Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
Airplane weapon buttons cannot toggle during flight
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
BigBad
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject:  Airplane weapon buttons cannot toggle during flight
Subject description: Not quite the same as a just multiple weapons
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've given up on a multirole fighter having different air-to-air and air-to-ground payloads, at least for now.  I have in fact found that the AIM-9 Sidewinder missile has been played around with in an air-to-ground role, so in a realistic-fictional world, it is reasonable for my F-22 to have missiles that are good against air and ground targets.

What I want now is a little bit different, but still related to the idea of an airplane being able to carry various weapons.  I haven't tried this, but I think I can get a plane to have two different payloads, perhaps one with JDAM and another with anti-tank missiles.  I think that linking the reload times should force the plane to return to base when it has launched either payload, and I can get buttons to toggle between the two kinds of strikes.  

This would triple my aircraft options, so if this does work as I expect it to, I'll be pretty happy.  However, my goal is to be able to send up a plane with just one type of payload, not with every possible weapon that it can carry!  Thus, I want the button toggle to lock when the plane is flying so that I have to choose the strike type before I send the plane to attack.  Is there a way to lock the buttons while the plane is flying?

Edit: The reload time link didn't even work!  In fact, my plane didn't even gain experience when it definitely should have!  GRRRRR!!!!

Edit 2: Going back to my thread on the strike fighter, I found this quote.  

The-Light wrote:
However with that in mind you could try and use a commandset upgrade to switch weaponsets so your fighter/bomber switches loadout only on the ground, this way no more bombs equals out of ammo and plane will return home.

Before, I wanted to toggle between air-to-air and air-to-ground loatouts, but since now I just want two different styles for air-to-ground, what The Light suggested is exactly what I'm trying to do, though I do not see how I would code the suggestion.

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The GLA worker has a commandset switching function, if you combine that with 2 weaponsets(Scorpion, Comanche, Ranger) with this:
Code:

Behavior = WeaponSetUpgrade ModuleTag_81
    TriggeredBy = <triggering_upgrade>
  End

then switching commandsets should also switch weaponsets.

I'd have to add though that i'm not 100% sure whether switching back to the default commandset will also switch the weaponset back.

BigBad
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just saw this as I was going to bed.  Broadly, what would be the "<triggering_upgrade>"?  I've gotten an upgrade to work to get a unit to have new weapons like the Ranger gets the grenades, so I know how to work with upgrades, at least simple upgrades.  What does that have to do with being airborne and locking the commandset, though?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon