Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Flagships
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject:  Flagships Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Broken Alliance, naval warfare will be greatly expanded on. One such way is flagships.

A flagship is the symbol of a nations navy. Only one can be built, but they are immensely powerful ships. Here are some ideas:

British: HMS Ark Royal. A large aircraft carrier that spawns harriers to attack the enemy. It also boasts Goalkeeper guns to defend against aircraft and missiles. Helicopters can also land and be repaired at the carrier.

Germany: Unnamed. A large ship with two V4 rockets. V4 rockets are the Germans upgrade to a V3. More powerful, tougher, and faster, they are less likely to be shot down. They can bombarb coastal positions with these missiles, and are also armed with a small cannon, capable of dealing damage to other ships and helicopters.

Korea: Unnamed. An enormous submarine with a missile launcher capable of hitting all targets from beneath the water. They can also deploy, rise above the water, and become an aircraft carrier. However, in this position it is unable to move. The strongest of the flagships, it will cost vast amounts of money.

Any other ideas would be welcome.

P.S. The RLF do not have a flagship.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just hope that n00bs doesnt only use these kind of ships to destroy an enemy... make sure they have a weak point which makes it require assistance of other ships Wink.

Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All ships will have a weakness. For example, when deployed, the Korean craft loses its sensors, and is vulnerable to submarines.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the weakness for the germans is quite obvious, units which get close r able to destroy it, the british weakness if the harriers r destroyed it can be attacked by non air units

Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right, Zdflamer. I was giving an example. The weaknesses won't be given to you, you'll have to spot them for yourselves.

Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way, if any modellers or good voxel artists are interested, I need someone to do these ships!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about making the German ship the Rhineland? That was their equivalent to the Dreadnought class ship (which at the start of WW1 was the most powerful in the world). It depends on whose running them though, if they're run by an Emperor, it could be called the Kaiser. I'm just making this up as I go along here.

Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a bad idea, I'll investigate the real-life German navy a bit deeper. (Aha.)

Dark Crusader
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The HMS Royal is almost complete.
Check Final Thread at Sleipnir's stuff>Voxels.

---Dark Crusader

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon