Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
DTA 1.1345 Bugs or not?
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
devil42
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject:  DTA 1.1345 Bugs or not? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello , congratulations for the new version of DTA ^^

I play classic mode with Allie faction
Look at the screen

2 minigunners and 2 rocket soldiers in the same faction?
is it impossible to build chronotank in classic mode?
and what about the power plant? is it  " in grey "

thank you

DTA.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.44 MB
 Viewed:  3332 Time(s)

DTA.png

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are indeed bugs. I've actually already fixed those along with a few other bugs and I'll most likely upload an update with those fixes tomorrow (since I'll be away for most of today and Rampastring will be looking into another potential issue in the meantime).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
devil42
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Bugs with APC Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for 1.1348 version

same problem with APC, there are 2 APC in the sidebar in classic mode with allied faction

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems I overlooked that one, thanks. It'll be fixed in the next update.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
devil42
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everybody

happy new year !!!!

Bittah, I played with allies faction, it's the same problem, the allies are able to build  two different APC ^^

IDEA

It's possible in the future to choose own reinforcements at the beginning of the game in a drop down menu for example " starting credits "?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

devil42 wrote:
It's possible in the future to choose own reinforcements at the beginning of the game in a drop down menu for example " starting credits "?
It should be possible and i suggested something similar already a while ago in staff forum.
Rampa needs to code this into the client however and since he still has a lot of other things to do, it's not sure when and if at all this will be done.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This would take quite a bit of work on the client (an entire new dialog would need to be added for selecting the units would need to be added for one), so I rather doubt that Rampastring would even do this if he didn't have other things to do.

By the way, has anyone ever tested whether the actual Dropship Loadout screen works in multiplayer? And if so, what stopped it from working? Maybe it'll work now that we can use the Spawn houses...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The dropship loadout was suffering from a bad mouse afaik. Though i never tried to get it work.

The client would actually serve then as the dropship loadout screen. And since the client is hand-made, it would offer a lot more modding capabilites and future improvements.

The dialog for the client should be rather easy to make (Rampa has already all the custom controls). The bigger problem might be that the client should parse rules.ini for the unit costs, art.ini to get the unit icon filenames and extracting mix files to get the icon/unit images for the preview.
So the client is using directly the game data and not some copied material just for this unit-selection screen which then could happen to be different to the ingame assets.
Though for a first version a simple list of icon files in a separate folder would do the job too, so there is no need for the client to parse/read any game files.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't know about multiplayer but missing mouse cursor in dropship loadout screen gets solved by
placing mouse.shp in cache.mix.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was gonna go all rampage when you said that but then I checked, mouse.shp is in conquer.mix not cache.mix. So what E1 suggested might work.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
Was gonna go all rampage when you said that but then I checked, mouse.shp is in conquer.mix not cache.mix. So what E1 suggested might work.

It worked for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum