Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Rubble expansion
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People, what do you think about this?
Quote:
Code:
[Gluk-v48]: Alex: What do you think about this? I added in the Whiteboard. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/ways-to-capture-rubble
AlexB__: i'm thinking about other things at the moment
AlexB__: neutral rubble could be helpful, but occupiable rubble would cause some problems
[Gluk-v48]: What?
[Gluk-v48]: The only problem is the cursor.
AlexB__: rubble is removed from map, and occupiers in them could leak that way
[Gluk-v48]: This cursor repair rather than penetration.
[Gluk-v48]: MaxNumberOccupants=0 By default
[Gluk-v48]: Not who can not enter into it. Only the engineer can repair it.
[Gluk-v48]: It is important that the owner only Neutral,
[Gluk-v48]: In this case, there should be no leak
AlexB__: it isn't a good solution. it's too easy to set number of occupants to something above 0 accidentally
[Gluk-v48]: Can borrow the logic that allows engineers to enter buildings with CanBeOccupied=yes. To do this will already require additional hooks.
[Gluk-v48]: Errors authors mods, not your concern. I think so....
[Gluk-v48]: Incidentally, when the structure CanBeOccupied=yes, Strength less than 25%(IIRC), it automatically switches to the building Neutral, all passengers out of the building.
AlexB__: that doesn't apply if an occupied rubble building is converted to the intact version
[Gluk-v48]: Sure...
[Gluk-v48]: aslo
[Gluk-v48]: The engineer still can not enter if 100% health.
[Gluk-v48]: I like my idea due to the fact that it is quite simple to implement.
[Gluk-v48]: Albeit with a few restrictions.
AlexB__: you should put it up on ppm and see if the others like it. but i can't promise to code it for 0.6

And also:
I want to ask two additional tags for logic Advanced Rubble.
[BuildingType]►Rubble.Remove= (boolean)
[BuildingType]►Rubble.RemoveAnim= (animation)
If the engineer repair Rubble, then the building will be just remotely, and in its place will be played animation.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 wrote:

And also:
If the engineer repair Rubble, then the building will be just remotely, and in its place will be played animation.

So you want to make when the rubble is repaired a buildup animation to be played and then the building is repaired and ready for use? If it is this, I am for it.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20, I think it is also possible. But my plan was to be impossible to Rubble in a building. A engineer to perform demolition rubble.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trying to understand it...

So you want an alternate outcome to rubble where it instead clears it instead of repairing it back into a building?

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles, yes. Rublle which Rubble.Remove=yes, will be destroyed when it will go engineer, his place will be played animation Rubble.RemoveAnim.

Why not who does not speak out about the first half of the message?

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 wrote:
People, what do you think about this?
Quote:
Code:
[Gluk-v48]: Alex: What do you think about this? I added in the Whiteboard. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/ways-to-capture-rubble
AlexB__: i'm thinking about other things at the moment
AlexB__: neutral rubble could be helpful, but occupiable rubble would cause some problems
[Gluk-v48]: What?
[Gluk-v48]: The only problem is the cursor.
AlexB__: rubble is removed from map, and occupiers in them could leak that way
[Gluk-v48]: This cursor repair rather than penetration.
[Gluk-v48]: MaxNumberOccupants=0 By default
[Gluk-v48]: Not who can not enter into it. Only the engineer can repair it.
[Gluk-v48]: It is important that the owner only Neutral,
[Gluk-v48]: In this case, there should be no leak
AlexB__: it isn't a good solution. it's too easy to set number of occupants to something above 0 accidentally
[Gluk-v48]: Can borrow the logic that allows engineers to enter buildings with CanBeOccupied=yes. To do this will already require additional hooks.
[Gluk-v48]: Errors authors mods, not your concern. I think so....
[Gluk-v48]: Incidentally, when the structure CanBeOccupied=yes, Strength less than 25%(IIRC), it automatically switches to the building Neutral, all passengers out of the building.
AlexB__: that doesn't apply if an occupied rubble building is converted to the intact version
[Gluk-v48]: Sure...
[Gluk-v48]: aslo
[Gluk-v48]: The engineer still can not enter if 100% health.
[Gluk-v48]: I like my idea due to the fact that it is quite simple to implement.
[Gluk-v48]: Albeit with a few restrictions.
AlexB__: you should put it up on ppm and see if the others like it. but i can't promise to code it for 0.6

And also:

you want it so that if a building is destroyed..... nothing but rubble.......... you can put an engineer in it and rebuild? If I am correct in what you are requesting, does this apply to civilian structures or military?

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Read these links in order.
http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/new/urbancombattrenches.html#advanced-rubble

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/ways-to-capture-rubble

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/expand-advanced-rubble

1. I want the was solved problem  when the engineer can not penetrate the Rubble if the player is not the owner of the Rubble. To encode it in ares (for my proposed method), requires not a lot of code, but my proposed method has some minor limitations.

2. I do not want to repair the Rubble, I want to destroy them.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can destroy the rubble already. You can make Rubble.Intact a building which destroys itself somehow without a rubble. There is no restriction that the advanced rubble tags should refer to each other, only their foundation.

I do not see the benefits of your first part. The original issue was even more easier than what you are trying to sell here. I don't even understand what would Rubble.Strength be used for.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares needs to unhardcode a lot of stuff to make modding a lot easier. For example: the tiberium images are hardcoded which makes it completely impossible to remove udeless entries without screwing the game up.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Game doesn't care shit about the order of lists in your rulesmd.ini. It's what is in the list after parsing.
Also, why do you want to clean the lists so badly? You can always add new stuff at the end. That might be difficult for overlay, but you can always replace dummy entries like PALETXX

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Overlays list is all about that and considering that list has stuff which can't be rendered into INI tags nicely, it's better to leave it that way.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I care about junk there so much because it annyys me while modding.
I know that the game makes its own enumeration of entries in lists, it's all about how nice it looks. Editing clean rules is much nicer that seeing tons of junk there and trying to understand, what is used and what is not, what can be added. For example: GACSPH_A

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
You can destroy the rubble already. You can make Rubble.Intact a building which destroys itself somehow without a rubble. There is no restriction that the advanced rubble tags should refer to each other, only their foundation.

I tested it. I can not get rid of craters of destruction of buildings.
Graion Dilach wrote:

I do not see the benefits of your first part. The original issue was even more easier than what you are trying to sell here. I don't even understand what would Rubble.Strength be used for.

Rubble.Strength - This strength of the building during construction.
"original issue was even more easier"
If it's so simple. Why it has not yet who did not code?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiiiiiiime. I have no time to even live, goddamnit!

=======================

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So to recap...you requested whole engineer remove rubble feature for the limitation of getting crater when you blow it up...

Surely its better idea to request LeaveCrater=no or something as I surely do not recall if this was hard coded in, else just use explosion animations without Crater=yes ...

Plus lets think about the engineer use, who in their right mind wants to use 500$ worth in engineer to remove a rubble and get nothing from it except it gone!??? Confused

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LeaveCrater=no That would be good. But it's harder to do.

ApolloTD wrote:

Plus lets think about the engineer use, who in their right mind wants to use 500$ worth in engineer to remove a rubble and get nothing from it except it gone!??? Confused

Engineer is not destroyed in the destruction of Rubble.
He enters the building, does its job and exits. This is the same as Tanya behaves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVALt8yZGw&feature=youtu.be&t=3m38s

Edited. I found a way that my building do not leave craters. I replaced all the Crater=yes in the rules on the Burn=yes. However, this method is bad....

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You did try putting Explosion= of the rubble with anims that do not have Crater=yes? Instead of go replace every anim with that...

Its quick to make such clones and your issue is likely fixed unless I am unaware of some hard coding.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Glukv48 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
Ares needs to unhardcode a lot of stuff to make modding a lot easier. For example: the tiberium images are hardcoded which makes it completely impossible to remove udeless entries without screwing the game up.

really? you want ARES to unhardcode stuff? you think its that easy?

ApolloTD wrote:
So to recap...you requested whole engineer remove rubble feature for the limitation of getting crater when you blow it up...

Surely its better idea to request LeaveCrater=no or something as I surely do not recall if this was hard coded in, else just use explosion animations without Crater=yes ...

im not interested in this, but since you mention cost of the engineer, what about making an engineer say $250 that only has this purpose, make his weapon affect only this

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The entire point of the rubble is that it remains.
If you don't want there to be remains, don't use rubble.

Also, can't you just destroy the rubble the normal way?
I don't recall adding handling to prevent rubble destruction, and I didn't see anything like that in the code just now.
I asked Alex just now, and he also says it can be destroyed.

Seriously, though: It boils down to the first line of the post: The entire point of the rubble is that it remains. (At least until repaired.)
If the building is supposed to be destroyed without ruins, don't use rubble features.
If you want to destroy rubble...destroy it.

There is no reason for weird special case concoctions to turn Engineers into part-time SEALs under very specific circumstances.

Also, I can't help but notice that the army of merciless requesters still fails to have the necessary strategic view and four-dimensional thinking to create good feature requests.

If you must have this, if you must complicate your entire game by crafting a pointless edge case to achieve the opposite of the intended effect, why not at least make it reusable?
Why insist on making the request as stupidly narrow and pointlessly specific as the feature?

What you actually want is the ability to change a special infantry unit into a different special infantry unit based on a certain condition.

What you actually want to request is the ability to control which of Assaulter, Agent, Engineer, C4, IvanBomb or Thief/VehicleThief is active for a particular Armor.

That way, you could just specify
Code:

[ArmorTypes]
rubble=concrete

[GASOMERUBBLE]
Armor=rubble

[ENGINEER]
EnterAsEngineer=wood,steel,concrete
EnterAsC4=rubble

...and the whole thing would be solved and you could do shitloads of other stuff with it:
Like code it to be a spy only for power plants, so Engineers can sabotage hostile power stations, but not steal money or technology.
Or creating building-specific clearers: e.g. a unit which is an Assaulter solely for trench buildings, or Battle Bunkers.
Or all-purpose capturers: Engineers which can not only take over buildings, but tanks as well.
Or master spies: Spies which can not only use their disguise to steal enemy technology, but also to commandeer enemy vehicles.
And so on, and so on.

But noooooooooooo, as usual, you seek out the narrowest possible case and riddle the codebase with silly one-off edge case handlings. Rolling Eyes

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ywjtauwi5kpvaf/755Dfo0R9O

This is my ini code. Connect these files via [#include] in the rules and art.

Obviously many do not understand what I want to do.
So why instead of writing at the beginning of assumptions that do not test code that I gave you?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like Renegade's proposed idea for EnterAsXXX feature. I don't know that I would use it, but it's pretty cool and I'd support it.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I coded 3 new tags for Ares. I hope that it will be included in 0.6 or 0.7.

Rubble.Anim
Rubble.Neutral
Rubble.Strength

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You did... what?

=======================

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 wrote:
I coded 3 new tags for Ares. I hope that it will be included in 0.6 or 0.7.

Rubble.Anim
Rubble.Neutral
Rubble.Strength

Graion Dilach wrote:
You did... what?

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I think that he wanted to say that he has "named" new tags for the future versions.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He clearly said that he coded them.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He probably just added them to his rules in anticipation...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can say that I answered one or two questions regarding the code last night.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can be tested.
[BuildingType]►Rubble.Anim= (animation)
Animation that plays during create Rubble.Intact or Rubble.Destroyed

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Neutral= (bool)
Will the next Rubble.Intact or Rubble.Destroyed owned owner Neutral. Defaults to no

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Strength= (float - multiplier)
Strength percentage which will be created by the following Rubble.Intact or Rubble.Destroyed. Defaults to 100% for Rubble.Destroyed, 1% for Rubble.Intact.

Attachment deleted, out of date.

Last edited by Glukv48 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm. I don't approve what you did with the product name, but regardless, cool. So you did found out that it was an easy thing to do.

Sorry, but I still remember that time, when you started assinging random bugs to yourself... and I thought this was also a case of such.

=======================

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I tried your custom syringe code Gluk48.

I did not try Rubble.Anim though.

Rubble.Strength and Rubble.Neutral work as intended. I felt it sad that one cannot specify a country, such as (Rubble.Special=yes), that way people could repair an allies rubble. "Special is allied to all players so making rubble special would have allowed you to repair it without requiring you to capture it before you can use the rubble intact logic to restore to Rubble.Intact=.

Before I ever even tried your new code Gluk, I found a way to achieve some of this already. Since I had been working with making unclear-able rubble etc that could be repaired.

Using attached animations, with a play once function using a negative duration, I was able to Set strength and provide animations before you ever created this code. But good job on the code and I'm glad you were able to contribute.

That said Using Rubble.Strength is a whole lot simpler and gets around a bug I may have found with attached animations as a strength setter.

During my tests I captured a CAOILD, destroyed it with my own units then repaired it back. I had set my Rubble.Destroyed as XCAOILD on my CAOILD. When CAOILD was destroyed it's Rubble.Destroyed was placed and took the 950 damage from the attached animation, thus putting it at 50 strength of 1000.
But then there was a problem during a test. I discovered one of my units was also using an attached animation warhead which reduced strength by a percentage, and was able to apply it to both CAOILD and XCAOILD "my Rubble.Destroyed rubble", causing the attached animation which applied 950 damage on XCAOILD to take more then 950 damage and die instead of being at 5% health.

The bug I encountered is that attached animations carry over to the new rubble buildings despite being a new building. Of course Graion may have designed it this way, so I'm not sure it's fair to call this a bug or not.

I'm sure Graion can answer that question easily enough, at his convenience though. Thanks.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll think about the tag Rubble.Owner instead Rubble.Neutral. It is not hard to do.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haven't fiddled with these rubble tags yet... but does this allow you to have ownered Rubble (Ala GLA Holes in Generals?)

If so I could probably find a use for this too...

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EricAnimeFreak wrote:
Special is allied to all players so making rubble special would have allowed you to repair it without requiring you to capture it before you can use the rubble intact logic to restore to Rubble.Intact=. .

I tested it, it did not work as you said. the effect was the same as at Neutral. Alex said that FindSpecial function does not work properly in 0.5, and that he corrected this in 0.6. I will return to this topic after it is released ares0.6

I use another method, so anyone can recover Rubble
Code:
[CAAIRP]
LeaveRubble=no
Rubble.Destroyed=CAAIRP_R
Rubble.Neutral=yes
Rubble.Strength=1%                 ;You can set any value except 100%. Example 101% or 99%.

[CAAIRP_R]
UIName=Name:Shattere
Name=Shattered Ruins
Strength=100
Rubble.Strength=0%
Rubble.Intact=CAAIRP_R
CanBeOccupied=yes                  ;Most important
MaxNumberOccupants=0               ;The default is 0, but may cause problems if it is accidentally set to a positive value. Know this.

EricAnimeFreak wrote:
But then there was a problem during a test. I discovered one of my units was also using an attached animation warhead which reduced strength by a percentage, and was able to apply it to both CAOILD and XCAOILD "my Rubble.Destroyed rubble", causing the attached animation which applied 950 damage on XCAOILD to take more then 950 damage and die instead of being at 5% health.

You used AttachEffect.Animation ?
You added AttachEffect.Duration=1 ?
Damage from animations applied each frame that plays the animation. If the duration of the animation 3 frames, Damage=10, then the total damage is 30.

EDIT:
EricAnimeFreak wrote:
Rubble.Special

Glukv48 wrote:
I tested it, it did not work as you said.

I managed to do it and it works. Thanks for a good idea.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 wrote:

You used AttachEffect.Animation ?
You added AttachEffect.Duration=1 ?
Damage from animations applied each frame that plays the animation. If the duration of the animation 3 frames, Damage=10, then the total damage is 30.

Specifically I did this.

Code:
Rules Code

[CAOILD]
Rubble.Destroyed=XCAOILD

[XCAOILD]
Strength=1000
Armor=ARUBBLE
AttachEffect.Animation=RUBBLEAURA
AttachEffect.Duration=5
AttachEffect.Delay=-1

[RUBBLEAURAWH]
Verses=0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
InfDeath=1
AffectsEnemies=no
AffectsAllies=yes
Versus.ARUBBLE=100%

Art Code

[RUBBLEAURA]
Damage=950
DamageRadius=0
Warhead=RUBBLEAURAWH
Image=INVISO
Rate=900
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=3
LoopCount=1

Then to increase strength on Rebuild you just apply a new animation on the intact building with a negative verses warhead.

Glukv48 wrote:

I managed to do it and it works. Thanks for a good idea.

I actually suggested it to Graion back around 0.2 days and I think my posts are still on the Tracker from back then.

Anyways I was glad I could help.

Last edited by EricAnimeFreak on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't remember if the Transfer codes are called during transition of rubble. If they are, well, then that's what causes Eric's AE issue.

=======================

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EricAnimeFreak wrote:

Strength=1000

EricAnimeFreak wrote:

AttachEffect.Duration=5

EricAnimeFreak wrote:

Damage=950

I do not think that's a mistake.
950*5=4750
4750 > 1000

You must
Code:
Damage=190

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No the code is correct. Attach Effect is applied for each full play through of the entire animation.

The duration for playing my animations is 5 frames.

The animation itself has a rate of 900 frames per game minute. The animation itself has 3 frames in it so it takes 3 frames to complete. Since it can only play the animation completely once, since the attached effect lasts 5 frames, only 950 damage is ever dealt. A second animation never finishes.

Duration controls how many frames can be played. Rate controls how many frames are displayed in these frames. My animation is played in 900 frames per game minute "with game minute equaling 60(15)=900."

For your math to be correct either
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=0
or
AttachEffect.Duration=15
Would have to have been used.

Also my code worked fine, it was only when I used a tank with an AE warhead which reduced the targets strength when the rubble was actually destroyed. note the tankd attacked CAOILD not the rubble. I beleive the AE carried over to the rubble, so the strength of the rubble was reduced, thus allowing the AE to destroy it instead of damaging it to 5% of it's health.

EDIT:
I just realized a fix/workaround for my issue. Simply have the animation last longer then any of my AE warheads which reduce strength... Problem is, then it looks weird in game... Guess I'm going to have to wait for Rubble.Strength codes before I can get it working like I want it in my mod.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eric... animation damages are dealt every frame they're played. Also, LoopCount for AE anims are hardcoded to -1 for sanity reasons.

=======================

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I redid  tags, think it will be more flexible and properly.
Rubble.Anim remained unchanged. Rubble.Neutral Been removed, was replaced by Rubble.Owner. Rubble.Strength now takes integer values. No float.

What we have now:

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Owner= (enumeration Current|Special|Neutral|)
Which owner will owned next Rubble.Intact or Rubble.Destroyed. Defaults to Current

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Strength= (integer)
Strength which will be created by the following Rubble.Intact or Rubble.Destroyed. Defaults to 100% for Rubble.Destroyed, 1% (But not less than 1 integer) for Rubble.Intact.

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Anim= (animation)
Animation that plays during create Rubble.Intact or Rubble.Destroyed

Last edited by Glukv48 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:12 am; edited 3 times in total

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I daresay this could be expanded to act similar to the GLA in generals.

Have a "time until rebuild" tag, and "time to build" tag, a "rebuilding" image tag, and you'd be set.

Just thinking aloud, I wouldn't use it, but someone else might.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
I daresay this could be expanded to act similar to the GLA in generals.

Have a "time until rebuild" tag, and "time to build" tag, a "rebuilding" image tag, and you'd be set.

Just thinking aloud, I wouldn't use it, but someone else might.

That is what I think this is though without the rebuilding thing. What I expected was this to be basically transforming the building to another entity the Rubble Building.

Was thinking could use this where destroyed buildings turn into impromptu Defensive Structures (Troops "garrisoned" inside) until the Engineer builds it back to the original structure.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Eric... animation damages are dealt every frame they're played. Also, LoopCount for AE anims are hardcoded to -1 for sanity reasons.

I just tested several times. Animation damage is dealt only after the animation goes through an entire loop, the amount of loops is irrelevant, and the hardcode to -1 makes sense.

In this case my animations  LoopStart=0 and LoopEnd=3 says that my animation has 3 frames. In game those frames are played at a certain rate, determined by the Rate= tag. In this case Rate=900 would mean my animation plays its frames at 900 frames per 900 game frames. If my Rate was set at 450, then it would play a frame at an interval of 450 frames per 900 game frames, or 1 frame every 2 game frames. My tests show this as accurate.

Since my Attached animation's effects duration is set at 5 frames. And my animation has 3 frames, in order to do a complete cycle, based on the fact it plays 1 frame per 1 game frame second, it will take 3 game frames to play. Then the animation only ever complete its 3 frame cycle once. Therefore applying the damage only once, not per every frame they are played. Unless of course you meant every time they were fully played, "as in all of their frames."

Code:
Try this code.

If you set AttachEffect.Duration= to anything less then 200 it will never damage the technotype it's attached too.

[RUBBLEAURA]
Damage=950
DamageRadius=0
Warhead=RUBBLEAURAWH
Image=INVISO
Rate=900
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=200
LoopCount=1

With a slight change to the code however, it now will damage something by 100 frames.

[RUBBLEAURA]
Damage=950
DamageRadius=0
Warhead=RUBBLEAURAWH
Image=INVISO
Rate=1800
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=200
LoopCount=1

Or you can make the animation take twice as long to complete. This make it so it will only go off if you set duration at 400 or higher.

[RUBBLEAURA]
Damage=950
DamageRadius=0
Warhead=RUBBLEAURAWH
Image=INVISO
Rate=450
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=200
LoopCount=1

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your wrong based on all my years of experience on this, fact is, it runs so fast so more likely your mistaken by how fast it runs and think damage is caused by entire run when it is not. I've had damage on large explosion animations that gradually damage as long as animation runs and it has been even 70 frames or so and building keeps flashing on the entire run, not only after it.

Plus don't ever EVER put higher rate than 900, besides 900 is default btw...

Higher than that is not valid and will freeze the animation, AE may be exception to allow it to run...

Do yourself favor and try a actual explo or something longer on some target and you will see damage happen gradually unless you put absurd instantly killing values.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need to run more tests your right. And yeah assigning more frames then their are frames also makes sense.
I want to understand animations more than I do now.

Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Small update. Old binary files removed from this topic. Now is based on the 0.6. Aslo fixed a few minor bugs. All three tags were separated for individual control Destroyed and Intact.

What we have now:

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Destroyed.Owner= (enumeration Current|Special|Neutral|Random)
Which owner will owned next Rubble.Destroyed. Defaults to Current

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Intact.Owner= (enumeration Current|Special|Neutral|Random)
Which owner will owned next Rubble.Intact. Defaults to Current

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Destroyed.Strength= (integer)
Strength which will be created by the following Rubble.Destroyed. Defaults to 100%.

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Intact.Strength= (integer)
Strength which will be created by the following Rubble.Intact. Defaults to 1% (But not less than 1 integer)

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Destroyed.Anim= (animation)
Animation that plays during create Rubble.Destroyed

[BuildingType]►Rubble.Intact.Anim= (animation)
Animation that plays during create Rubble.Intact

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon