Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
German PPM Members
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [59 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:  German PPM Members
Subject description: Otherwise known as "The Beer Discussion"
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I may have to immigrate to your wonderful country. I've recently just come back home from Köln for Amphi Festival, which was amazing and all, but most importantly, I found five litre kegs of Bier for €3.99, heaven truly is a place on Earth. That is all.

Last edited by Aro on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How much do they cost in Birmingham?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as i said, if you're going to mera  luna you can stay over at my place #Tongue

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Next year maybe, depends entirely on the upcoming line-ups. Very Happy

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
How much do they cost in Birmingham?

Average is around £15 for a 5 litre keg of Heineken for example.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moving to Germany for beer?

The English truly are insane. #Tongue Don't they have Lidl's and Aldi's in the UK?

Although, now I think about it... I don't think I've ever had cheaper vodka than vodka in Berlin.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Average is around £15 for a 5 litre keg of Heineken for example.

That's 19€ Surprised Damn, that price can make you abstinent. (or you get rich if you start a Beer transport company. Buy Kegs for 1.5€ by wholesale in germany and sell for 7€/5£ in UK. 1/3rd of average price and the customers run into your store)

Aldi doesn't has Kegs, and iirc Lidl doesn't as well.
Though i prefer crates anyway, as the single bottles don't get all stale if you don't finish them up right away.

Public SHPs

Tools

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

top one reason to immigrate:
Beer is far cheaper.

Very Happy

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aldi and Lidl are cheap, but the beer is crap and not that cheap.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Edeka has kegs, tho...i miss my hometown, the beer from my hometown was the best, flensburger pilsener.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bleh, beer. I hate that so many people has no taste and just drinks that piss like water.

Real men drink wine.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Bleh, beer. I hate that so many people has no taste and just drinks that piss like water.

That's just a matter of buying good quality beer. Razz

Graion Dilach wrote:
Real men drink wine.

You mean, real men drink Green Dragon...  Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Real men drink wine.

Not to say that I don't like wine, I actually enjoy it, I just prefer a good ol' beer.

Last edited by Aro on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't stand to even taste beer either, it's just impossible for me to drink but apparently there is a gene that does it. #Tongue

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Real men drink wine.

the fedora is strong with you Very Happy

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And what about those who don't drink any alcohol? #Tongue

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
+1

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Real men drink wine.

Monsiuerrrr, Grrraion, Dilach. On Frrran-CIAS? (I.E. u french?)

Anywho, most north american beer is basically chump piss, where as the bavarian purity lawed beers are as fucken fine as wine.

The following beers are fucken awesome, and you should worship them, or I will kill you slowly, with words:

^^ 5.5 percent alcohol BIATCH!!!! Makes me feel like a danish king...

^^ 5.2 percent alcohol. From Austria. Its what Arnold Schwarzenegger drank tah git hez MUSCLES!!!

RatsInTheWalls wrote:

Graion Dilach wrote:
Real men drink wine.

You mean, real men drink Green Dragon...  Wink

HOLY ztype thats awesome I have never heard of Green Dragon before now that I have I want it BAD, in fact I will KILL for it you all included gawd dayum gimme your green dragon or I'll UNLEASH THE IRISH VIKING MADNESS AND RAPE YOUR SOULS. ztype YEEEEEAH Im hammered right now, plus the time before, and the time before tha, and the time after - I. AM. MADE. of drugs.....

IMO alcohol is a drug so fucken A class partyin' wid sass. annnd...

ZAZZ

- - -

Dutchygamer wrote:

Well do you do any substances other than coffee or cigarettes?

Basically, if I ever see you I WILL force whiskey into you.

Its always fun watchin the newbs get drunk.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Real men drink wine.

And this is man who has taste!
I am with you, my favorite alcoholic drink aswell.
Which wine do you prefer, black or white?

Guys, we can speak of tastes as we wish, but here in my country, orthodox monasteries are making often their own wines which are kept in natural cold basements. Those are awesome. it speaks lot when church chose drink to make.

Banshee, I have question for you. Why did you move this to crap forum when nobody is insulting anyone here? You can move this to off topic rather than crap forum, people are just discussing about drinks. That is not rule offending.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did not move this topic to the crap forum. When I first saw it, it was already at the crap forum.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, I did not know that people can create threads here to disappear by time, I though only moved threads ends in crap forums (usually you do this when people are arguing Smile )

PPM Halloween Season 2021

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gosh, don't drink from those cheap kegs.
You must have REALLY horrible beer in the UK... #Crazy

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Monsiuerrrr, Grrraion, Dilach. On Frrran-CIAS? (I.E. u french?)

No. And French can't even make a good wine. Nice trying tho. #Tongue Tho damn sure this year good wine won't gonna happun anyway, considering this weather.

Haosis, rosé.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Banshee, I have question for you. Why did you move this to crap forum when nobody is insulting anyone here? You can move this to off topic rather than crap forum, people are just discussing about drinks. That is not rule offending

I posted it here in the first place, although people are taking the thread a bit more seriously than I imagined. Laughing

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs

Tools

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
Ah, I did not know that people can create threads here to disappear by time, I though only moved threads ends in crap forums (usually you do this when people are arguing Smile )

hah, I already created a couple of threads in the crapper - though one of them was later on moved to the Tib Sun research center XD

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even though I drink Skol which has 4.8% alcohol, I prefer it to more alcoholic beers that have cornmeal in their recipe (this is the magic in Skol). I won't have a headache, and I can drink many of them.

You can't buy small kegs in stores here, only big ones (30/50l) but you can buy six-packs (0.5 each). And a six-pack here is 2 euros. So, 3 liters. Therefore, one can buy 6 liters of beer with about 4 euros, which is more than what you have there, Aro #Tongue

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skol is one of the most sold (and worse) beers here. But, it's more expensive here than in your land.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

people who find beer disgusting generally are people who never really drank and appreciated beer in the first place.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Skol is one of the most sold (and worse) beers here. But, it's more expensive here than in your land.

Tell me about it. Skol and Brahma, the only 2 (affordable) brands you could get in Brazil, and both horrible. Laughing
At least the Brazilian cool them down to the freezing point, so you can't taste anything but ice. Very Happy

Public SHPs

Tools

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, there are several options here. The most afordable ones are indeed Skol, Brahma, Antarctica and Schin and their variations. These are cold beers and you'll certainly taste more ice than anything else. The cheap 'premium' ones (which aren't that much expensive) seem to be better: Itaipava, Bohemia, Devassa, Stella Artois, Therezópolis (which is becoming cheaper recently, although it is one of the most expensives). I do not drink alcoholic beverage, so I cannot talk about them from my own experience, but many friends and parents drink and they prefer these ones than ice. Except for Therezópolis, I think they sell nearly as much as Heineken and Budweiser here.

Anyway, brazilians always cool beers down to the freezing point, although there are people who prefer european beers exactly because you drink them in a harmer temperature.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah yeah, i remember we had Itaipava and Bohemia too. But i don't have many memories on them, so i guess that means that they weren't that bad.
From Antactica i only remember Guarana. Damn, i loved that stuff.
Acai+Guarana=the nectar of gods.

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ha. Skol and Brahma. Brahma was on promotion at my work because of the World cup and we didn't sell a single bottle.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guarana is really awesome. I drink that a lot, specially the one from Antartica and even the main competitor (Kuat, from Coca-Cola Company). It's something that I really miss when I'm away from Brazil.

Quote:
Brahma was on promotion at my work because of the World cup and we didn't sell a single bottle.

Why am I not surprised? Laughing

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here in Germany you can find Antarctica Guarana in some delicatessen shops and of course in Brazilian restaurants. But then only in small 0.33l cans and not these nice 2l bottles like in every Brazil supermarket.

I wasn't fond of Kuat. It tasted a lot more like gummy bears and was much sweeter than Antactica. Antarctica had a much more distinctive and refreshing taste.

Banshee wrote:
Quote:
Brahma was on promotion at my work because of the World cup and we didn't sell a single bottle.

Why am I not surprised? Laughing

Laughing

Public SHPs

Tools

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have 3l bottles of Antarctica Guarana in the supermarkets already.

Regarding Kuat, it's worse than Antarctica. In fact, I prefer Kuat Zero than the normal Kuat. It's kinda more ballanced. But Antarctica Zero sucks. The normal one is much better.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fun fact, there's a (I think Scottish) company that freezes beer, and thaws it, and freezes it, and thaws it, and  freezes it, and thaws it... etc, etc, etc, etc, and they scoop the water away with each thaw (because water is lighter than alcohol) and after numerous freezes and thaws, you end up with a beer that hits like vodka. Brewmeister Snake Venom...  67% alcohol or something.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the one I got for 3.99, I didn't question it's taste at the time on the grounds that I was just amazed by how ztyping cheap it was, I've got a pint of it now and it's AMAZING.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know it's good stuff when it's "Reinheitsgebot" approved.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Real men partake in mixed drinks. Have your beer while I have my rum or vodka. Damn kids. I swear. #Tongue

Steam

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like spirits. They just don't like me. :p

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vodka makes me vomit when i just smell it...uuhh bad memories.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's on average £28 to £32 in Australia for a 24 pack of beer, dunno how you guys would consider that...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:

u lolz, bro. Vodka iz da king. Actually, if I drink vodka clean and not mixed, it doesn't hit me at all.  Laughing

=======================

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Same.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
blubb wrote:

u lolz, bro. Vodka iz da king. Actually, if I drink vodka clean and not mixed, it doesn't hit me at all.  Laughing

Doesn't that make it kind of pointless? #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You might find drunk people funny, but I do not.

=======================

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Believe me, after working in a bar for 4 years, I have come to learn that there is nothing funny about drunk people, unless I know and like them, then it's amusing. Almost as amusing as the time you got wasted and came on here stating that buildings couldn't use Gatling logic. Very Happy

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Touché. I so hate you right now. -_-

=======================

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We've all been there. I got banned from TiberiumWeb 8-or-so years ago because of drunken posting.  Embarassed Which was amended after I apologized.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's not about getting drunk...well in the early party years it was, but now, i refuse to get over "maybe a little tipsy" ...if at all, i'm kinda abstinent to alcohol, except 1 or 2 beers just because it tasked good and it's the best while sitting at the coast with a few friends.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon