Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Soviet campaign bugs/mistakes
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject:  Soviet campaign bugs/mistakes Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

I've try the new campaign with the soviet, it's fun to play until the mission 5 with the submarines, this mission is just horrible because of the submarines don't auto-attack (like stealth tank) nod's reinforcement, GDI has been defeat too easily and the NOD destroyer can kill a small pack of submarines with his splash damage. I take a break with this campaign when i see the mission 6 and was attack and lost 2 positions in 1 minute of play.

Anyway, i've see some bugs or mistakes :

Mission 1 :
- The civilian buildings are neutral except for one

Mission 2 :
- Captured helipad or the hand of nod don't allow to build/train nod units (but if you build the hand of nod with the captured construction yard, you can train infantry, and the helipad can't be build) and because we can't capture airstrip i can't see if it's the same for him.

Mission 3 :
-No bug or mistake for this map, just something "fun" with the construction available when i capture the construction yard

Mission 5 :
- I don't know why, my third sub pen don't repair my submarines

- My sub pen repair enemy naval units ! XD

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Soviet campaign bugs/mistakes Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
I've try the new campaign with the soviet, it's fun to play until the mission 5 with the submarines, this mission is just horrible because of the submarines don't auto-attack (like stealth tank) nod's reinforcement, GDI has been defeat too easily and the NOD destroyer can kill a small pack of submarines with his splash damage.

While submarines are very fragile, they do a lot of damage, so you just need to spread them out a bit to avoid multiple ones of them to get destroyed or damaged at once.
Cloaked units don't automatically attack enemy units that come in range to prevent them from unintentionally revealing themselves. If you want submarines (or other cloaked units) to automatically attack enemy units that come near it, you need to put it in Area Guard mode; you can do this by simply pressing G on your keyboard.
Sombracier wrote:
Mission 1 :
- The civilian buildings are neutral except for one

Thanks for pointing it out; it'll be fixed in the next version.
Sombracier wrote:
Mission 2 :
- Captured helipad or the hand of nod don't allow to build/train nod units (but if you build the hand of nod with the captured construction yard, you can train infantry, and the helipad can't be build) and because we can't capture airstrip i can't see if it's the same for him.

We're aware of this issue, but it can't be helped. You can still produce Light Infantry and Engineers from it however.
Sombracier wrote:
Mission 3 :
-No bug or mistake for this map, just something "fun" with the construction available when i capture the construction yard

The reason you're able to instantly build the Obelisk is because you already captured a Research Facility before capturing the Nod Construction Yard.
Sombracier wrote:
Mission 5 :
- I don't know why, my third sub pen don't repair my submarines

Naval Yards can only repair ships that are above it; this unfortunately can't be helped.
Sombracier wrote:
- My sub pen repair enemy naval units ! XD

This also can't be helped.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Tiberianguy
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, the third mission from the Soviet campaign is somehow strange to me...

Why a Soviet engineer cannot capture some buidlings? These uncaptureable buildings were enemy power plants if my memory serves me well.

Kinda strange.

I always like to capture enemy structures, because I can build my buildigs near them.  

Also, too bad that captured helipads do not allow you to produce hinds/choppers. Rolling Eyes

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Why a Soviet engineer cannot capture some buidlings? These uncaptureable buildings were enemy power plants if my memory serves me well.

TS engine limitations. To put it shortly, we had to make some structures uncapturable in order to make 4 sides work properly.
Quote:
Also, too bad that captured helipads do not allow you to produce hinds/choppers.

This should be fixable.

Tiberianguy
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
engine limitations.  

May you explain this problem to the noob like me ?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
To put it shortly, we had to make some structures uncapturable in order to make 4 sides work properly.

The Tiberian Sun engine was originally designed and programmed with only 2 sides in mind, so for 4 sides to work properly we had to make some sacrifices.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum