Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
STARTING MONEY AND IDEAS
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [80 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If one goes to map trigger fields... you could as well add a grid of invisible dummy buildings which would give full map reveal with the trigger, by linking their ownership to that Radar Array - that wouldn't support more than a single Array I guess tho.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow this game's engine must really be limited because even in the older title RA1 I was able to remove the shroud or fog of war.

So how do I go about putting a map trigger for the radar array ?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
If one goes to map trigger fields... you could as well add a grid of invisible dummy buildings which would give full map reveal with the trigger, by linking their ownership to that Radar Array - that wouldn't support more than a single Array I guess tho.

Even if you do that, there's no event to identify which player captured/entered the structure (Iran's Spawn# houses don't work with events), which means you still can't reveal the map for specifically the player that captured the structure.
adamstrange wrote:
So how do I go about putting a map trigger for the radar array ?

• Open the trigger editor, click New trigger and select Neutral under House: (selecting a different house such as GDI or Nod can cause the game to crash if you try to play the map while no one is playing as the house you selected for the trigger).
  • Then go to the Events tab, click New event, select 1 Entered by... for the Event type and select Neutral under Parameter value:.
  • Next go to the Actions tab, click New action and select 16 Reveal all map for the Action type.
  • Finally open the properties of the structure you want to attach the trigger to by double-clicking it (this is the structure will reveal the map for all players when any player captures or infiltrates it) and select the trigger you just created next to Attached tag:.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You say you just want to remove shroud, there's a trigger action for that (16 IIRC), TS also has a trigger action to reshroud the map.
The idea would be much like SpySat from RA2.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^As Bittah wrote, 16 Reveal all map is the action to use.

Another idea:
use a one time shot, massive droppod special with 1000 or more free dummy units and invisible droppods. Those many droppods would automatically scatter over a huge area and the free units would reveal the map (each unit with Sight=10)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
Mine Laying Plane

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
impossible due to engine limitations

As far as I know, it should be possible in singleplayer missions through triggers, just an immobile infantry is needed.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

an immobile infantry isn't really a mine. You would make this cell impassable for every unit except crushing vehicles, while a mine is actually passable for everything.

However, by sacrificing the firestorm wall, you can use this for mines. Because the firestorm wall acts like a wall, yet passable and still a building (no overlay) which can get a mine-weapon (see DTA)

An aircraft mine layer however is impossible (also a vehicle mine layer)

Public SHPs

Tools

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
^^As Bittah wrote, 16 Reveal all map is the action to use.

Yeah I know, but I was also referring to the reshroud map action and I used 16 for contexting.

/ppm/'s stupidity

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you tell me as to how do I go about setting up this trigger ?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
  • Open the trigger editor, click New trigger and select Neutral under House: (selecting a different house such as GDI or Nod can cause the game to crash if you try to play the map while no one is playing as the house you selected for the trigger).
  • Then go to the Events tab, click New event, select 1 Entered by... for the Event type and select Neutral under Parameter value:.
  • Next go to the Actions tab, click New action and select 16 Reveal all map for the Action type.
  • Finally open the properties of the structure you want to attach the trigger to by double-clicking it (this is the structure that will reveal the map for all players when any player captures or infiltrates it) and select the trigger you just created next to Attached tag:

The trigger editor is opened from Edit -> Trigger editor.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't forget to disable Beginner Mode under Options or Help

/ppm/'s stupidity

ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@LKO

I'm not too good in scripts, triggers and taskforces. Sorry if something is wrong or only loosely explained.
Spawn an air transport with overrun weapon filled with immobile infantry (preferably outside of the visible map) through triggers and attack a waypoint with it. With appropriate ROF, weapon range and unit speed, it will paradrop 5 infantries with some space between them. After completing this part of its script, the transport should leave the map.
The immobile (Speed=0? SpeedType=Winged?) infantry should have a mine-like image. Because mines are smaller than infantry, TS parachute image fits well (the bigger RA2 parachute image is not needed). Give that infantry Cloakable=yes, CloakingSpeed=1 (cloak/decloak as fast as possible), IsWebImmune=yes (webbed mine looks strange), Cyborg=yes (so it is vulnerable to EMP) and a self-destructing weapon (small ROF, Damage=1, Range=1, and explosion as a firing animation that does enough damage to kill the unit itself). You may give it Selectable=no (so you cannot activate them remotely). In this way, I think you can closely simulate a mine laying plane.
Problems: they should not be healed by medics, they can create impassable areas if they are placed too densely (as you have already mentioned), and if someone destroys them, they show infantry die animation (even flameguy...) --> CollateralDamageCoefficient? Explodes?
I think that the above version can be a bit more controllable. Make a unit which can deploy into a beacon, then a "If player house owns a certain number of a type of object" triggers spawns the transport, which then attacks this beacon building. With this, you would be capable of controlling where mining occurs. However, I do not know how to handle two or more beacons and what should happen with the beacon after this. (Maybe its parent unit should be a mission-only unit, and you get only one in the mission. By undeploying it, then redeploying somewhere else, you may call another mining run.)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

several interesting ideas, however there are some fundamental issues

a) The engine has nothing to identify the one player who fires a trigger, so you also can't do anything for this player only

b) there is no way to find out the location of a certain object via trigger

infantry death anim can be prevented by giving them Cyborg=yes, Jumpjet=yes or Doggie=yes

ExperimenterChemist wrote:
"If player house owns a certain number of a type of object"

there is no way to check for a number of objects. Only if a certain building exists.
But
If you set Trigger House GDI, Event 32 Building exists... and only Nod players are present, the game crashes.

In addition would you only find out the Side, but not the house (the true player).
e.g.
if you have 2 GDI players on the map, the GDI specific triggers would only the give the first GDI player in the internal players list this trigger. The other GDI player would never see any of these trigger actions.
Since there is no Player1, Player2, etc house, you can't set something for only one certain player.

Public SHPs

Tools

ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ExperimenterChemist wrote:

As far as I know, it should be possible in singleplayer missions through triggers, just an immobile infantry is needed.

When I wrote "singleplayer missions", I meant campaign missions. Maybe I was not clear enough... Of course, my ideas do not have a chance to work in skirmish or multiplayer.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even in SP, you have no way to get the location of the mine layer deploying the beacon.

While you should be able to get the Event for the player house, you still have no way to tell the aircraft to move to the mine layer beacon and shoot there the 5 passengers out.

I think a better chance for a mine layer logic has some clever weapon coding.
e.g.
-use EMP deploy logic to fire a weapon and have some recharge/ammo effect
-give the deploying weapon a projectile similar to the disc grenade (Floater=yes)
-give the disc grenade speed=0 and only a high elasticity, so it jumps on the same spot up/down where it was fired

Now when a unit moves on this cell, the disc will hit the object and explode.

\Edit
forget that
you wouldn't be able to destroy the mine with weapons.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a lot of really, really good info that I'm going to use.

Another thing that I can't find which is found in the other part of the series is Weapons Radius.

Where do In find the damage radius of the Ion Cannon ?

I want to increase it for a little more damage.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Ion Cannon does by default damage to a single cell, plus the immediately adjacent cells thanks to the warhead spread. The TI Ion Cannon however spawns invisible debris that spreads the damage. Look into the art.ini for the debris codes.

Last edited by Crimsonum on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No art.ini debris are used on the IC, due to problems getting the debris spawned evenly.

The TI IC area effect is done by a particle system.
Particle=IonizeSys on the warhead [IonCannonWH]
To change area damage and size you have to change the particle system and particle.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are 2 things that I don't understand.

The first if "SHORT GAME".

How exactly is this suppose to work ?

If I check it I would figure that some how you can play till a certain time.

What is the MULTIENGINEER ?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
The first if "SHORT GAME".

It makes a player lose once all their structures (and MCVs) are destroyed. Without it enabled, you also have to hunt all enemy units on the map.
adamstrange wrote:
What is the MULTIENGINEER ?

Enables Red Alert 1 style engineers, meaning you need multiple of them to capture a structure unless you damage it first.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now I think that this may be a bug but why are the soldiers 3 times bigger than the cars and even some buildings ?

Will this be fixed ?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it will not be fixed, because no one wants to play with 3 pixel big soldiers.
This is no 3d game where you can have everything in ultra realistic scales and zoom in/out to see the tiny soldiers next to 3 screen long battlecruiser.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do I set up a factory or barracks so that when they build my units they will go to a designated area and not just stand at the front of the the buildings ?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-select the factory
-press and hold ALT
-while pressing ALT, click somewhere with the mouse
->a green line appears, showing the new rally point for new build units

For more keyboard shortcuts, start a game, press ESC, go into [Game Controls] menu, select [Keyboard]

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Lin.

The Globatech Fusion Reactor building, shouldn't this building and the other Globatech reactor, when destroyed have some sort of blast damage and release some sort of radiation ?

Well I know that the engine doesn't support radiation but maybe take the green virus animation, make it bigger and change the color to a brilliant blue and have a stronger damage property and that can be the radiation.

Also I can't seem to find the file or line of code that deals with the Mammoth Walker emp weapon.

I would like to increase it's radius.

Thanks

luk3Z
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone know what is the starting amount of credits for the AI ? I checked "instant building" option to find out how fast AI building when I have only 2500 credits at the begining.
It's looks like AI have a lot of credits at the begining...

BTW: I can't find this value in Rules.ini

EDIT:
Well, I counted value of AI buildings at the begining till 1st harvest.
AI starting with around 15 000 credits or more (Medium/Hard).

Last edited by luk3Z on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That doesn't apply to Tiberian Sun.

MultiplayerAICM= defines the number of bonus credits that the AI starts with as a percentage. In TI it's set to 10000 for all difficulties, meaning that the AI starts with 10000% (= 100x) extra credits => if you start with 2500 credits, the AI starts with 2500 + 2500 * 100 = 252 500 credits.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ModEnc still needs a re-write but thanks!

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum