Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
[6] Epicenter
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:  [6] Epicenter
Subject description: By me
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new map crafted by me for DTA 1.13.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, it looks rather dull I'm afraid. The shape is simple yet effective, but it needs more decoration.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must agree with Crimsonum, the map is fitting of the game in terms of classic Westwood ra1 style, but in multiplayer this map would be quite dull and to be exact out dated.

Though it is really nice that you guys are still adding content to the mod and upgrading it. Very Happy

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The detailing is simple compared to most of my maps (and probably most of DTA's as well), but I don't think it's that bad. The blue tiberium field and the ore fields give it some color and between them there's the players' bases, so in-game it doesn't actually feel dull. If you're looking for art, then you're probably better off playing other maps of DTA's selection though.

It's possible that I will add more decoration to the map later on, but if I do so, it'll mostly be restricted to the areas on top of the cliffs as I wanted to give the players a lot of build space on this map.

Btw, building structures on top of the cliffs has been prevented.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
The detailing is simple compared to most of my maps (and probably most of DTA's as well), but I don't think it's that bad. The blue tiberium field and the ore fields give it some color and between them there's the players' bases, so in-game it doesn't actually feel dull. If you're looking for art, then you're probably better off playing other maps of DTA's selection though.

Yeah, I didn't mean to criticize its gameplay value, I'm sure the shape works very well.

^Rampastein wrote:
Btw, building structures on top of the cliffs has been prevented.

I hope you visually supported this by adding some visible terrain obstacles. I've played maps which did this with invisible buildings, overlay, et cetera – it just leaves the player confused to why a seemingly open space is unbuildable.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive map, I really dig the multiplayer shenanigans that can take place here. Sometimes pretty isn't the only important part of the map.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Add more trees, it will look much better and less dull. Cool map, though. Smile

drive
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate maps which looks like Tiberian Wars, RA3 or Tiberian Twillight  Confused

RA1 maps had trees which was placed on a nice spot so that you can see it is natural. And in the most important thing: RA1 maps are not so symmetrical

The last map in the skirmish maps in Tiberian Wars looks so but I didnt found an example.

(No offense to your work though)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know that in DTA we have plenty of asymmetrical maps already (including most of my maps). For this map I just aimed for creating a simple, balanced layout that offers aggressive gameplay. And from testing with Bittah I know that it works. Smile

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This reminds me of a certain Age of Empires map...

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon