Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
South Park: Stick of Truth
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject:  South Park: Stick of Truth
Subject description: it is upon us!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure how many South Park fans we have here. But personally I find the satire in series along with the crude jokes and constant relating to previous episodes in the series to be quite hilarious and...because of such I'm excited that their new game The Stick of Truth is coming out tomorrow. (well for North America release anyways)

So anyone else going to get it? Or what's your opinion thus far from previews and pics?

Oh and of course the youtubes:

older trailer

First 13 minutes of gameplay:

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love South Park and would like to play this, but it's not worth the £40 that Steam is asking for.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, Steam prices are pretty bad. You can get it from amazon for £28, which is heading in the right direction. Looks like a pretty good game though, I'll definitely check it out at some point.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I paid the Steam price (which is $60 for here) I didn't want to wait, had extra money from birthday, and figured I could preload it onto my machine the day before. lol Otherwise I would have waited to see if it goes on sale during one of their sales like I do most games.

But...so far I can say it's pretty awesome and throws you into the full South Park universe. From making friends like the facebook episode (which is a crucial part to the game mind you), to taking a shit in a toilet, pulling the shit out of the toilet (to which it goes into your inventory), and then being able to use the shit as an item in battle to 'gross-out' your enemies, then the summon characters like Jesus, Mr. Slave, and the City Wok guy, and even the stuff you find in Cartman's mom's bedroom...LOL.
It's got a pretty good turn based set up too if you can stand turn based games lol. Nothing too challenging yet though.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is worth the price there is simply nothing bad about it as long as you like the south park sort of humor. feel of the game combat story sound whatever you name it all well done.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

South park is awesome. Yeah I'm checking this out.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never did and never will understand how come this disgusting piece of junk has such a fame. O_o

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's definetely worth every dime you pay for it.
I'm enjoying it to the max Very Happy Bit of nostalgia. Be sure to buy the US version (if possible) instead of the censored European version.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
I never did and never will understand how come this disgusting piece of junk has such a fame. O_o

Political and social commentary. That's how.

Steam

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
It's definetely worth every dime you pay for it.
I'm enjoying it to the max Very Happy Bit of nostalgia. Be sure to buy the US version (if possible) instead of the censored European version.

^^ This.

Cause Night 2 and Day 3. HOLY....ztype....

'LOW BRIDGE!' and 'What could they have possibly thrown into the trash with the goo here?!'
(perhaps not exact quote but close enough...)
I was starting to think they wouldn't go that far based on the Day 1 through Day 2 play...but then Night 2 happened....and was like...oh god...and then Day 3 happened and I was like....yup that's censored in the Europe release no doubt about it...

Sadly I had to work today and will again tomorrow and friday so my play time has been drastically cut down. but logged like 14 hours that first day.

Quote:

yup like FurryQueen stated. Political and social commentary/satire mixed in with some crudeness. If all you've watched of it was season 1 or certain random episodes that have aired then you might have only seen an episode of crude jokes. Many people just see the graphics and think 'ugh and they're suppose to be 4th graders that's just stupid and vile' and never get beyond that and into the actual story that's going on and is making a complete mockery of a current event situation be it political or social, often times with a good lesson.
But along with the satire and commentary they do a lot of referencing of previous episodes and IMO when a show can do that well like they have it makes a series so much better. And has really helped make their show and games by doing such.
And in terms of story. The main characters have had so much actual development compared to most series it's not even funny. Hell even some of the lesser characters have had a good deal of character development since they've been introduced.

Edit:
Adding in a whopping 3 hours of gameplay time to what I did yesterday and I've beaten the game. So it's really not that long of a game. Pretty sure I did all the main sidequests in the game as well though another play through as another Class will verify that perhaps.
I foresee DLC Story add-ons in the future of the game though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum