Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
North Carolina Badlands (TW Reinvisioning?)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DerxwnaKapsyla
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject:  North Carolina Badlands (TW Reinvisioning?)
Subject description: An attempt to get better at mapping, as well as a recreation of GDI01 from Wars
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, I felt like doing some map work yesterday due to boredom (The map ended up eating my entire day - 10-12 hours of work non-stop!), and I wanted to take on a challenge to try and get better at mapping by applying what I've been informed by the community (don't use the cliff drawing tool in specific) to practice and seeing how it came out. My attempt at recreation was the first GDI Mission from Tib Wars, the one located at the North Carolina Badlands. Unfortunately, I do not have a reference image I can show off, because I couldn't find one to base the map off of, so I used several images I took in-game as a reference I can provide a minimap shot though:

Tha map isn't a perfect recreation of course, Wars was isometric(???) and everything was bound to whatever direction it wanted to be in, and their "cliffs" were mountains and hard to recreate. So while I tried to keep it as close as possible, I made it my own at the same time and threw in my own touches.
http://i.imgur.com/LAAgQFO.jpg
I also added bases there to signify the GDI/Nod positions in the area, but needed to fill some space so the bases are rather large. Also, the little civilian settlement to the west of the GDI/Allied base, there's supposed to be a Minimal between the cop car and the billboard, but the map renderer didn't show it because the Minimall doesn't show in the Desert theater.
I would really appreciate feedback on this as I tried really hard on this map, and it's probably the map I'm most proud of right now. I'd love to know what I did wrong and how I can get better.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The terrain looks rather... plain. Vary the texture more, and perhaps add some hills.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon