Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
OS SHP Builder: Post your ideas, suggestions, comments!!!
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [224 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want to copy a unit between games, just use my purple palettes... that's why I made them.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whiteshoes-n-gloves wrote:
and even then, I need to make all black slightly off black to not mess up transparencies.
Took hours to put 2 antennas on the medium tank, no joke, and the work still has issues with other black pixels going transparent.

Custom palettes are your friend. Wink
How should any program know that one black pixel should be black and the other transparent? That's not possible.
Thus copy the original palette, change the transparent color to purple or something else and then use this palette for the conversion.

\EDIT
ah, Nyerguds beat me to it.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Replace Colour tool has an option called Palette Conversion.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to see a hot key for inserting frames instead of having to click Edit->Insert Frame, Edit->Insert Frame, Edit->Insert Frame, Edit->Insert Frame, etc,etc.
Because sometimes things just dont need an actual shadow, but require shadow frames, and for some reason shp builder dosent always read all the blank frames i put into the gif anims i make.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's much quicker to use only your keyboard to insert frames: Alt, E, I.
You can delete frames similarly: Alt, E, D.

I do think adding a mass frame operation which allows you to insert multiple frames at once would be useful however.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, for me it's still quicker to hit edit, insert frame, but still time consuming. I'd prefer just a simple hotkey like Ctrl-I, something i can just keep hitting especially if it needs mass inserted frames. But it's just a suggestion.

Kcirevam
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a bug with the "Re size canvas" option, to see what am talking about, import a 640 x 480 sized image, and try re sizing by -280 on each of the four options, the tool closes and nothing happens.

To solve this, I first re size my canvas by -100, then by -80, A script system which allows for using specific actions at a specific order would solve this my way, but fixing the tool to any amount given is even better.

anyways there should also be a slider in the resize canvas tool which allows for changing the preview frame, that way you can fix your canvas for good.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not good to resize all 4 sides at one time anyway. Often the top and bottom canvas resize will differ from the two other sides anyway, because of shadows. Keeping resize canvas to 1 or 2 sides at a time is sufficent enough IMO.

Kcirevam
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My render template has a 640 x 480 output, I always need to resize it by 280 on all sides for infantry.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So why dont you render it with a smaller canvas size then?
For instance, look at pic. Thats straight out of max using crop and really dosent even need canvas resizing.

But you can resize canvas using all four coordinates at once, just not with those huge numbers your using.

canvas size.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.3 KB
 Viewed:  11339 Time(s)

canvas size.png

Kcirevam
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it's offtopic, but could you explain how you set the canvas to a specific size in 3dsmax?.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I told you, use the crop function. just make sure you take off equal sides to keep it centered. If futher help is needed dont post here, just PM me.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suggestion. A shortcut for frame deletion/insertion. I need to drastically shorten a certain animation with over 200 frames and it's taking a long time to do so when there's no keyboard shortcut. Perhaps move the Ctrl+X shortcut for the "Delete frame" tool? I don't see much use for the cut option anyway.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't the [Edit]->Mass Frame Operations->Delete Frames enough?
There you can delete frames in a custom range.

Public SHPs

Tools

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Isn't the [Edit]->Mass Frame Operations->Delete Frames enough?
There you can delete frames in a custom range.

He's probably talking about deleting every X frames from a long SHP to, well, shorten it. The tool you suggested can't really do this at the moment, which is why a shortcut for using the usual 'delete this frame' option would come in handy unless additional options to Delete Frames are added to accomodate this.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would be nice if user could with combination of keys
change palets "on the fly" like in XCC

(dunno if it can now, I'm on 3.36)
but would be cute small feature

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What kind of keys would change the palette and how would it work? What would you consider to be the next palette and what would be the previous one?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ctrl-[  &  Ctrl-]

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that combo is awful
you have to realize that many country-code/key layouts use
special characters only by using Alt+key
(mine is for examble alt+F for [ and alt+G for ]
should be something easier

@Banshee, just switching them in sequence from game-to game

don't know if osshp has auto detect of what kind of shp is being loaded, but even without it, the directories/games are chronologically (in your menu)

Custom, TD, RA, TS, RA2, YR

so you'd have 1 key combo for going backwards
like from TS back to RA1
and 2nd from RA1 to TS, and so on,...

ofcorse if its not too big hassle to do it
but it is bit annoying to constantly click with mouse
onto popup menu and search right pallet #Tongue

OR if you're going to rewrite program as people commented there somewhere
maybe UI-wise just add some sort of buttons for
using correct game and 2 arrow buttons for fast switch (clickable)

even now you have space on left sidebar bottom, for such thing, below the pallet color range

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it makes more sense to select the game once, and have hotkeys for rotating the palette only in THAT game...

ctrl-< ctrl-> would work nicely too?

ctrl-plus & ctrl-minus would make nice zoom hotkeys *hint hint*

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

problem lies with custom pallets
quality mods use their own (rewire is nice example or twisted insurection i think too)

osshp can't recognize nor load from .mix those pal's
unless you extract them out, and put them into "custom" folder
and again program can't detect what game is in question
so at the end you again need manual selection

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
ctrl-< ctrl-> would work nicely too?

< and > needs AltGr on my keyboard layout.

Also, you can reorg the palette folders entirely, there is no check for specific pals in a folder. You can freely throw additional palettes to say, RA2 folder and it'll work.

Relying on automatic selection of palettes is bulllshit anyway - there is no property of the shp which the palette could be determinable.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in any case either key combo or ui buttons on sidebar would be nice to have

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hotkeys for palette switching are not necessary imo. I made tons of SHPs and never had to switch the palettes often enough, to miss any such shortcut.
For simple viewing and finding out the right palette, I simply use XCC Mixer. It is much faster to browse multiple files with this one anyway.
SHP Builder is for editing and converting, where you at most need 2 palettes (old and new for conversion) and where you know already which palettes to use.

More useful would be if
a) the palettes and their folders wouldn't be hardcoded, allowing to remove and rename them (so useless stuff can be removed)
b) the updater/downloader would not download all the palettes (and color schemes) every time again. There are still these annoying useless hex-named palettes and other useless stuff, raising update/download time from 1 exe in 5 seconds, to hundreds of palette/scheme files raising download time to several minutes.

Graion Dilach wrote:
Relying on automatic selection of palettes is bulllshit anyway - there is no property of the shp which the palette could be determinable.

yes, any such auto-selection should be stopped at all. It can't and will never work in a useful way. Luckily the latest version allows already to disable that and remember the last used palette. Smile

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [224 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum