Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
AI Editor for RA2 and TS
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [186 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
DyordsTheBell
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally I found a perfect editor to create my own AI tactics without having manually typing it by scratch, thanks.

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally got off my lazy butt and updated the first post and repo with the updates that E1 Elite made (thanks!).

DyordsTheBell wrote:
Finally I found a perfect editor to create my own AI tactics without having manually typing it by scratch, thanks.

No problem Smile

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

Is it possible to add new ai scripts from the ares development as a user - i tried it within the config, it shows in the editor but shuts itself down upon trying to reopen it:

67=Enter Vehicles,NoTypes,Instructs the taskforce to enter the nearest vehicles.

"Error occured at ScriptType: xxxxxxx Please verify its format. Application will now close."

Edit: turns out you got to have no empty IndexNumbers, so if you want to add 67, 66 and 65 must be added first.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update version 2.0.4.0

Changes:
- Double click on boolean fields to toggle their values (Credits: Askeladd)
- AITrigger UI fields re-ordered for better readability (Credits: Askeladd)
- Script action types from config file is now parsed based on its ID instead of its array index
- YR config file updated with Ares script action additions of IDs from 65 to 70

Attaching the updated version and the source code changes over the current github version.

aieditv2_0_4_0.zip
 Description:
AIEdit v2.0.4.0

Download
 Filename:  aieditv2_0_4_0.zip
 Filesize:  235.27 KB
 Downloaded:  34 Time(s)

SrcChanges2040.zip
 Description:
Source code changes

Download
 Filename:  SrcChanges2040.zip
 Filesize:  9.98 KB
 Downloaded:  25 Time(s)

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for your update, much appreciated.  Exclamation

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed the "Number" value type is limited to 100. This is problematic, for example in a situation where I need to specify a team number greater than 100 (I need units to switch between teams, and I have well over 100 TeamTypes).

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I noticed the "Number" value type is limited to 100. This is problematic, for example in a situation where I need to specify a team number greater than 100 (I need units to switch between teams, and I have well over 100 TeamTypes).

That is silly...

Code:
AI Totals:
 Taskforces:315
 Scripts:206
 TeamTypes:517
 Triggers:807

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update version 2.0.4.1

Changes:
- Script action's UI number field's max value raised to 6-digits.

Attaching the updated version and the source code changes over the current github version.

aieditv2_0_4_1.zip
 Description:
AIEdit v2.0.4.1

Download
 Filename:  aieditv2_0_4_1.zip
 Filesize:  235.78 KB
 Downloaded:  29 Time(s)

SrcChanges2041.zip
 Description:
Source code changes

Download
 Filename:  SrcChanges2041.zip
 Filesize:  15.18 KB
 Downloaded:  18 Time(s)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the quick fix!

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I uploaded a new version (see first post) with some improvements to the UI that should make it easier to maintain an overview of your team- and triggertypes.

Quote:
Version 2.0.4.2:
- Added columns showing House, Max and Priority to Team Types tab.
- Added columns showing Side, Tech Level, Easy, Medium and Hard to Trigger Types tab.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. Adding columns in the left panel allows to sort those TeamTypes/AITriggers for comparison/analysis.

Some columns could be more useful than others for the users like IsBaseDefense on TeamType or Initial Weight on AITriggers. House on TeamType isn't useful in AI.ini as game would ignore it and use country/side from AITrigger for producing teams from factories. It is useful in SP maps like when recruiting pre-placed units from the map. People could still use it for sorting as vanilla TS has GDI/Nod for House, YR has <none> there.

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Nice. Adding columns in the left panel allows to sort those TeamTypes/AITriggers for comparison/analysis.

Some columns could be more useful than others for the users like IsBaseDefense on TeamType or Initial Weight on AITriggers. House on TeamType isn't useful in AI.ini as game would ignore it and use country/side from AITrigger for producing teams from factories. It is useful in SP maps like when recruiting pre-placed units from the map. People could still use it for sorting as vanilla TS has GDI/Nod for House, YR has <none> there.

Yes I added the House column for Teamtypes even though it is not assigned in the RA2 AI because I thought it can still be useful if you do assign it. If not, I can remove it again. Are there any other values that could be useful to be displayed in a column?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IsBaseDefense on TeamType and Initial Weight on AITriggers are useful. House on TeamType can be removed to save some real estate, it also seems to be drawn on top of ID which is underneath it.

Columns could be made swapable like to move to/from its vertical position. Those could have a minimum width or fixed width to start with so that user need not keep adjusting those. Just some thoughts if you get time.

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I updated to version 2.0.4.3 (download in first post):

Quote:
- Removed House column from TeamTypes tab as it is not all that useful.
- Added IsBaseDefense column to TeamTypes tab.
- Added Initial Weight column to TriggerTypes tab.
- Columns except for the Name column have fixed width.
- Increased screen real estate by broadening form width.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably my wordings were not clear on the column widths. What I meant was to give those some minimum width like of 3 characters. Now TechLevel shows 1... for 10 and the column is not adjustable.

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh I see. I do not have that problem on my machine but I suppose it depends on the font. Unfortunately the column widths are not set in terms of characters but in pixels. I'll widen the columns a bit.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most likely it is my 125% DPI setting that increases the font size and shows TechLevel 10 as 1.... Keeping the columns adjustable will allow support for bigger system fonts as well.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are great improvements. No longer do I need to add the difficulty and/or house prefix to the trigger/teamtype name #Tongue

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
These are great improvements. No longer do I need to add the difficulty and/or house prefix to the trigger/teamtype name #Tongue

That's what I was thinking too.

Updated to version 2.0.4.4 with more contributions by E1 Elite:
Quote:
- Re-arranged and text aligned for the sort columns.
- Added TeamType House column again.
- Fixed width for column's attributes removed.
- Default width of left panel columns made compatible with both 100% and 125% DPI scaling.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So how come there's no executable? I just downloaded a bunch of files from your link, but I have no idea what to do with them.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you downloaded the source code from the link provided from the first post. Go down in the post and download the attachment named aieditv2_0_4_4.zip (current version).

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If Task Force in ai.ini contains same units in team, selecting one will give "Unhandled Exception" message.
Having task force like this:
Code:
0=1,APC
1=5,E1
2=5,E1

(I'm just experimenting with AI handling multiple transports).
I know that editor tries to merge newly added units like this into already existing group of same units, but it would be maybe easier let it up the user to decide.

Or maybe something like subtle dark-red font for highlighting unusual parameters.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not clear to whether to combine those 2 seperate entries of the same unit into one when parsing the INI as that would be changing the INI. If it is not changed, it becomes inconsistent with the processing to increment/decrement the count of adding/deducting the unit if it exists and from which entry should it do. In the code it is in the place of common processing of both adding and editing etc.. Though valid, this case is an exception as it is not in the original INIs and doesn't happen through the AI editor.

From the game's perspective, having 2 seperate entiries for the same unit or having its count increased in a single entry makes no difference unless you are changing game.exe. For the load script action, if the count of infantry is less than the APC capacity, the script action won't finish. If it is same, the load process will complete. If the infantry count is more, then APC will be filled to its capacity and rest of the infantry will run along to execute the script actions.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A similar bug happens when having more troops in a transport than it is supposed to be able to carry in a spawned TaskForce in missions.
Code:
0=1,APC ;;suppose Passengers=10
1=5,E1
2=5,E1

in a spawned TaskForce results in RA2 crashing upon selecting the APC and in YR the PipScale vanishes until there's no more than Passengers= in the vehicle.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am aware about ingame effects, I was experimenting if there was way to have working multiple transports in same Task Force, such as:
Code:
0=2,APC
1=5,E1
2=5,E1

or

0=1,APC
1=5,E1
2=1,APC
3=5,E1
etc.

My point was that it isn't possible to edit Task Forces like these because of error.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update version 2.0.4.5

Changes:
- Support for same unit on multiple lines of TaskForce through config key SameUnitMultiEntry.

Note: Setting SameUnitMultiEntry to yes in [General] section of config file affects the TaskForce UI behaviour.
- Removes the unit dropdown ability to add to an existing unit entry when the same unit is selected in a different line/entry for a taskforce.
- Add/delete through +/- will operate on the first instance of the unit only even if it was selected from a different row.
- Setting SameUnitMultiEntry to no (default), will remove additional entries of same unit on UI click of those unit dropdowns.

Attaching the updated version. Source code.

aieditv2_0_4_5.7z
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  aieditv2_0_4_5.7z
 Filesize:  186.68 KB
 Downloaded:  55 Time(s)

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:
I am aware about ingame effects, I was experimenting if there was way to have working multiple transports in same Task Force, such as:
Code:
0=2,APC
1=5,E1
2=5,E1

or

0=1,APC
1=5,E1
2=1,APC
3=5,E1
etc.

My point was that it isn't possible to edit Task Forces like these because of error.

So, what is the result of your experiment? Is there a use case for having multiple entries of the same unit?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is not a regular case, so didn't feel like changing the UI to support this. But if ai.ini can have it and game supports it, AIEdit shouldn't be crashing on clicking that entry. As there is a trade-off on the current UI feature, had its support is pushed to the config file and is not enabled by default.

Having same unit on different lines would affect the production queuing when produced from the same factory. Like the sequence of production would be different for

0=1,E1
1=1,E3
2=1,E1

compared to

0=2,E1
1=1,E3

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just tried this - works well, and as expected.

I noticed one thing, though - script action 17 and 18 take numerical value from the scripttypes and teamtypes arrays respectively. Can this be made a dropdown list of the respective array?

In the current state, it makes it necessary to look up the details outside the editor.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What you are asking is a complex feature. Proper implementation would need content awareness, Uses feature is a step towards that. But currently it is limited. For say teamtypes, it checks for teamtypes references in AITriggertypes. Getting list from rules is one thing like buildingtypes or unittypes as those are not editable through this tool, but scripts and teamtypes can be deleted and added. Either the tool should prevent the user from deleting an entry that has references that could be in scripts/aitriggertypes etc. or on deletion, all the references in that types list should be processed and its references updated. New ID generation uses a starting value and finds the next empty slot while incrementing number, so it could get a past number that was deleted. Usage of sorting and C# dictionary object makes it more trickier while processing indices.

I looked into the code, there is partial implementation for showing the script/teamtype list by Askeladd but it is commented in the code, may be due to complexity.

It is not a bug that I can fix in a few minutes, so I will give it a pass.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update version 2.0.4.6

Changes:
- Default start index used in ID generation is now 02000000.
- Default start index for TS Firestorm is now 03000000. Available in config as StartIndexFS.
- Custom script action parameter dropdowns with ScriptParamTypes section.
- Script action detail updates and adds YR Phobos script actions.
- AI Guide updates.

aieditv2_0_4_6.7z
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  aieditv2_0_4_6.7z
 Filesize:  188.74 KB
 Downloaded:  66 Time(s)

wardeathfung

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I keep getting an unhandled exception error. I am guessing it's because I have some unrecognized characters, like chinese characters. I don't mind re-saving a second rules to get around this, but what encoding should I save it as?

"Input string was not in a correct format"

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Checked rules and ai with UTF-8 encoding with Chinese characters in name, ID, dropdown etc., AIEditor works fine. Vanilla game should be supporting only ANSI for these files.

Problem could happen like if a number is expected in say Cost= and a non number is found.

If you can't figure out, send me the rules, ai INI files and config file also if modified, by PM or zip and attach here..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance a tagged update version can be thrown up on the official AIEdit repo? Just came back to do some modding and google initially brought me to the legacy tagged version on the repo @ https://github.com/askeladdk/aiedit/releases/tag/v2.0.4.4

Great to see the tooling still being work and developed on!

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Depends on Askeladd, pull request is pending.

You can always come here and check this thread for latest. Current v2.0.4.6 is available few posts above.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update version 2.0.4.7

Changes:
- Corrections to script actions 56 and 57 (Chronoshift team).
- AITrigger Amount field's max limit raised.
- Improved parsing of Cost for technotypes.
- Updates to AI Guide.

aieditv2_0_4_7.7z
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  aieditv2_0_4_7.7z
 Filesize:  189.08 KB
 Downloaded:  70 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 4 [186 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum