Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 am
All times are UTC + 0
Scorched Earth MOD by G-E
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 18 [866 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 16, 17, 18 Next
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too strong for what?

remapped.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.02 KB
 Viewed:  21387 Time(s)

remapped.jpg

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, it's good as-is.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Working on the next one Smile

nexxxt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.15 KB
 Viewed:  21377 Time(s)

nexxxt.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So my big white/blue oldage home doesn't really fit with a dreary RA2 look, instead of converting it entirely, I'm breaking it back up into pieces, and making variations...  (the one on the right)

The new one on the left is all cut&paste, except minor fixups, and a few surfaces like the roof and doors.

Encouraging me to make more is a simple fact, I'm getting faster Wink

newbatch.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.22 KB
 Viewed:  21349 Time(s)

newbatch.jpg

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They all look amazing.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made me a large excavator/loader, something more accurately scaled, not that bobcat sized thing CONA haha Smile

loaders.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  345.56 KB
 Viewed:  21252 Time(s)

loaders.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every loader needs a 'dozer Smile

bulldozer.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.01 MB
 Viewed:  21224 Time(s)

bulldozer.gif

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice stuff.

=======================

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it's possible to animate the shovel via hva to make it work like the old Ore Truck in RA?

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You want it to flap up and down while it's driving? haha

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How Voxels work limits this. And you can't animate Body Sections aside from making it movement/active animations (Via looping)

Which is why the Miners/Harvesters didn't have Plows anymore. Great Job on the voxels. Though I'm guessing you made them as something like Civilian Miners you could capture as well?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back to playing around with maps, since I need a testbed to showcase all the things...

Still very WIP, but shaping up nicely...

thumb_Fast Lanes.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.95 KB
 Viewed:  21187 Time(s)

thumb_Fast Lanes.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doing some in game testing...

FA2 really hated CASANF16-18 until I re-converted them to fix the rubble on the generic versions. I tried renaming them, moving the order, re-adding to the mix then compacting, nothing worked. Finally figured since I tried everything else I should fix the art... voila!

As you can see the in-game rendering of the bulldozer is way too messy, I'm going to have to remove detail or make it bigger, it's currently shrunk to 80% but I'm going to check what 100% looks like first.

BTW I forget who's tip it was, I've been using XCC Mixer to add the files, which I had poor success with previously. Ever since I opened one of my good mixes, deleted the old files, then added my new ones, everything has been stable.

annoying.jpg
 Description:
12 GI's marched up and garrisoned right next to me blah!
 Filesize:  626.1 KB
 Viewed:  21138 Time(s)

annoying.jpg

pottyfixed.jpg
 Description:
Shrunk to 66% from last time, just right :)
 Filesize:  519.97 KB
 Viewed:  21138 Time(s)

pottyfixed.jpg

Last edited by G-E on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey G-E, great work....
but the normals in your voxels are very bad .-.
(the voxel is nice)

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea the new VXLSE 1.4 beta occasionally gets confused and flips the axis... in previous screwups it flipped on Y but that time it appeared to be on Z.

However I widened the actual voxel by 6 layers, so the wheels and cab are wider, which makes a dramatic improvement to rendering.

You can see a newer screenshot in the port-o-potty thread.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say the map came out pretty nice, I have a large park, an undeveloped suburbia and a high density main drag next to an interstate highway...

Making me wish I had more customizable road tilesets, but I'll get there eventually Smile

I will add a couple more derricks, but just because of the scale and defensive positions, war is very costly on the map...

*updated image*

thumb_Fast Lanes.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.65 KB
 Viewed:  20911 Time(s)

thumb_Fast Lanes.jpg

Last edited by G-E on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your missing the paris tower, every other monument & famous building from around the world is on that map tho!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's not true, there's no pyramids or tiki huts of any kind Smile

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice, I love how much space everyone (except the SE player) gets for developing their base. I dislike how cramped most RA2 maps are compared to TS, so this one is a welcome change.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Technically I screwed up on that version, I have since removed the fences at the top-left and bottom-right positions.

Overall each spot has plenty of space for the structures they need, all the non-core structures like defenses can fit anywhere between the map objects anyway.

As with all my maps, having a forward defense is always crucial, sending troops to garrison, or build towers off of captures buildings makes a big difference.

The one challenge is for the size of map, there's really not that much ore, which is ok when playing against an AI since they always have cash to steal, but pvp might prove a challenge without carefully guarding the derricks Smile

You'll also note that I added tons of parking lots, this seems to be an oversight on all the urban maps I've seen, because every building larger than a house in real life has a parking area... although it's clear I'll need to make better parking lot tiles if I really want to make nice city maps.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I swear I don't have any attention deficit problems #Tongue

I'm just working on things as I feel like it, alternating keeps me from getting bored, and keeps inspiration flowing Smile

Finished my garrison and damage frames for CATOR07 and made a new office structure by heavily modifying a rendering I found.

I also decided to make a water decoration in the form of a shipwreck, an old one, but I think I'm also going to make a capsized cruise ship at some point Smile

worksinprogress.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.58 KB
 Viewed:  20952 Time(s)

worksinprogress.jpg

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really good job.

=======================

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks pretty good in game...

shipwreck.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.56 KB
 Viewed:  20935 Time(s)

shipwreck.jpg

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now that is pretty !!!
love old boat wrecks !

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been busy with other things, haven't even wanted to play much less mod...

Amazing what insomnia helps you get done though Wink

Made a new Tesla tank body, though my concept art included a new turret, I'm recycling the existing one for now.

teslatnk.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  282.05 KB
 Viewed:  20831 Time(s)

teslatnk.gif

tank-lineup.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  450.72 KB
 Viewed:  20831 Time(s)

tank-lineup.jpg

Last edited by G-E on Sun May 17, 2015 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice! Are you going to remodel every Soviet unit in this style?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hadn't intended to, but increasingly it makes more sense, there's not many land units left...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Siege tank...

Had a bitch of a time getting the grinding wheels right, voxel viewer shows it correctly, both HVA builder 2.0c and 2.12 are wrong... had to manually set the offset with the transform box in VXLSE.

Needs some additional remap, but I'm lacking the inspiration to figure out what that should be...

newsiege_003.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.69 KB
 Viewed:  20748 Time(s)

newsiege_003.gif

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks more like a mine roller then a grinder :/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was inspired to make the Kornet from the military pics thread, obviously with some tweaks to match the game/mod a little better, but very close overall.

So having this unit, I can now fill the spot formerly occupied by the Avenger, a stolen tech hybrid of IFV and HTK, and therefore give the Avenger back to the allied side, if I can find a spot for it.

kornet.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.38 KB
 Viewed:  20671 Time(s)

kornet.gif

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great! (I'm assuming the missile rack is a turret #Tongue )
But shouldn't it be in Soviet colors then?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My soviets are gray.. unless you mean the allied blue at the bottom of the launchers? I didn't notice until after but really doesn't matter as they would be the missile tails or trapdoors only. Yes it's a free spinning turret

As with all things I'll probably tweak the chassis some more, maybe make it a little dirty on the bottom, or even darken the whole thing -- slab sided units need a lot of tricks to look good in RA2.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I figured you guys would like to see some of the other units a rendered.

defender.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  207.99 KB
 Viewed:  20613 Time(s)

defender.gif

urutu.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.05 KB

urutu.gif

arachnid.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  446.26 KB

arachnid.gif

loader.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  398.08 KB

loader.gif

dozer.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  370.91 KB

dozer.gif

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the defender. Smile The bug thingy is interresting, too.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome stuff.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Arachnid is stolen tech, think of it like a mirage drone with a powerful machine gun...

Defender is the Lybian equivalent of the Abrahms, slots in between the Rhino and Apoc with a longer range gun. Slightly stronger than the Rhino, with longer range, but weaker in both cases than the Apoc. Cost is closer to the Apoc.

As with all the fighting vehicles, cost and features distinguish them, each having a place in a tactical arrangement, if the budget allows it. You can still win a war with Rhinos or Grizzlys Smile

There's a major change in my mod regarding economy, that is the previous Ore Purifier is now a Fusion Reactor, so the allied houses had all the prices spread to a wider delta. This gives them the option of fighting on the cheap, or going with the more extreme units if they can afford it.

The one thing that is unavoidable is the cost of naval war, it is very costly to fight in the water. It's one of those things that will seriously make you think about playing turtle and working on your economy, but it's a decision not to be made lightly, the ranged vessels have a lot more range Wink

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Defender looks alot like a certain voxel I'm using. Maybe it's a recreation of that voxel or maybe it's coincidence, I don't know. But from how that voxel looks in-game, I believe you might end up needing to give the barrel a bigger diameter.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I borrowed the turret long ago, obviously it's a modern T-series type turret, but as with all things I've made changes.

The chassis itself does borrow design elements from other sources, that's not typically how I make the suspending wheels, and since I'm refreshing all the voxels, I'll redo those too soon.

Several house specific units break the design conventions for the sides they are on, and one of my goals is to make them appear more derivative, but not entirely. Unlike the Havoc (quake tank) which uses the Apoc body 99% as-is.

Going to update the Urutu as well.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok these two are done Smile

urutu_new.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  302.55 KB
 Viewed:  20548 Time(s)

urutu_new.gif

defender_new.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  202.66 KB
 Viewed:  20548 Time(s)

defender_new.gif

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Mammoth tank... I like the turret, and I like the body, but the body needs something, more flair maybe?

mamstill.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.04 KB
 Viewed:  20518 Time(s)

mamstill.jpg

mammoth.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  276.74 KB
 Viewed:  20518 Time(s)

mammoth.gif

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about .... say the tread protectors get longer and the more they go forward - the smaller they become?

PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pointed/upward prow always looks good on Soviet tanks. I think it'd look good on a short tank like this one.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is by no means a "small" tank, it just looks smaller than it's size would suggest, because of the double tracks and extra wide farings that creates. The turret alone is larger than the Grizzly.

There's also 2 design aspects to keep in mind, at least the design principles of my mod:

1. Soviet tanks are generally rounded, the seamless "bathtub turret" in a sense, but it generally applies to the whole chassis... hence the bulbous turret.

2. The Mammoth tank is stolen tech from both sides, so it's supposed to be a combination o hybridization of styles as well.

I figure the boring segmented farings on the treads are a necessary design element for the double tracks, and can break the soviet design ethos a little.

And I'm just realizing the turret kinda looks like a spider with the raised absomen, and the 8 ribs of the extra plating look like legs Smile

Pillbox20: you mean taper the treads forward like a triangle? Or do you mean a really pointy section in front?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's how the sizes stack up...

tanksforscale.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  391.69 KB
 Viewed:  20479 Time(s)

tanksforscale.jpg

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

beautiful voxels but need more texture  Rolling Eyes

good work...

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like this, but the other way around.
Bigger on the back side and smaller on the front side.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't mean it was a "small" tank, but it's surely "short" relative to its' width. And especially relative to the turret. Compare it to the Apoc for example.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:
I didn't mean it was a "small" tank, but it's surely "short" relative to its' width. And especially relative to the turret. Compare it to the Apoc for example.

The barrel lengths also denote how far they shoot... the Defender shoots farther than the Rhino/Apoc, and the Mammoth shoots similarly far with giant shells Smile

mammothtime.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  646.01 KB
 Viewed:  20444 Time(s)

mammothtime.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attempting to give the Mammoth more plate definition, the scaling is 80% which shouldn't be so dramatic (Apoc is 90%), but it needs help.

Also redid the Light tank chassis to match the sunken driver portholes of the others, added tailpipes and other cleanups... the Gattling tank is next since it shares the same chassis (Remember kids: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle).

The Apoc chassis is used for the Havoc, and since I didn't feel like making a cheesy hammer or some complicated rigging, it's really just a giant pill accelerated by magnets or something.

I trimmed the Defender barrel a touch, unified it with the turret, and did other small cleanups like improving the curve underside, and removing some step effects on top from the normals.

updates.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.07 KB
 Viewed:  20422 Time(s)

updates.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rather like the effect... LineTrailColorDecrement=1

Previously I had them all 8 or 16, decided to try the slowest possible fade.

trailers1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  479.4 KB
 Viewed:  20360 Time(s)

trailers1.jpg

trailers.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  230.86 KB
 Viewed:  20360 Time(s)

trailers.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 18 [866 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 16, 17, 18 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon