Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am
All times are UTC + 0
Star Trek Online
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:  Star Trek Online Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone else plays it? The sole reason is I'm asking because I'm kinda fed up with random fleet (guild for your casual MMOers) requests and I'd pick one where I know atleast one person...

ATM I have a lvl52 Engineer (dusted off year-old account Laughing ) and a lvl5 Tactical officer (tactical just started recently only to find out what got changed between LoR and DR).

I also have a habit to concentrate upon DOFF assignments/Foundry missions. A lot.  Laughing Totally play-for-fun attitude, not queues, battlezones, whatnot.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've really want to try Star Trek Online but I don't have much time, the only MMO I play is World of Tanks & I only play that for an hour every week or two.

How much of a grind is STO, is it possible to only play for an hour a week & still make reasonable progress?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately not. Especially not in the early levels - a single mission is ca. an hour by itself. Albeit missions themselves pull you up quite much to max, there's maybe only two or three times when you have to replay a mission in your arc to gain the required level for the next stage. (or you pick up some community-made missions á lá Foundry which when not made-for-farming, can have some really nice depth and does give out reasonable rewards)

Compared to WoW tho, you can always accept the missions on the fly, without looking for the questgiver at all - it's quite noobfriendly in that case.

Not sure how much grinding is that, because unlike other MMOs I played (Digimon, WoW) individual grinding EXP itself is practically nothing, and you have no practical chance to increase your level via grinding.

OTOH, after level 11, players unlock the Duty Officer system which is a steady way to gather Dilithium (the currency exchangeable with the paid one) without putting much effort into it - some kind of "daily" reward system which can have a good result even with 15 minutes per day wasted into it.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum