Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am
All times are UTC + 0
Warning
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject:  Warning Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Warning a stupid kid which call himself ∅ÐеtrоyT→[RU]↓ is hacking moddb
and posting and uploading pervert SHIT and I mean shit in the mod accounts!
Everyone who has a mod site there should check it out for any manipulation,
because the admins of moddb didn't solve the problem just yet which means
that stupid little jerk is still active doing his evil thing Exclamation

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not exactly a mod announcement. It is an important information for our community, concerning their ModDB profiles. It should be posted in PPM Discussion Zone instead.

Anyway, I do not have a mod page there, but many of our hostees do have it. I hope it doesn't affect them, but honestly, I have not visited their profile yet to know if anything happened with them.

[Moved]

Last edited by Banshee on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry that I missed the right place, my bad!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you even prevent other people from uploading stuff on a ModDB mod page? I haven't seen such an option anywhere. Seems he's mostly attacking Generals mods though. But thanks for the warning.

EDIT: Just found out that the page founder has settings for those.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, it's at the bottom of the profile settings page. That's what you get if you leave the Media checkbox there ticked.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Odd. I know he's leader of one of the Generals to TW mods, and he can be a bit of an ass, but this?
Ah well, my mod's page was always locked down to other people's posting stuff.

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ergov! strikes again!

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Odd. I know he's leader of one of the Generals to TW mods, and he can be a bit of an ass, but this?
Ah well, my mod's page was always locked down to other people's posting stuff.

The 'hacker' in question clones the profile of another user (this includes adding the same profile image and profile photos), and then will attempt a number of disruptive actions that will potentially get blamed on the user whose profile has been cloned.

In the past (the person in question has been doing this for years), the 'hacker' in question managed to trick Moddb staff into handing over admin rights to a mods profile, because the login information was 'lost' (yes, it worked on more than one occasion). The 'hacker would then delete the mod profile, causing the actual modders lots of grief.

Eventually moddb wised up to that, so now the 'hacker is doing this latests piece of trolling.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not a hacker, just a shitposter that renames old unactive/ or makes new accounts and exploits the community posting feature which BTW everyone should turn off
Edit Mod Profile > "Allow the community to add content in these areas to your mods profile"

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!