Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Graion's art project
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [98 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:  Graion's art project
Subject description: Not like if I have time for plenty of progress, but yea, I am doing stuff as well
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because I'm a bit bored and I was planning to do this for months now. So I did.

I used Daz's 3ds2vxl conversion as a skeleton for this to get done.

It'll be in AS ofcourse, as stolentech according to my current plans.

infr_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  728.81 KB
 Viewed:  16326 Time(s)

infr_000.gif

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
B.A.Znd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More details are needed IMO
I guest it will be too bright Ingame unless you use special vpl.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turret needs to be moved more to the back if you want to replicate the Generals Inferno Cannon.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you move the turret back via HVA or voxel bounds, turret spinning won't be correct, and shot was made in VXL Viewer.

Ultimately ingame shows it's too big atm. D:

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wait a minute. am i seeing this correctly? is Graion Dilach using a 3d application? #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it's called as OS Voxel Viewer. #Tongue

As I stated in the first post, I used Daz's conversion as source asset available here, duh.

=======================

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice, you started an art thread too #Tongue, on the voxel however, you might want to do something to those little dark lines one the sides and back... like maybe putting them one pixel into the voxel

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently, when I started to make (trying to make) voxels my self I realized that no matter how good it looks in the viewer, if it looks bad ingame it is not finished.

I like it! Approved
It somehow reminds me when the germans putted the Flak 88mm gun on a tank.  Very Happy

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Yes, it's called as OS Voxel Viewer. #Tongue

As I stated in the first post, I used Daz's conversion as source asset available here, duh.

my bad then. i thought you finally came over your 3D phobia and launched 3ds max to convert this. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also, why were people complaining about the amount of wheels on my second voxel (it was crap though) when you have a ton... it just confuses me #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're not much into engineering, are you?

Your voxel with the small wheels were funky because those small wheels could not have an axis, while this setup is much more closer to usual approach (only the wheels at the edge should be bigger, because in most similar approaches those were connected to the engine).

=======================

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has three types of wheels (road, drive/idle & return) laid out in a pattern which has been used on nearly every AFV made in the last 50 years. Yours had five different types laid out in a rather random fashion :/ To avoid confusion in the future I'd suggest actually researching tank designs & how they work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welp, time to go and read about tanks and treads and stuff... TO WIKIPEDIA

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks nice

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's awful, lacks detail, it's blurry, very unrealistic, barrel is too long and big... -10/10

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the Vanilla Voxels weren't bad?

Also...

I'm gonna wait till Mig Eater posts here the pic of that "Vehicle with the Worlds Biggest Cannon"

B.A.Znd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Vehicle with the Worlds Biggest Cannon"?
Gustaf?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't call the Gustaf a vehicle. The Oka while has a smaller caliber, comes into my mind moreso in this case.

=======================

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow!! That looks great Graion!! I'm guessing this kind of conversion was also done in Project Phantom ehh? I've always wanted to have such kind of outcome like that also.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Mig Eater on Mon May 12, 2014 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You voxelized that thing? Mein Gott!

In the meanwhile, I think I'll soon (read: this weekend if not earlier) gonna start a new voxel from scratch, which'll probably end up getting released.

=======================

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gustav looks like SHP. Selfshadowing (barrel on chassis) isn't a voxel feature.
But the D-Day stuff looks awesome anyway. Amazing what amount of work went into this mod.

What i was always wondering, how does the Schwerer Gustav aim?
It has no turret (if i'm not mistaken) and having the train tracks face correctly towards the target is very questionable.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fear we are going off topic... Gustav was a siege weapon designed to attack large forts/towns & wasn't able to target specific objects. But yes there aren't tracks everywhere, so during the Siege of Sevastopol the Germans actually built a new rail line just put the Gustav in the correct position.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No worries, it reminded me that so far I've shown my retexture of mevitar's Hydra Cannon on a single screenshot alone.

Which was indeed helpful because turned out, it used crimson colors somewhere it still uses some crimson colors at the ammo belts, (fixed, cba to redo 360 anim) due to changing brown1 to crimson was quite much a last minute addition.

So yea, let's get back to topic, meet the GD-improved Hydra!

hydra_001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  671.38 KB
 Viewed:  15770 Time(s)

hydra_001.gif

=======================

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tan/yellow you are using is interesting how does it look ingame?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with the vanilla vpl the texture could turn out very bright, but i guess you use a custom one

Are those big gattling guns on the front or some kind of flamethrower?

The road wheels on the tracks could use something which holds them. Right now they look like they are floating inside the tracks.

Public SHPs

Tools

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be exact, I am using a vpl based upon Gangster's TS-alike vpl gradients with a unittem optimized along with it.

Such were needed to afford the diverged colors of my voxels. I have 7 schemes which looks completely different (green-brown-purple-gold-blue-orange-crimson) and I'm damn proud of it. ^^

What tan-yellow tho?

=======================

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean the base/main colour.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There you go.

hydra.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.29 KB
 Viewed:  15706 Time(s)

hydra.png

=======================

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excellent lighting. Too bad it's still suffering from a brighter side than top.
But much better than vanilla RA2 voxel lighting.

Public SHPs

Tools

B.A.Znd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope one day someone can make the top of the vxl brighter than the side,Then my AMX ELC won't looks that much suck...

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to make the top layer manually brighter if want that... Painting whole tank with same shades will not work and I've vouched for years that people should paint top separately than wait for magic fix.

VPL can not fix it to be even lighting as coordinates to use right VPL sections in game executable are wrong to top layer normals...

Nobody understands the link however between executable normals linking to VPL sections so moot point.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GD, what kind of normalizer are you using? Cubed?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
You have to make the top layer manually brighter if want that... Painting whole tank with same shades will not work and I've vouched for years that people should paint top separately than wait for magic fix.

I was also expecting someone to finally do this.
But i guess then people will complain that the top gets too bright when the tanks tilts by slopes or rocker weapons.

Public SHPs

Tools

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:

Eyup. Smooth Level 15, Conrast Level 5 when I consider the voxel final.

=======================

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Zero18 wrote:

Eyup. Smooth Level 15, Conrast Level 5 when I consider the voxel final.

No wonder why I put contrast level 2 on most of my voxels. >.> That's why it looks so dark.

Anyway, nice job on that voxel. It looks very nice.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

chevyzr1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  554.82 KB
 Viewed:  14658 Time(s)

chevyzr1.gif

=======================

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion. If your planning on sharing these cars. I can at least use these for civilians. Very Happy

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some I will, some I won't. There'll be more where these came from. For the record, I started collecting Matchboxes/Hot Wheels in late July (currently I have ~35 cars) and most of them were bought with the intention to voxel them later.

=======================

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you like voxels of matchboxes do ya...

matches_3d.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1020.54 KB
 Viewed:  14596 Time(s)

matches_3d.gif

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing I demand a like button.

=======================

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warhead=Fire?

Public SHPs

Tools

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

A variant will get released later - if someone actually tells what makes this one special. Laughing

=======================

Last edited by Graion Dilach on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
if someone actually tells what makes this one special. Laughing

you voxeled Mr. Bean inside.

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You forgot the important part!

Nice work on these voxels by the way, they're nice and solid.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's actually done - just not shown - otherwise it would have been too easy. #Tongue

But youknowwhat - here's a preview of that as well. Laughing

=======================

Last edited by Graion Dilach on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am so happy right now.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To me it looks like he's holding an oversized golf club #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too small for detailing sadly - but I'm so gonna use it as TRUCKA -> TRUCKB ambient map scripts. Laughing

=======================

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think we've got ourselves the best RA2 voxel in history here Laughing

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon