Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OS SHP Builder: Post your ideas, suggestions, comments!!!
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [224 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, when resising I get funny numbers when I type into the fields.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats a known error which is fixed in 2.2, the resize bit was recoded.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2.2 Changelist (well from memory)

Faster Import(iv not timed previous ones or this version so i can't back up banshees claim)
Help file (Smile at last one is made)
Several new convertion methods
Improved Import with more options
Bug Fix with Import
Close File added

changlist form written records (aka readme.rtf)

- revisions by Stucuk:
- Added: Basic undo added, works after most things
- Added: Cameo Generator
- Added: PCX files can b imported (8bit i think)
- Added: YR and Custom palette area's added
- Bug Fix: Config files are no longer ignored
- Bug Fix: Preview now works with Cameo's (All 1 Framed SHP's)
- Bug Fix: Resize fixed
- Fixed: Draw tool no longer leaves its "preview"
- Improved: Import improved (Note to Banshee: Edit this line!!!!)
- Improved: Preview updated more so it is more accurate

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Batch tool update, pic attached. Currently it doesn't do anything but make a nice list of files with nice pics.........

bs_shp_bt.jpg
 Description:
Current look of the Batch Tool in BS SHP Builder v2.2
 Filesize:  47.37 KB
 Viewed:  28202 Time(s)

bs_shp_bt.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

errr... call it 3.0. It already has enough changes for a next version...

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BS SHP builder 3.0...
i like the sound of that...

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just hope just keep from sounding like AOHELL with all .00s Laughing

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So is there any new updates?

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stucuk has been having trouble with his computer and Banshee has been busy with univeristity and fixing problems that have arisen due to the move.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Close File added

You read my mind.

G10N89TS
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm afraid I maybe have encountered a bug.... It seems that the SHP Builder is screwing up images. I had three SHP Builders open. One with a original wall, anothter the Component Tower and the third the new gate. So I wanted to see how it looked like I put the Component Tower beside it. Dumb of me not to safe it before since when you paste it in after copying it OVERWRITES the pixels beneath and always opens it at the upperleft corner. This is so annoying since it also doesn't take undo. So I need to begin almost all over. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Was is a mistake by me or a bug in the program????

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your error, ALWAYS BACKUP WHEN YOUR ARE EXPERIMENTING

G10N89TS
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually ment overwriting the current graphics in the screen. But I've learned my lesson on saving, damn almost all of the day busy fixing my fault. Darn me.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

current latest beta already includes an undo. But we still need to finish some stuff before making it available. I will have more time to work on it now Smile.

G10N89TS
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay I'll switch to the latest version, hehe the undo function might be very handy for me Embarassed

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

latest versions are only found on my harddrive and banshee's. The "Select tool" is crap, its only good for recentering a unit due to it overwriting.

Basicaly it doesn't store the actual area it moves, thus it just keeps moving it around on the actual image (insted of "virtualy" moving it and only applying it once the user picks another tool, saves, etc, thus never altering the image until the end.....tho this would have to b added in the version after the one we are workign on).

Personaly i have made no progress since i lost my modem (lightning strike), i hopefully will b gettign one on Saturday.

So the batch tool inteface is made, it can make a list of files to process, but ti can't yet convert them. (tho shp -> image should b simple, image -> shp will b annoying)

G10N89TS
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well I guess this means a lot of saving for me till version 3.0 comes out. But never the less it's a great program. But almost every self programmed tool from TS editors I encountered so far are good.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is a small thing with the undo which si the fact it can't b used after everything. Tho it should work after the select tool.(stuff like trying to undo after resizing the entire shp won't work....).

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

update, got SHP -> Image to work on the batch tool, still need to make the image -> shp thing (which is the complex thing), currently the select tool doesn't allow an undo, tho it should once this version is released.

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so is the latest version going to have the abily to break one image into frames?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if i had an example of how other programs make them then it could b made simpaly (a strip? 2*2 style? Horizontal? Vertical? Etc).

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I honestly have no idea.... I have no experience with programing I am interested but no resorces to learn. Confused

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i ment a picture that was a single frame that needed to b split.....

There is a thing called the internet #Tongue u can get lots of info on it. (and free programming software, magazines sometimes have programming languages........ my advice is to never touch Visual Basic.... even with a long stick)

Yotta
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Err Stu the BS SHP Builder Crashes when I try to make sequences for infantry using the sequence maker and I tried all ways to fix it but I just cant get it to work without crashing the BS SHP Builder.

Creator of Universal Domination (UD) Add-On for Red Alert 2.

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unforchenetly the only time I can get on the internet is for a breif 15 minets befor work as that is all I have betwien school and work and I only get that because the library is a blockaway from my job. Crying or Very sad But I found out recently by talking to friends a local bk store will order books for you if they dont have it. Maybe I can cheak there... What programe lanquage is it that you are using?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Delphi

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Err Stu the BS SHP Builder Crashes when I try to make sequences for infantry using the sequence maker and I tried all ways to fix it but I just cant get it to work without crashing the BS SHP Builder.

What shp u use? How meny frames it have?

Yotta
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It crashes for any frames.Usually I do it for infantry frames of any frame size and frame length and it still crashes.

Creator of Universal Domination (UD) Add-On for Red Alert 2.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What Operating System u have?
IS there any chance you could send me a shp that crashes it?

[b]Update[/b]
If you have tryed the SHP Builders sequence maker it can take a while to make the frame list, well in v3.0 the speed is dramaticaly improved, with gi.shp which has 744 frames, it loaded in previous versions in about 2-3 minutes, with v3.0 it loaded in about 3 seconds.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update

sequence generator has moved away from having coded ini values, once 3.0 is out u will b able to add sequence's (as in Die1, etc, ones that ain't currently in the Sequence gen's list) u will also b able to edit the "special"( i.e SE or W)and "count2" (which is normaly 0 or 6 or 2) .

Saving/Loading/Importing sequences will b added too, making this a much better tool.

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good...
i like this modding tool Smile

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sequence Generator/Maker has been fully upgraded. Batch tool's status hasn't changed. Preview gained a maginification option.

Pics below!

Out of curiosity has anyone used the sequence maker to make ini changes?

preview_prev.jpg
 Description:
Preview reorganised + magnification added
 Filesize:  20.88 KB
 Viewed:  28074 Time(s)

preview_prev.jpg

sequence_gen_preview1.jpg
 Description:
Sequence Maker has new advanced area.
 Filesize:  102.1 KB
 Viewed:  28073 Time(s)

sequence_gen_preview1.jpg

preferences_animations_prev.jpg
 Description:
Animation Preference Options
 Filesize:  40.79 KB
 Viewed:  28073 Time(s)

preferences_animations_prev.jpg

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
Sequence Generator/Maker has been fully upgraded.

Nice! Cool

stucuk wrote:
Batch tool's status hasn't changed.

Question; Will you be able to make any changes such as palet conversions or resiseing with the batch tool? Confused

stucuk wrote:
Preview gained a maginification option.

Great Idea Wink

stucuk wrote:
Out of curiosity has anyone used the sequence maker to make ini changes?

I havent yet yet as I am still experimentin with this tool but one I get the new one I will as the current one is so slooooowwwww.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awrethien wrote:

stucuk wrote:
Batch tool's status hasn't changed.

Question; Will you be able to make any changes such as palet conversions or resiseing with the batch tool? Confused

never thought about them, shouldn't b that hard (would only apply to shp files).

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just had a really good idea, based off Animation Shop, called OnionSkin. It lays a translucent version of the previous frame over the image, which is handy if you'd like to align the images properly, You know it can be a pain to get an shp in the right place when you're making a buildup or something.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
I've just had a really good idea, based off Animation Shop, called OnionSkin. It lays a translucent version of the previous frame over the image, which is handy if you'd like to align the images properly, You know it can be a pain to get an shp in the right place when you're making a buildup or something.

that would be helpful indeed, without this you need sharp eyes and some patience to get everything in the right position.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Center tool already help the allignment. Try keeping your infantry's feet 3 blocks below the center... unless it walks to botton or falls to botton...

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen people complaining in other forums about this, but I haven't read through the topic to see if you've already fixed it: The sequencer needs to make code in this format:
Cheer=0,1,0
instead of
Cheer 0,1,0
See what I mean?

BTW, great job guys!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh... Ok, I'll try to fix it...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That has been fixed in v3.0 (by me a while back, when the sequence gen got a overhull month back)

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it support the pal packs?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes. The current beta does support pal packs and includes some extra categories. I posted a document about it in VXLSE III Tutorials forum.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, i must have missed that. Thanks Banshee.

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can suggest to make such feature that asks to save file when you click exit.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, this is a kinda of old bug that needs fix. This feature was coded on 3.0, worked not very well on some beta versions but stopped working in the final 3.0 release and it never got fixed.

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Add plugins system
for example
filr Plugins.ini
;-----------------------------
[Plugins]
1=MyPlugin

[MyPlugin]
Name=Sample plugin
Icon=MYPLNG
DllName=MyDll.Dll
AutoLoad=yes
Category=1
;------------------------------
Dll must export some functions like
InitPlug, UnInitPlug, OnCommand Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice idea, although I still have to figure out how this kind of would work and what people could or couldn't do with it.

Xeno
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rather then me posting a new thread i just come up with a simple yet very handy idea.

Could you have it when you go to close the program it comes up with "You havn't yet saved this project, would you like to save now?"

Cause it has happened TWICE now for me where i've forgotten to save and closed the program... losing ALL my work i've spent time doing. Something like this will prevent these sorts of things from happening to me and anyone else. Its not lazyness just some people need reminding... especially if they are doing 600 things at once Wink

Hope you can implement it Wink

Chrisse
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Already suggested, but i have a sugestion (dont know if it already suggested) but how about a tool for making own palettes for your shp file and import an image without to convert a palette.

http://open.spotify.com/track/3B5lZi3QJ8AeVpdLtO9NcI

www.myspce.com/ttex91 (Listen to my music (Outdated)).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [224 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum