Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am
All times are UTC + 0
Looking for patched/fixed/tuned version of Final Sun!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
drunkenstein
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject:  Looking for patched/fixed/tuned version of Final Sun! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, everybody!

I used to play around with Tiberian Sun and Final Sun back in the day when I was a lot younger. I had a lot of fun designing my own missions, and I would like to try that again.

Browsing this forum a while, I found this topic: Mapping Tools

However, some of the links there are dead, and after lazy attempt to google those things one by one, I thought I'd ask you guys if you could share your fixed/patched version of Final Sun? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just extract the content of the zip file to an empty directory; I believe it contains all fixes that were released (unless I missed something).

There's also a (unreleased) fix by CCHyper to FinalSun.exe that allows it to read the TS install path from FinalSun.ini and ignore the registry (normally FinalSun will only read read the install path from the registry and ignore the entry in FinalSun.ini, which can be quite inconvenient when you have multiple instances of TS installed).

FinalSun.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FinalSun.zip
 Filesize:  1.7 MB
 Downloaded:  115 Time(s)

FinalSun.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FinalSun.zip
 Filesize:  1.7 MB
 Downloaded:  68 Time(s)

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:52 am; edited 3 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all links are dead in the mapping tools topic and the tibweb topic points to the same ones.
There should be a new topic made with a single zip with
-complete finalsun
-finalsun fixed to ignore registry
-latest marble madness set included
-all other fixes applied

\Edit
oh, you uploaded the zip later. was replying when it didn't exist yet. forget what i said.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I initially only uploaded the necessary files for the fixes, but after posting I noticed that there was no valid download link for Final Sun in that topic either and there also wasn't one available at wagnerma.de anymore, so I added the rest of Final Sun's files to the zip file and re-uploaded it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
There's also a (unreleased) fix by CCHyper to FinalSun.exe that allows it to read the TS install path from FinalSun.ini and ignore the registry (normally FinalSun will only read read the install path from the registry and ignore the entry in FinalSun.ini, which can be quite inconvenient when you have multiple instances of TS installed).

could really need this. with free ts its really inconvinient to set the exe directory every damn time and disable the beginner mode.

drunkenstein
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a lot, guys!

Bittah Commander: I downloaded and ran the version you posted, but I could not get Terrain objects -> Paint random trees working (there are no trees to choose from). Is it supposed to be fixed on this version of FS?

I am running FS through wine on Linux and so far it seems to be working pretty well.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In FSData.ini, map action 53, 54 is for enable/disable trigger. So attaching the FSData.ini and tips.eng
from the Mapping Tools thread (should contain the paint tree fix also)

Fixes.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Fixes.zip
 Filesize:  13.68 KB
 Downloaded:  42 Time(s)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I replaced the FSData.ini and tips.eng files with yours and re-uploaded the FinalSun.zip package in my first post.

drunkenstein
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet times!

Since you guys are so quickly to reply here, I have a question for ya:

Is there a recent and detailed documentation for FS available? Yes, I have checked the provided built in manual and I also checked this forum's FS tutorials (they are very helpful, thanks!)
For example, is there a documentation for the Team/Teamtypes window's checkboxes (Loadable, Full, Droppod, etc...)? I was trying to create a simple trigger to move one of my own units to a waypoint, but the trigger created completely new unit instead of using existing one. Well, I was finally able to get it to work by unchecking all of the boxes Smile

edit: Actually it seems the movement trigger does not work anymore (it creates new unit on top of the existing one)
edit2: Oops, I was using reinforcement team instead of create team. Seems like the best source of information is the official firestorm map files Smile

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For map elements reference:
http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Category:Maps_Sections

For Marble Madness tiles:
Place snow.ini and temperat.ini in TS game folder while map editing. INIs are in FinalSun.zip in
this thread. Marble.mix file also has it inside. Ctrl+f can also be used for frame mode in FinalSun.

For sound, speech, music indices - use already mentioned Mapping Tools thread.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's no need to place any of the files in FinalSun.zip in the TS game dir; Final Sun will just read them from its own directory, where they are already.
drunkenstein wrote:
Seems like the best source of information is the official firestorm map files Smile

That's indeed the quickest and most effective way to learn how to use triggers, teams and so on.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalSun takes the temperat.ini from the game folder, TS temperat.ini by default doesn't show
the MM tiles for say FS crystal cliffs, while the provided ones have entries for them.

readmemarble.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  readmemarble.zip
 Filesize:  3.54 KB
 Downloaded:  36 Time(s)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems you're right, my bad (I assumed Final Sun did read the temperat.ini and snow.ini files from its own directory since Framework Mode worked without moving those to the main directory; I didn't realize these were only necessary for making a few additional MM tile sets work). Final Sun does read marble.mix from its own directory in any case.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To clarify:
All files that belong to the game are read from the game's directory.
The rest goes in the editor's directory. Some say stuff inside marble.mix overwrites stuff loaded from the game's directory, but I'm not sure about that.

As a sidenote, I want to discourage everyone to put effort in FinalSun, this summer packs a nice surprise for a lot of people.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't say we're particularly putting a whole lot of effort in Final Sun right now; I just uploaded the files I already had on my hard drive and added the additional fixes from E1 Elite as well.

Concerning marble.mix; it actually doesn't overwrite anything that's loaded from the game's directory or mix files (I tested this with terrain and SHPs before).

Danvern
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Links for FinalSun are dead, first one is a corrupt zip, second gives a file not found error.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attached it.

FinalSun101.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FinalSun101.rar
 Filesize:  1.22 MB
 Downloaded:  85 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to point out, the graveyardwebsite of PPM has been hosting FinalSun for ages. Just check the Tiberian Sun section -> Starting Tools.

Also, check the Editing Tools section for stuff like TMP editors, among others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon