Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
(censured) has happen to my fs cd?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject:  (censured) has happen to my fs cd? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mad I got firestorm as a christmas gift (in real did i get the c&c collection)but when u put in the cd and press install my computer stop works it only turns black and u can see a blue mouse arrow (or what its called) but nothing happen so i have to restart my computer Sad #Cussing out

well my xcc mixer does not work too it just stops load on a specific mix file if i remove that mix file it just stops on another one Sad NOTE: only the mixer does not work the mix editors and the other works fine.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try waiting when it goes black, if it doesnt work i would return it to the shop

i have the same problem with the XCC mixer, i usually move ra2 directory out and it should work, im not sure if it screws ra2 up

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zdflamer2 wrote:
i have the same problem with the XCC mixer, i usually move ra2 directory out and it should work, im not sure if it screws ra2 up

i uninstalled ra2 cuz i didnt playd it anymore (and to get the xcc mixer to work) but the xcc stops load on TS mixes then Sad

well i shall try 1 more time to install fs then i go to the shop

#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

have you installed any TS patches? If you have, reinstall TS before installing FS. Then install the patches once FS is installed. If you update TS before installing FS, everything can get totally screwed up!

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also you don´t need to run install for FS to work, just copying the files on D: folder and D:/install folder should work (if D is your cdrom)

be sure to update ts after that

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JippieX2k wrote:
zdflamer2 wrote:

i uninstalled ra2 cuz i didnt playd it anymore (and to get the xcc mixer to work) but the xcc stops load on TS mixes then Sad

well i shall try 1 more time to install fs then i go to the shop

what the hell, does any1 know what the mix prob is

the cd could be faulty, the same happened 2 me with renegade

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what are the specs of your comp, it may be a problem with your computer... I don't know anything about the XCC mixer problem you guys are having, myne runs fine...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Supersonic
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah my cd takes extremely long load so ihaff to wait somtime. so dont worry mate but as for ur mixer delete and unzip it again. if this does not work try copying all your files from the cd to ur harddrive and reinsstall from their. its usaully ur firestorm cd that stuffs up so try it.

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well about my xcc it worked fine but when i installed renegade it stops work. (It does not stop load on renegade mixes.)

i tried to redownload but it still wont work Sad Sad

i shall uninstall my ts patches now and try agin with FS.

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH i forgive a question: When Unisntalling TS does REMOVE FILES ADDED AFTER INSTALLATION have to be clicked to delite the patch???

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exclamation ERROR FOUND Exclamation
When i was exploring the cd did i get the same error (when clickin on anythin in the THEMES folder) that i get when i tried to install!
So i have one question:
Is the objects in the THEMES folder required to get firestorm to work??

i still cheking for more ERRORS in the FIRESTORM cd

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found the same error in the wolapi folder now Sad

Is the objects in the WOLAPI folder required to get firestorm to work??

#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOL stands for Westwood OnLine, so I dont know if this will affect... Anyway, my Nod disc is a bit screwed (the movies02.mix cant be completely read because of this), but it works perfect anyway.

And Themes is just desktop stuff like wallpapers and such.
It is not necessary for the game in any way.

Remove everything. Bakup your savefiles first if you want to keep them.

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JippieX2k wrote:
Exclamation ERROR FOUND Exclamation
When i was exploring the cd did i get the same error (when clickin on anythin in the THEMES folder) that i get when i tried to install!
So i have one question:
Is the objects in the THEMES folder required to get firestorm to work??

i still cheking for more ERRORS in the FIRESTORM cd

Oh my eyes... whats with the colors not all of use are hippies (not that your a hippy, it was a stupid joke, maby I shouldn't post this... too late)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the_kid wrote:
Oh my eyes... whats with the colors not all of use are hippies (not that your a hippy, it was a stupid joke, maby I shouldn't post this... too late)

He he i am sick so i wuz not so concetrated. #Sleep

Still sick today Sad

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#The fREaK! wrote:
Remove everything. Bakup your savefiles first if you want to keep them.

i does not have any sun patch.

So i have not got the patch error Exclamation

well i shall try to reinstall and remove all files added after installation.

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ERROR FOUND IN THE SETUP FOLDER!!!!

Is the objects in the SETUP folder required to get firestorm to work??

(I am not sure the error is there cuz the folder closed after a time.)

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am copying files right now

A question:

Can the Scores.mix be overwrited with the fs one????

#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can overwrite any TS file with the FS one, and I reccomend to do so.

#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The setup folder contains the stuff that gets installed, so its critical!
That disc sure seems screwed, so if you get a single error playing TS, return the damn disc!

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#The fREaK! wrote:
You can overwrite any TS file with the FS one, and I reccomend to do so.

Even the setup.exe?

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm well i have detected something:
I tested to install TS and FS on my (parents) better computer.But i had to ask mum for permission before she said yes and Firestorm WORKS!!! on the better computer Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

No more about the xcc mixer.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you need a new cdrom player if it works on your mums better computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum