Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Waste Facilities and Co.
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject:  Waste Facilities and Co. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, I was talking alot about veiholes and such, but noone talked about Waste Facilities and other stuff!

So, lets figure out, is it possible to make a functional weed harvester + weed refinery + missile that runs off it.

1. Weeder tag should make buildings weed refineries and units weed harvesters.
2. WeedCapacity. Is this tag present in RA2 and can be made to work?
3. ChemicalMissile. Is a superwepon with AuxBuilding set to a building with Weeder=yes and if the player has more than WeedCapacity weeds will get ready to be used?

So, now I am going to go figuring all this out. If anyone knows anything about it - tell me please.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Last edited by Parasite03 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man I like you.
1.Do you know how many thread you created recently?
2.And why is this thread in Ares? This has nothing to do with Ares unless it is request. So:
3. Is this request?
4. Do you notice that only I am mostly replying to your threads?
5. Did you notice that in this post you made 3 edits, and due to that nobody knows how direct to asnwer you because you are always changing first post?

Maybe change approach in writing, do not expect much from people, wait until your one and second question got solved, then open third and fourth, not creating massively threads on by one how do you remember. And especially please think good how your question will look like, not creating post, and making three edits asking new and dew questions, so everyone who refresh  page, see that you added something.
We all lose trace what you asked and what needs to be answered first.
I told you before, I created thread what tiberium-based stuff from TS can be done.
Ok, this is not tiberium related directly, it is more TS related.
I think this cannot be done, weed harvesting logic has been disabled in code. First, veinhole monster got disabled, therefore this related logic is disabled aswell.
I agree that it would be awesome to have it working, I would use it aswell, but I guess this is also pain in ass work for AlexB, and he wont touch it.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. I am not talking about veinholes here. I am talking about the veins it produces, not the monster itself.
2.I did notice that you make most of replies to my posts and thats because I make lost of TS-related posts and you are usually interested in TS stuff too.
3. I put this in Ares sections because stuff here might/must need Ares-related stuff.
4. All those edits are semi-related to the main post. The thing that all three edits are about is all TMP editors require ID of Weeds terrain types/ dont allow to make terrain Weeds/ dont have terrain types change thingy.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weed is an Overlay. This answers all your questions. If you're too blunt to grasp it, don't even post into this board.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must admit that Graion made point here.

Parasite03 wrote:
1. I am not talking about veinholes here. I am talking about the veins it produces, not the monster itself.

You cant have one without another, its connected.

Parasite03 wrote:
2.I did notice that you make most of replies to my posts and thats because I make lost of TS-related posts and you are usually interested in TS stuff too.

Yeah, good notice, true that, but you missed point. Others are also interested, but some people got annoyed by your style of writing and constant creating threads in Ares whenever its request or just conversation type.

Parasite03 wrote:
3. I put this in Ares sections because stuff here might/must need Ares-related stuff.

No its not related to Ares because it is not request, and currently it does not exist in Ares, therefore it just should go in Red Aler2 editing forum, but not matter now, all fine.

Parasite03 wrote:
4. All those edits are semi-related to the main post. The thing that all three edits are about is all TMP editors require ID of Weeds terrain types/ dont allow to make terrain Weeds/ dont have terrain types change thingy.

Yes, but the thing is that you messed completely question for your constant editing. Thats why people always first think of concept of post how should post loke like, then posting it, with small edits if needed.
You posted once, then you made first edit, after that you made second edit, and you made third edit expecting people to reply all of that.
When someone sees your (or anyone's thread), he reads what is written in there, and replies if he wants, but almost  never back to that topic unless he sees new posts in there after his, so nobody will notice edits.
I accidentally refreshed pages and notice your edits one by one.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You cant have one without another, its connected.

As Graion said, weeds are overlay. Overlay can exist without a spawner. So, weeds can be without veiholes, just placed on the map as pre-placed ore or other overlay.

Graion, stop calling everyone blunts, morons, etc.! I know that weeds are overlay, but it doesnt answer my question about other stuff! The fact that weeds are overlay doesnt answer my question about waste facilities and chemical missiles!

And also, please move this to Red Alert 2 Editing Forum, so no one else complains about this beig in the wrong forum.

I start to think abou making my own Questions thread....

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're asking about TMPs and terrain stuff like if veins use such. Overlays use SHPs.

I'm not calling everyone a moron. And I actually like Ukrania, you have Океан Ельзи. But the fact is, that if one goes through your posts, Parasite03, one quickly realizes that you have no clue about stuff. About any stuff.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, please, be civil.

Parasite03 wrote:
As Graion said, weeds are overlay. Overlay can exist without a spawner. So, weeds can be without veiholes, just placed on the map as pre-placed ore or other overlay.

But I am talking that one feature is connected to another.
If there is no Veinhole Monster logic in game, there are no veins, therefore no weed collecting, no chemical missile etc etc..

Parasite03 wrote:
And also, please move this to Red Alert 2 Editing Forum, so no one else complains about this beig in the wrong forum.

Did you realized that your another ,,Lala" thread got moved into crap forum already?

Parasite03 wrote:
I start to think abou making my own Questions thread....

yes, better do it, cause we do not want to have duplicated threads and such stuff, so we can keep it organized.
And please ,refrain from using tiberium(lifeform) related questions, I made thread for there, so we discuss that there, how is possible and what can be done regarding this.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't be surprised if posts start to be edited out of nowhere to stop a potential flame war. Let's be civil, guys.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
But I am talking that one feature is connected to another.
If there is no Veinhole Monster logic in game, there are no veins, therefore no weed collecting, no chemical missile etc etc..

No veinholes doent mean no veins. They can be place on map without spreading. But if you want veinholes - you can use some other method... Unless someone from Ares gets tired about tiberium and vein stuff and decides to make it.

Graion: About overlays and such. You are the coder, so you can tell: is the weeds/veins harvesing mechanism through Weeder=yes broken?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I SAID THERE IS NO VEINHOLE LOGIC IN GAME AT ALL, I AM REPEATING THIS ALL TIME, AND YOU KEEPING WRITING HOW YOU CAN PUT VEINS ALONE IN MAP EDITOR!

I can exchange tiberium type for veins, I can do some workaround perhaps, I can sacrifice some overlay or any type, I can create 1x1 building and name it veins, BUT THIS WONT SOLVE PROBLEM, BECAUSE LOGIC IS MISSED, AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LOGIC HERE.
So go ahead, go and put veins, put whatever you want, I am done in this thread with you. I cant waste all my day for nothing.

EDIT:Removed additional text cause it is useless when talk to Parasite03

Last edited by MasterHaosis on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In TS, there was a TerrainType (Veinhole) which could spawn a Overlaytype (Veinhole) underneath it self  (to create 3x3,-1 height hole). TerrainType  was hardcoded to play anim wihle taking damage and spawn gas particles. Aslo this TerrainType was harcoded to spawn a OverlayType (Veins) around Veinhole with specific hardcoded behaiviours (Vein attack, vein's grouth patern, also been controlled by ini tags). This OverlayType could have been harvested by TechnoType with Weeder=yes, and beening unload at BuildingType with Weeder=yes (this part still exist at YR, unlike anything else. You can code Weeder to harvest something ang return and uload)

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fixed for possible clarification...

MasterHaosis wrote:
I SAID THERE IS NO WEED LOGIC IN GAME AT ALL

Yes you don't need a veinhole to have weeds on a map, but the logic for both veinholes & weeds is broken in RA2 so there wouldn't be anything for the weeder to collect. Both would have to be fixed before any thought of adding a chemical missile system.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anything it would probably be easier to use bio reactor logic for a chemical missile, and skip weeds altogether.
OR flying unicorns that sh*t rainbows. That would be cool too.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rainbows and unicorns? must be a Mets fan, lol

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
You can code Weeder to harvest something ang return and uload

How? For example: I have an OverlayType VEINS which has tag Land=Weeds. They are invisible, but this is probably due to the very strange veins.xxx (xxx is tem, urb, etc.) that exists in RA2. Land type (or LAT) Weeds las Buildable=no. In game these invisible tiles do not allow buildings to be be built on the but they are not harvested by a "Weed Eater". How can I code thatm to be ate up by the Weeder=yes?

The actual code is:
Code:
[VEINS]
Image=VEINS
Name=Tiberium Veins
RadarColor=0,0,92
IsVeins=true
Land=Weeds

But it is just uncommented TS's code. Also, the Weed Eater doesnt even show the attack cursor on weeds. It just consideres it a passable terrain.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
How can I code thatm to be ate up by the Weeder=yes

You cant...

Quote:
But it is just uncommented TS's code

Broken code that doesn't do anything.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have been told many times that weed and veins logic doesn't work properly in RA2/YR and that they most likely won't be touched in Ares. You really shouldn't repeat yourself when you have been so vastly informed about the subject already.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
You have been told many times that weed and veins logic doesn't work properly in RA2/YR and that they most likely won't be touched in Ares. You really shouldn't repeat yourself when you have been so vastly informed about the subject already.

Some people need a good smack with the cluebat.

Steam

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
Gangster wrote:
You can code Weeder to harvest something ang return and uload

How? For example...blahblah

While speaking of "something" I have meant something, literaly not veins.
For example...
I have had a fun with Abductor logic, making Weed-eater harvest enemy troops and it was able to uload it at Waste Facility. So you could have it MC'ed (or probably re-Abduct even further with Waste Facility weapon. (untested)

As for VEINS and VEINHOLE, even tho it can be placed on map in FA, a code for it was either cutout completely or fuckedup by EA coders while development stage.

Parasite03 wrote:
In game these invisible tiles do not allow buildings to be be built on

Hmm. Good to know. I thought game just not placing stuff. Perhaps you could try to made a clone of [VEINS] but whith different name and artwork and see what will happen then.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROFL, soylent green missile! Can the the Chem missile be made to work this way or is that broken too?

Could be useful for a POW system! You can capture enemy troops, which can then be interrogated to give you a psychic reveal SW or made to defect & give you reinforcements etc.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
try to made a clone of [VEINS] but whith different name and artwork and see what will happen then.

So I made clone named [VEIN]. It appears in-game and triggers harvest cursor on it even tho weed-eater refuses to harvest any...yet.

Mig Eater wrote:
Can the the Chem missile be made to work this way or is that broken too?

No idea, mate. But there are high chances it still works. But I dont know what was triggering it. Never tried Abduct on Buildings and Storage logic was added just recently thaks to Alex.

SCRN.20140105-151142-00187.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  165.41 KB
 Viewed:  2589 Time(s)

SCRN.20140105-151142-00187.png

Last edited by Gangster on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
ROFL, soylent green missile! Can the the Chem missile be made to work this way or is that broken too?

Could be useful for a POW system! You can capture enemy troops, which can then be interrogated to give you a psychic reveal SW or made to defect & give you reinforcements etc.

Or Marijuana Missile!

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK. After Gangster discovered that Enemy Units Facility a.k.a. Abductors, I'm going to make an abductor that can attack friendly units to abduct some of them, drop into the waste facility and try to see, what happens with the "People Missile"

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it should clusterbomb into arms and legs... that explode!! gross.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon