Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:08 am
All times are UTC + 0
Scorched Earth MOD by G-E
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 12 of 18 [866 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 Next
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once you pop, you can't stop!

newshiz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.4 KB
 Viewed:  12265 Time(s)

newshiz.jpg

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue and Red cars are pretty. Like them!

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the midnight hour, she cried moar moar moar...

vixool.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.65 KB
 Viewed:  12212 Time(s)

vixool.jpg

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha
nice improve G-E!

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Going to make half height versions and some that transition into a slope sideways rather than use the slope set... going to have to experiment.

I still need to make grassy water cliffs too, but I have some interesting ideas for it that I need to plan out carefully.

hybrids.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  583.59 KB
 Viewed:  12044 Time(s)

hybrids.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pave shore cliffs...

boardwalk.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  517.85 KB
 Viewed:  11960 Time(s)

boardwalk.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thumb_frontier.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  174.67 KB
 Viewed:  11702 Time(s)

thumb_frontier.jpg

hxazgalor
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work with the mod! Tried it and so far enjoyed it Smile wish I could ally with AI, though, I always prefer team games than 1-on-3 matches or so (I don't usually play online, either, but I'm keen if you wanna have a casual team match), but anyways.

I haven't really encountered issues in the few runs I've played so far. Just that for one particular map, Eroded River, I was playing at position 2 in the bottom right corner as Korea. My miners tend to not return to the refinery to deposit their ore; this only happens when mining on the middle right side ore field, closer to player 1's position. They just sit there waiting for me to manually order them back, and usually I need to get them to move around a bit before they finally return to the refinery and head out again. Pathfinding issue?

Also, just a few questions to clarify:
1. Is garrisoning buildings still an important factor? Infantry inside don't do as much damage to vehicles, and are easily forced out of their cover. I'm sure it's intentional, especially since focus is more on offensive defense, but what are your thoughts?

2. Are infantry meant to be weak? In groups they are dangerous, but I had a group of about 20 prism troopers reduced to about 8 men or so after facing off a tesla tank or two, or even against a small force of infantry. How do you see infantry use being maximized in combat with such low survivability?

3. I noticed repair rates for structures are incredibly fast. For small groups of building killers like prism tanks or Korean missile cruisers, trying to take out just one building can take a long while. What's your main reason for implementing this?

4. Are Parabombs meant to be a free superweapon available to whoever can capture an airport? It does seem a little too OP to me, coz one wave of well-timed parabombs can level at least a quarter of a base with ease. Will you consider nerfing them, or adjusting their damage values, in future?

5. Do each subfaction get a different stolen tech unit based on whichever lab they infiltrate? I haven't been able to infiltrate most of the time, so I'm not sure what else is to offer.

6. What's the reasoning behind the existence of the Battle Lab and the Tech Centre for the Allies, and for Soviets their Battle Lab and Spec Weps Facility? Why two T3 unlock buildings? Question

7. Tanya seems to take damage when demolishing buildings. Is this intentional? Are players supposed to have her GTFO before the charges go off? Laughing

8. My units tend to get really overexcited at times, and will try to engage enemies in sight even when I move them away and order them to stop. Sometimes they totally ignore the stop command and go after whatever they're going after. Is this a bug?

9. Any chance you'll release a unit sheet for each faction? Probably a low priority thing for you, but at least more people will know what toys they can play with.

10. Will there be a YR version? I noticed you mention sth like that in the first page.

Again, great job with the mod! I'll have a few more rounds when I can, hopefully you'll get more goodies featured in upcoming releases. Cheers! Very Happy

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, if during map selection you choose "free for all" mode, each AI will consider the others enemies as well, so it's everyone vs. everyone. I like to play on a 4 player map with 3 medium AI in normal, and 3 brutal AI for free for all games, or at least that's the fairest balance for the average player. I would recommend playing against brutal AI in large numbers only on maps with tons of resources/derricks and buildings to garrison like Fast Lanes.

As for garrisoned units, you're probably just not used to RA2's gunshot weapon, you probably need to play more, and garrison with more troops, because most large buildings have more infantry capacity. Garrisoning extends their range and firepower as well, so in every case it's worth doing, but due to cost, and relative weakness of Conscripts, they are the ideal infantry to use for it. Deployed GIs are actually quite effective against armor, and Conscripts are a very cost effective way to kill GIs.

Repair rates for the AI are always going to be a bit unfair, but I tried to balance it for the human players, so that you don't lose structures so easily in a fight. I'm assuming a player is going to be more aggressive with duplication and has more freedom in building defenses (no limit rules to follow) so it should work out evenly in the end.

As for stolen tech and neutral tech, experiment, play more, you'll keep discovering things as you go for some time Smile

Read the guides on ModDB if you want, there's plenty of notes on defenses and specializations, without providing spec sheets... this isn't supposed to be a mathematical formula, it's supposed to be warfare.

hxazgalor
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Thanks, if during map selection you choose "free for all" mode, each AI will consider the others enemies as well, so it's everyone vs. everyone. I like to play on a 4 player map with 3 medium AI in normal, and 3 brutal AI for free for all games, or at least that's the fairest balance for the average player. I would recommend playing against brutal AI in large numbers only on maps with tons of resources/derricks and buildings to garrison like Fast Lanes.

As for garrisoned units, you're probably just not used to RA2's gunshot weapon, you probably need to play more, and garrison with more troops, because most large buildings have more infantry capacity. Garrisoning extends their range and firepower as well, so in every case it's worth doing, but due to cost, and relative weakness of Conscripts, they are the ideal infantry to use for it. Deployed GIs are actually quite effective against armor, and Conscripts are a very cost effective way to kill GIs.

Repair rates for the AI are always going to be a bit unfair, but I tried to balance it for the human players, so that you don't lose structures so easily in a fight. I'm assuming a player is going to be more aggressive with duplication and has more freedom in building defenses (no limit rules to follow) so it should work out evenly in the end.

As for stolen tech and neutral tech, experiment, play more, you'll keep discovering things as you go for some time Smile

Read the guides on ModDB if you want, there's plenty of notes on defenses and specializations, without providing spec sheets... this isn't supposed to be a mathematical formula, it's supposed to be warfare.

I've been playing against Easy AI players so far, but even these guys are giving me a run for my money. They really do live up to the mod's name, as they tend to not take any chances with captured tech buildings, and level them when they get the chance. It's frustrating, but man I have a love-hate relationship with their devious tactics.

It's also kinda silly but nevertheless welcome that Kirovs aren't the beefcakes they are in vanilla RA2, especially when defenses have such high repair rates. Takes even a group of 8 Kirovs minutes just to crush a pillbox Laughing

I haven't encountered any other issues just yet (except that pathfinding one I mentioned in the previous post). Still also trying to experiment with stolen tech units, although it seems that the Allies get the lion's share of new toys? Idk, I'll keep playing in the meantime.

Cheers! Very Happy

EDIT: I just remembered one bug! Or is it a feature? It's the Havoc Tank, I can't seem to get it to attack with the deploy command, I need to have it force fire for it to attack.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Easy is basically WW AI with a handful of SE... you really should play medium.

Kirovs were also sped up, to the point where people playing speed 5 complained like hell about it, I may have reduced it since, can't remember. I will tweak the warhead to do better against defenses.

Dunno I may have been playing with the Havoc and just forgot to remove something, I'll have a look at what's going on...

hxazgalor
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been getting an internal error as well with Eroded River Winter. Initially I thought it was just a problem when I chose Korea, but even with Random I still get the error.

I'll give Medium a try later. For now, Easy helps warm me up to the shifty AI. Again, kudos with the AI's performance #Tongue

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh you're right, to be fair I haven't played that map since forever, just added mild updates at one point in FA2... luckily CnCMaps renderer has a cute trick to fix broken tiles Smile

At this point I might as well expand the map and improve it...

hxazgalor
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to hear Very Happy also, I find it funny that tank shots tend to fly along some random path when they try to shoot somebody. Instead of hitting them, it just *nyooms* from one end and flies off the map. I followed one's flight path, so I know #Tongue

I need to remember to take a screenshot. It's hilarious XD

On another note, I think I've found another bug: if I'm Allies and I capture a Soviet War Factory & Service Depot, I can build a Soviet MCV. But if vice versa (as Soviets capturing Allied ones), I can't build an Allied MCV. There was one time I couldn't even build higher tier structures even when I've captured an Allied ConYard and War Factory; I had to sell the factory and rebuild it to gain access. Is this intentional?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You probably captured a clone factory, to make the Allies build _two_ I had to get creative... this is just a side effect.

Unfortunately there is some prerequisite trickery involved to make the tech tree work adequately in case of capture, you likely just got the wrong one Smile

The funky tank shots are part of the "straight shot hack", it's also a side effect that can't be fixed, but the improvement to general behaviour is worth it. The really weird part is when it bugs out just right, it loops around the map in a giant arc and hits a building somewhere else Smile

hxazgalor
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like I'll need to get crafty to get my hands on both then #Tongue thanks for the clarification!

hxazgalor
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a question of aesthetics: why'd you change some of the units' voice sets? Like the Apoc gets a modified Romanov VO, the War Miner a modified Slave Miner VO, etc.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prior to YR many of these units didn't have their own voicesets, which ones I used depended on the suitability for other units... I can't begin to describe how many voices I shuffled between units to find the right combo that works, both in what they say, the accent, and general tone.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Expanded and enriched Eroded River Winter...  

thumb_erodedriverwinter.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  186.2 KB
 Viewed:  11468 Time(s)

thumb_erodedriverwinter.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Revised Yuri's Plot map to be full water, and added the psychic whateverthehell in the middle, which I gave sensors, so whoever captures it gets to see everything! Smile

thumb_yuristriangle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.14 KB
 Viewed:  11296 Time(s)

thumb_yuristriangle.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Next map, again starting with WW's...

thumb_starfallisland.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.46 KB
 Viewed:  11251 Time(s)

thumb_starfallisland.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BETA 6A is up with a bunch of little fixes and a few extra maps...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After 10min the game becomes "survival mode" against 3 brutal AI...

PS. the snow art on the robot control center is like the typical glitch whenever some resource is loaded wrong or not instantiated in a list correctly, it only happened after I added some civilian voxels to a mix (the ships). So even when things all appear to work there can in fact be an error/glitch in the matrix.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That happens when you only have GG* & GA* in the ecache MIX. Instead, clone GG* and rename it to GT*, GU*, GN*, GL*, GD*. The issue with the loaded theater-specific SHPs should be fixed then (I encountered the same bug when copying YR's buildings to RA2 and fixed it using that method).

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, it's caused by something else, this is just how it manifests, and for some strange reason always this building... except in rare cases the prism tower.

It's fixed and I've done nothing but add civilian voxels and fix one sound...

symptom.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  606 KB
 Viewed:  11121 Time(s)

symptom.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In case anyone wants to see all the new voxels including unreleased versions in SE pal....

nuevo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.52 KB
 Viewed:  11075 Time(s)

nuevo.jpg

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks awesome. Good work ^^

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, eye candy. Yum. Very Happy

PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because you guys like my urban maps... working on a new one which is exposing some holes in my terrain expansion, or at least encouraging me to add more road transitions and things.

The Omnicorp building was a rendering by daTS long ago, I shrank it, beat it, spit on it, called it my bitch, and now it has garrison/damage/rubble frames. Unfortunately RA2 doesn't support 5x5 so I made it almost fit into 4x4, but I don't see that being annoying in game, it already needs an expanded tileset base to look balanced anyway.

Full render: http://aproposer.net/ra2/peninsulacity.jpg

omnicorp.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  783.68 KB
 Viewed:  10985 Time(s)

omnicorp.jpg

thumb_peninsulacity.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.7 KB
 Viewed:  10985 Time(s)

thumb_peninsulacity.jpg

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map looks awesome...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doing some dirty jobs...

roadwork.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  484.25 KB
 Viewed:  10936 Time(s)

roadwork.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some good uses for the new tiles...

smoothentrance.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  476.81 KB
 Viewed:  10900 Time(s)

smoothentrance.jpg

turnarounds.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  383.99 KB
 Viewed:  10900 Time(s)

turnarounds.jpg

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That looks very nice! But isn't it odd that the pavement goes over the road?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean like real sidewalks do?

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh... That looks so very odd to me! I have never seen that in the Netherlands. But fair enough! Smile

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The new tiles encouraged me to remove the yellow baseplate from WW's gas station...

baselessgas.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  415.23 KB
 Viewed:  10849 Time(s)

baselessgas.jpg

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks better now.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was the yellowness of the base that was most disturbing, had it looked like a slab of cement I wouldn't mind it at all... but given my new asphalt tileset, it seemed easier to remove it and should I need to use my own slab base.

gassy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  284.14 KB
 Viewed:  10831 Time(s)

gassy.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you upload that station here, please? I could really use it for SRA2 (and yes, you'll be given credit)...

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's in SE palette...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made some changes to the intersection pieces, and nearly completed my asphalt laneway tileset... spot the difference!

hf-inter.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  273.27 KB
 Viewed:  10738 Time(s)

hf-inter.jpg

hf-int2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  267.48 KB
 Viewed:  10738 Time(s)

hf-int2.jpg

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As a sidenote; I had a guest lecture on big data of someone who worked for the Obama campaign yesterday, and I actually saw those odd sidewalks on a slide of him. #Tongue

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful... Very Happy

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's that time of year again, Spring Decoration Madness!

newps.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.87 KB
 Viewed:  10669 Time(s)

newps.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the new stuff, I'm a bird singing, ya ya yaaaaaaa........

newjunk.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  418.62 KB
 Viewed:  10610 Time(s)

newjunk.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Waaaaaaaat #Tongue

celsius911.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  289.43 KB
 Viewed:  10572 Time(s)

celsius911.jpg

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now THAT is what should be made a public asset (or least a roofed version of the WTC)

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anyone wants to simulate 9/11, yes it should be made public, but it's in SE palette...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SE palette? What does SE stand for? A custom palette?

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SE, the name of G-E's mod, Scorched Earth...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 12 of 18 [866 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon