Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
Non-defensive building gets a weapon
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
BigBad
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject:  Non-defensive building gets a weapon
Subject description: Call an airstrike strike from the airfield
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Disclaimer: I don't know how I would work this into a balanced game, but it seems like a fun idea for when I'm messing around.

I want to get non-defensive buildings to have weapons.  I tried this by giving one a weapon that was supposed to be able to fire anywhere on the map (range was set to 15,000) but the minimum range for the weapon was longer than the sight range of the building.  The weapon was supposed to have an invisible projectile that would spawn the strike.  I set up some buttons so that I could manually trigger the weapon.  Assuming that the building would not be able to see anything it at which it was allowed to shoot, I thought that this would give me full control over when the strike was called, effectively giving me a way to mix generals' powers (and probably superweapons) between sides and factions.

My button worked.  I clicked where I wanted the strike.  It didn't happen.  Anyone know what's up?

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First off, you current problem is probably some object that's blocking the line of sight to the target, to fix change weapon parameters.

Secondly a "generals power" can also be defined without generals point cost if i'm not mistaken. I.e. copy an existing generals power to your liking with the commandcenters' logic for activating it, then modify the buttons etc to not require a generals unlock(or put them all on a very simple generals unlock).

BigBad
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was messing around with it.  I set the building's engineering parameters to have it be able to attack, but not requiring line of sight.  Nada.  There was no strike.

The building is not normally a building that has any kind of attack ability.  Is this an issue of setting it up to have that (beyond what I've done)?  If so, what do I do to enable it to attack like a defensive structure?  (I'm pretty sure I've used the sight range as shorter than the minimum range for the weapon to prevent weapons from firing without me explicitly telling them to.)

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not sure if required, but does your building have an AIupdate module?

or better, could you post your building's code(leaving out the modeldraw modules please)?

BigBad
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The-Light wrote:
not sure if required, but does your building have an AIupdate module?

or better, could you post your building's code(leaving out the modeldraw modules please)?
I've gotten it to work.  What's weird is that it won't create one attack location; there are many on the way to where I designate.

I've been messing with this in Contra since some of the strikes they have are just ridiculously cool (Microwave beam!!!), though I might go back to normal ZH to see if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just a flaw in Contra.  That's for the weekend.

Thank you for offering to look at code.  Depending on how the weekend test goes, I might upload some.

BigBad
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(Yes, I'm double-posting, but how else will anyone know that there's something new in the thread?)

Better question: How would I give the war factory, for example, a small machine gun for self defense?

I think I can take that idea and use it with the strikes that I've been trying to get.  I've gotten them to work, but only with units/buildings that already had weapons, not something inert like the war factory.

I also love that idea for some of the GLA buildings.  You think you've destroyed the defenses.  WRONG!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon