B Full Diff. Colour+ that also gets interesting results in his bomb, since it cuts half of the pink from it, however, the keys still get a bit bad Sad. However, the results in most of other pictures are much better than his algorithm... I make colours based in 3d positions. It's like a cube with dimensions 255,255,255. The more you reach the top, right, backward of the cube, the lighter the colour. If you go to the oposite side, the darker the colour. Horizontal is the red line, Vertical is green and Height is blue. The difference between Full Difference and Colour Plus is that in the last one, it priorizes the colours which are in higher quantity.... however, it also slow down your machine a lot.

Improving speed could be done if we made a temporary database of colours during the conversion... so if the colour repeats, it will just apply the last result... it would be very usefull my last algorithm and others as well... those importing infantry would be quite happy with the gain of speed Wink.

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

people importing anything!
meh, maybe my computers slow...

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
first of all... it's algorithm... and second, I call it colour conversion method. Simply because an algorithm is script (of whatever language) to solve a problem. A script that does colour conversion, can be called Colour Conversion Method (which says much more than simply algorithm).

Colour Conversion Methods certainly doesnt reach really the best colours in all cases (including PSP's and Photoshop's). Stu's code really tends to get red colours. Mines gets closer colours most of the time, but in Meselfs bomb, Stu's algorithm works very well. I have made a new one R+G+B Full Diff. Colour+ that also gets interesting results in his bomb, since it cuts half of the pink from it, however, the keys still get a bit bad Sad. However, the results in most of other pictures are much better than his algorithm... I make colours based in 3d positions. It's like a cube with dimensions 255,255,255. The more you reach the top, right, backward of the cube, the lighter the colour. If you go to the oposite side, the darker the colour. Horizontal is the red line, Vertical is green and Height is blue. The difference between Full Difference and Colour Plus is that in the last one, it priorizes the colours which are in higher quantity.... however, it also slow down your machine a lot.

Improving speed could be done if we made a temporary database of colours during the conversion... so if the colour repeats, it will just apply the last result... it would be very usefull my last algorithm and others as well... those importing infantry would be quite happy with the gain of speed Wink.

This could be handy if it doesnt crash your computer every time btw i am finishedwith the shop

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL!!!!! This was in first stage tests and I wasnt using the new Colour Bank Technology based on the thing I've wrote above:

Banshee wrote:
Improving speed could be done if we made a temporary database of colours during the conversion... so if the colour repeats, it will just apply the last result... it would be very usefull my last algorithm and others as well... those importing infantry would be quite happy with the gain of speed .

I have finally applied the colour bank and it is really fast. I've made a test with a very high detailed satelite picture of World Trade Center (1687x1687) using Colour+. The results were simple:

- without Colour Bank: 14 minutes or crash
- with Colour Bank: between 1 or 2 minutes.

Without colour bank, it analyses over 3 million colours... when it uses colour bank, it just analyses 151 thousands...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

U use a "array of" rather than a set array? (im guessing you did)

The early test builds of SHP Builder (after 1.0) did have a "Colour Bank" tho it was so the user could pick the closest colour (basicaly the algarithm would pick a colour and ask the user if it was correct). It was removed due to the fact asking the user to verify over 100 colours is err bad.

"- without Colour Bank: 14 minutes or crash" for testing 400*300 is a good size btw. Tho going for the lets try n break the application i suppose you picked correct (tho u should use a 2000*2000 and then 3000*3000 #Tongue).

The problem with the algarithms is that they can sometimes pick 2 colours (maybe 3) this is due to the "distance" between them and the original colour.

Simplest explination is when using a colour difference algarithm. Basicaly it works in this way. (you can stop reading here, it may sound like maths but it should b understandable)

First it takes the original colour and works out its Red, Green and Blue values (all colours are made from red, green and blue, the range is 0 to 255).

Then it goes through the list and gets the RGB of the palette colours and works out the difference in RGB between the original and the palette colours.

The problem is that if the original had say

Red: 50
Green: 50
Blue: 50

and 2 of the palette colours had

Red: 40
Green: 40
Blue: 40

and

Red: 60
Green: 60
Blue: 60

both of the 2 posible colours have the same difference in red, green and blue(10). This is where the problem is, how do u pick between the posible colours?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 5 [224 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum