Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Delay firing for shp vehicle unit?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject:  Delay firing for shp vehicle unit?
Subject description: delayed firing logic does not work for vehicle in RA/YR?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I have downloaded a shp walker and can't figure out how to code delay fire.

It have the following code in artmd.ini:

StartWalkFrame=8
StartWalkingFrame=8
WalkFrames=10
StartFiringFrame=89
FiringFrames=30
StartStandFrame=0
StartStandingFrame=0
StandingFrames=1
Facings=8
IsAnimDelayedFire=yes
DelayedFireDelay=30

the bold line is the tag that I added, it only works for building right?
Sad

and the weapon code:

[LargeApertureLaser]
Damage=800
ROF=200
Range=14
MinimumRange=3
Projectile=InvisibleLow
Speed=100
Report=MegaLaser
Warhead=Electric
Bright=yes
LaserDuration=50
IsLaser=true      
IsHouseColor=true
IsBigLaser=yes
LaserSize=3

it have more than 10 firing frame and the actual firing frame is like.. at 97.. easiest way to explain, I want it to fire like a prism tower, or obelisk of light (charges=yes).

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

use gattling

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
use gattling

Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
use gattling

aaa... how do I make use of the gattling logic? assume that weapon1 have to be some sort of dummy weapon? is it like weapon1 manipulates the walker to lift its arm and went through a "dummy" weapon1 but weapon2 is the actual "real weapon".

Maybe I don't get this Laughing

Weapon1=
EliteWeapon1=
Weapon2=
EliteWeapon2=
Weapon3=
EliteWeapon3=
Weapon4=
EliteWeapon4=
Weapon5=
EliteWeapon5=
Weapon6=
EliteWeapon6=
WeaponStages=3
Stage1=50
Stage2=100
Stage3=150
EliteStage1=50
EliteStage2=100
EliteStage3=150

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Set the weapon 1 to be a dummy weapon and set the Stage1 and EliteStage1 tags to be the delay u want, then set all other weapons to be the real ones.
Mka esure that the dummy weapon has the same properties as the real one but doesn't have any animations/projectiles nor deliveres any damage.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would the firing anim also resets when your unit fire weapon 2?

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at the gatling tower.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think this works as gatling system basicly repeatedly fires the weapon and every time it does it, it will restart the firing frame anim when you rather want it keep playing the firing anim for the delay.

Sure it can delay actual weapon firing but anim is screwed anyhow. Unless idea is to make each stage so slow that the firing anim plays fully thru and 2nd shot fires true weapon but even so, not too great.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah. my bad.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is very difficult to get it work the way I wanted it to. Confused

After one hour of messing around with the tag, countless attempts and IE, I gave up Laughing

It is either not firing the second (real) weapon, or ignored the delay value and fire right away.

Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
ah. my bad.

Damn Surprised

I didn't realize that it was your Redeemer that I am messing with! Laughing Laughing

That's some real impressive work bro. I've spend like 3 hours trying to time the laser in it's firing frame, it's somewhere between 96 to 107.. it would be really hard not to have your redeemer in the game  Laughing

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't there an Ares tag that makes the gatling cycle keept running? Or you could put just really big values on the real weapons' stages so they last for a long time.

Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I couldn't make the firing delay, it's either fire right away or did not fire at all. The stage2 value has been as high as 1000 to 2000...

I don't have Ares expansion at the moment.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need ARES

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why you are still messing with the inis. delete a few frames will do.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a dummy spawner could work
-the unit fires the weapon and spawns something like an invisible aircraft carrier hornet
-give the hornet speed=0 so it can't move away and stays at the right position
-give the hornet the true weapon and a high enough ROF so it delays the shot
-make the hornet weapon a suicide weapon so it kills the invisible hornet via the muzzle flash anim

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An invisible flying self-destructing gun? Wow.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then use Splits instead, with PreImpactAnim on first warhead to sync together. Less hassle imo. Not to mention, spawners are omnifire and turret-independant.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Bugjuice
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
why you are still messing with the inis. delete a few frames will do.

Being there done that, didn't quite like the outcome, deleted 89-95...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon