Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
Buildable Spectre Gunship.
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject:  Buildable Spectre Gunship.
Subject description: need some help(& good advice)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to make the Spectre Gunship a buildable and controlable unit,or not? I need some good advice for it.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not with the actual effect of the Spectre Gunship GenPower. It is possible for a plane to keep turning around its target, but you can't force it to always turn the same way (always CW or CCW). Invasion Confirmed made an attempt at recreating the RA3 Harbinger Gunship, and while it worked somewhat, it wasn't like the GenPower.

BigBad
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've gotten all sorts of Generals' Powers to appear when I want them to, as if they are weapons by regular units; rather, I have done this with artillery a bunch of different ways.  I think that you could have some kind of dummy unit attack and spawn the Spectre's circle, and then the Spectre would fly in.

Glancing through my files, I cannot figure out how the Spectre gets spawned.  However, once you figure it out, my suggestion is to make a unit whose weapon has unlimited (9999999 or whatever) range.  Have the weapon do no damage or no meaningful damage, but use the OCL to spawn the plane.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BigBad wrote:
I've gotten all sorts of Generals' Powers to appear when I want them to, as if they are weapons by regular units; rather, I have done this with artillery a bunch of different ways.  I think that you could have some kind of dummy unit attack and spawn the Spectre's circle, and then the Spectre would fly in.

Glancing through my files, I cannot figure out how the Spectre gets spawned.  However, once you figure it out, my suggestion is to make a unit whose weapon has unlimited (9999999 or whatever) range.  Have the weapon do no damage or no meaningful damage, but use the OCL to spawn the plane.

This is because the Spectre is a very special case: it uses it own logic to spawn, fly to the target zone, fire weapons, and move away after xxx seconds. You can somehow replicate it with a invisible weapon being dropped afaik, but I'm not entirely sure.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You want a buildable player controlled Spectre Gunship?

I think the code for that is allready in-game ^.^

How about making the Spectre Gunship s slave of a selectable and moveable indestructable unit that can do no damage. This would work like the Battle drone, as that one also circles it's parent, and with a small enough range of this unit the gunship will be circling the target as well Smile

I think i'll try this out, would be interesting to see if i can finally get my Generals mod finished.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon