Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[YR] Factories [still in progress]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject:  [YR] Factories [still in progress]
Subject description: you must be soviets
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In this map u must destroy 7 Factories [ which they are pshycic amplfier's ]

once the allies buildings around the factories are destroyed u relise that defense towers we build instead , if u want to stop them destroy the pshycic beacon , on the corner of the map , near yuri's barracks

hope u like map Rolling Eyes   , its not done yet , i have a problem if u guys can help me ,
download the map
u see in final alert 2 yuri revenge theres allies enemy , in the non revealed place at left , i dont know what numbers should i put in resize player view [left - right - bottom - top]

this is the new stage that im stuck at [once all amplifiers are destroyed i want it to resize the view to the other building]

sov01umd.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  sov01umd.map
 Filesize:  331.54 KB
 Downloaded:  43 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the map is not finished, then it must be posted at the Mapping Discussion than Map Archive.

[Moved]

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oooh for god sake , ok ok fine it has been moved but

i want some1 to help me ! -.- come on :S in resize the freaking view!

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it says in the rules of the Map Archive forum that they need to be finished maps Rolling Eyes

http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Actions_(maps)/RA2YR/000_049

Just put in the new size of the map view, for example: your map view is only 20x20 to start, but you want it to be 80x80 out of a 90x90 map, you would put 0=5,1=5,2=80,3=80. It's pretty simple.

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

plz be more clear , what number should i put in [ left - right - top - bottom ]

EDIT : plz open the map , i want only the left side to be viewed to the communication center building

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the risk of sounding like a grade-school teacher, You don't learn things by just getting all the answers, you learn by doing, so you should try out what numbers do what, ex. L=2, R=4, T=29, B=88 and see what comes out. See how much of the map is revealed. The values are literally the same as the [Map] values, just split up into different pieces.

Instant Gratification is this generation's downward spiral -_-

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hold on hold on! u think i didnt try to change the maps sides? u think?
i tried like 200 times , i kept leaving red alert and going in and leaving .
i have no clues , no directions on where to put numbers or how much

and i want to bet you didnt even download the map , and saw where is the communication center is ,to make the map resize its view to it

if u didnt give me them , then plz i hope some1 els does

plz tell me what should i put! #Mad  #Mad  #Mad  #Mad  #Mad

1 day has passed talking with you :S!!!!! 4star O.O
i want to finish it!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well...ok, it's nothing from another world, but i think i see in what you did wrong when you resize the map, soo here's something that if it doesn't work, will give you a nice help:

Soo:

-action #40: resize map
*Parameters
--Bottom: Basically the height of the map in your case, where the bottom line is located.
--Left: Same but with left line, should be 0 for your case, and this is the value you are having trouble with.
--Right:  right line of the map, should be the width of your map.
--Top: Top line of the map, where it should be located, values like 3 or 4 are recommended.

Keep in mind, TOP and BOTTOM you count the numbers of cells starting from the TOP, until BOTTOM, that's why top is usually 0 and Bottom the height, same with LEFT and RIGHT, you start to count the cells from 0, until the width of the map.

Basically in your case, you should use something like:

Top: 2.
Left: 0 (after resize).
Bottom: Height of the map(or something around it).
Right: Width of the map (or something around it).

Well, that pretty much sums it up, I don't think I mistook anything  Very Happy I'm pretty sure it will work if you follow this.

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the help shadow hunter , but i just dont get all the sides
can u give me sides numbers [To the communication center]

im really tired Sad

trust me when u give them ill try to learn , ill change the numbers in a copy version and see what happens

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How are those sides not clear?

Left = cells from the left
Top = cells from the top
Right = width - cells from the right
Bottom = height - cells from the bottom

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooh god just give me the number  Crying or Very sad

i swear to god i will LEARN!!!!!! wi0tr9wut093wtu89q34ctk3490tk8q-230i4w3-68l-t34kq-0348-03j840q349t673k8349068439 IM TIRED! OF KEEPING ON TESTING!!!!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bet it must be hard to do things for yourself for the first time, and not your parents doing everything.

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just want someone to help me , and tell me what should i put in left - buttom - right - top until it reach to communication center on my map :/

TIME IS RUNNING :'(

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about you download finished maps and learn from them how to use it?

DerxwnaKapsyla
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sure hope that time is running on Duncan Donuts

What you need to understand is, nobody here is going to give you the answer to what you want. They aren't in the wrong for it. There's only one way to do what you want to do, and that's by figuring it out. "Throw yourself in the deep end of the pool and learn to swim, or sink trying to do so" is how the old idiom goes if I believe? If you can't even figure out how to make a rather simple Map Expansion/Contraction Trigger, or aren't willing to experiment to figure it out, how do you intend to do the more complicated things? Like, for example, creating Victory Triggers. If you can't handle the experimentation, then perhaps you may need to rethink your decisions and stop working on this project.

Although, I will give you a friendly tip, from one fledgling mapper to another - You don't need to close Red Alert 2 every time you revise the map. The map is loaded upon loading the mission/skirmish, not upon loading the game. In fact, for a Mission, all you have to do is press "Restart Mission". Make use of this, and the engine becomes your friend.

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
What you need to understand is, nobody here is going to give you the answer to what you want. They aren't in the wrong for it. There's only one way to do what you want to do, and that's by figuring it out. "Throw yourself in the deep end of the pool and learn to swim, or sink trying to do so" is how the old idiom goes if I believe? If you can't even figure out how to make a rather simple Map Expansion/Contraction Trigger, or aren't willing to experiment to figure it out, how do you intend to do the more complicated things? Like, for example, creating Victory Triggers. If you can't handle the experimentation, then perhaps you may need to rethink your decisions and stop working on this project.

u joking right O.O?

Quote:
Although, I will give you a friendly tip, from one fledgling mapper to another - You don't need to close Red Alert 2 every time you revise the map. The map is loaded upon loading the mission/skirmish, not upon loading the game. In fact, for a Mission, all you have to do is press "Restart Mission". Make use of this, and the engine becomes your friend.

thanks for the tip

EDIT:!!!!!!! WHAT WILL YOU LOSE IF U TOLD ME?!?!?! WHAT!?!!?!?!? COME ON I ASKED HERE TO GET A ANSWER :S i TOOKED TIME CREATING THAT MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PREVIOUS MAPS!!  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  #Mad  #Mad  #Mad  #Mad  #Mad  #Mad  #Mad  #Mad  #evil  #evil  #evil  #evil

DerxwnaKapsyla
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Step 1: Stop yelling.
Step 2: Stop yelling and spamming emoticons.
Step 3: Look at this thread and think "Maybe there's a reason nobody wants to help me"
Step 4: Realize that nobody wants to help you do something as simple as Map Expansion/Contraction because it is exactly that - simple. It's one of the most simple things in the book.

I said it once nicely, I'm going to say it as blunt as I can to get it through your head: If you can't figure out how to do something as bare-basic simple as this, stop right now. Everyone has already expressed that they do not intend to hold your hand through this, and that is a unanimous resounding opinion. If you really want to get it done, figure out what the values do yourself, like every other mapper has. That, or find some poor sap to do your dirty work for you while you sit back and continue to act like an entitled child demanding everything like a slave-driver.

Rule 1 of life: You want something done right, do it yourself.

Tobi
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
find some poor sap to do your dirty work for you while you sit back and continue to act like an entitled child demanding everything like a slave-driver.

holy shit? Surprised what are u talking about? what did i ask for? i only asked for resize view numbers , how much time would it take from u? O.O

poor sap do my dirty work? - i sit back and continue act like an entitled child o.0? demanding everything like a slave? WTF?? seriously? Surprised

nevermind , thanks for all your time everyone
ill try to find out

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

new zlixine/phillipzu is here :3

DexterBell
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow......

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^this

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon