Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Titanfall
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:  Titanfall Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know daTS has it, but does anyone else have it yet? It's just... so good. I mean, there's solid gunplay, excellent underlying mechanics and mechs. How can you go wrong?

Steam

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funny you mention it, I'm going to DaTS's place this weekend, we're going to do some Titanfall LAN Very Happy

I played the demo, and it kicked arse! Everyone says it's a Call of Duty killer. I especially like the dropship sequence at the end of matches.
I also detected a lot of similarities between it and Tiberium, but then again I only played like 1 hr worth of demo so far.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game looks like a lot of fun.  I've tried to avoid buying it because I'm poor and trying to pass my papers.

Maybe I'll pick it up on sale some time.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Titanfall Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
How can you go wrong?

by expecting content. Titanfall is very poor in that regard and me aswell as many people posting on the net say they're tired of it already. Burncards piss me off too. lulz people running around with maphack wallhack up powered guns etc. shitty team balance ending up in 3 vs 6 or low level players vs prestige 7 guys. no offline play and no SP and noprivate match. In the first 5 hours of playing you're essentially fodder.

Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Furry, do you hace it on PC or Xbox?
Im still liking it so far, but im looking forward the improved matchmaking in all the playlists.

And I doubt its gonna be a cod killer, it seems it is harder to play than cod from a casual perspective. Also it lacks a "Search and destroy" mode, so i will probably keep buying cod alongside titanfall sequels, even if only treyarch's cod might be worth buying

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have it on PC. I don't even own a console it's on anyway. I didn't have any issues with matchmaking last time I played but that was Sunday evening. I'll be playing it some more tonight and over the next few days though.

Quote:
by expecting content. Titanfall is very poor in that regard and me aswell as many people posting on the net say they're tired of it already. Burncards piss me off too. lulz people running around with maphack wallhack up powered guns etc. shitty team balance ending up in 3 vs 6 or low level players vs prestige 7 guys. no offline play and no SP and noprivate match. In the first 5 hours of playing you're essentially fodder.

If you're fodder that quickly, you're just terrible at the game. I started my first match on Sunday and, while I didn't lead the team, I was doing well enough with just the default classes. I don't know what you're doing, but you're doing it wrong. I mean, Burn Cards are limited anyway so you're just looking for things to complain about because you're bad.

Steam

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Slight bump.

I honestly do wish the game would have had a true campaign, especially a single-player one at that, because I feel as if it could have had an extremely interesting storyline. I think they could have gone the route of Mass Effect or something, because it has that feel to it. The AI (namely the grunts and how they behave) is already well-done (if you ever watch them, they react to nearly everything that happens, and even drag their wounded back to safety and check the dead for ammo. They even go so far as to try and keep up with players and maintain fireteams, despite the fact that they pose almost no threat to players and only really serve to provide experience points when you kill them).

Overall, the game has so much potential. I'm excited to see what the have in store for future DLC. The upcoming one in May already sounds promising.

Even if they don't intend to go that deep into it, it's a solid multiplayer game. The game itself is balanced in most aspects, save the fact that sometimes you get paired with shitty teams or go against players who are much higher ranks than you are. I didn't feel that that really mattered; I maintained a 7:something kill-dead-ratio for nearly an entire week when I first started playing it and I haven't gone negative in a single match up until yesterday.

Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Scorched

If you want to learn more about the development of the game, there're a lot of good stuff in Final Hours of TitanFall. It's around 2$, and you get to know why the campaign got the axe. I'm pretty sure the next game around, we will get a campaign and maybe a coop like in COD MW1-2 or maybe something different.

It is stated that Respawn wanted to make all these things, but they had a lot of problems with the team handling the mess with Activision. But now they've shipped their core game, they will only expand on it, and I'm sure we will be very happy with Titanfall 2 ( or at least thats something I hope for. I trust them, but we never know ). The DLCs will only include maps, maybe a bit of story too with these. :L Anyway I'm excited to see whats next.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I absolutely love this game. So what, the campaign barely rates as a "story", but in terms of Multiplayer, it goes really hard. I don't have a problem with matchmaking. So what I'm against a Generation 8-10 team. Playing against superior opponents only makes you play harder and get better.

People cry so much about matchmaking, but I'm relatively new at it yet I'm still keeping a K/D ratio of 1.5+ with players and 4.0+ overall.

My buddy and I are looking to get teams together than can play weekends. Not competitively, but this is certainly a team-based game. To really be successful, you need to have good coordination with your team.

If you're interested, add me on Origin @ xREDxPHOENIXx and Skype @ anthony.c.myers (we use Skype voice to team-chat)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Played Titanfall for the first time, at DaTS's place today.
Friggin awesome! It's got a good flow, there's tons of mobility, and the maps are very free & explorable. What I means is, not many permalocked doors & blacked-out windows like many other games tend to do (erm, Call of Duty). Caters well to the urban warfare feeling.
First time on, I felt like a rookie, but I didn't get shat on by the other players, like often games tend to do. By the end of the day I adapted to the style pretty well I think.

Dats got physical for me, just the way I like it.

The Team Black Index

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the discs too. Saving $25 was better than buying on Origin. #Tongue

Steam

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop fraternizing Sir.

And yeah, that's what I went ahead and did too. Well, at first. I bought it for my laptop but it ended up shitting itself, so for the time being I'm limited to playing it on my Xbox.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha he's not Active anymore, unlike you Corporal #Tongue
Now get down and smoke yourself until I get tired

The Team Black Index

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I apologize sir. And, if I may, if you're going to try and correct me, please address me by my proper rank. #Tongue

And aye-aye boot.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It wasn't necessarily a correction, I just told you to smoke yourself Laughing

..Lance..

The Team Black Index

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YEAH, CHUCK NORRIS REPRESENTIN'

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just some generic gameplay where I decided to go to town and lay down the hurt. You guys need to hop on with us, for real.

Best watched in HD

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum