Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hammerfest story conversation topic
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject:  Hammerfest story conversation topic Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From Team Black:

Just like on tibweb, we'll keep conversations from The Fall of Hammerfest in this topic, so that the posts don't interfere with the story.
Bear in mind I can't "Merge" new posts from that topic to this one like I could at Tibweb. That means I can't continuously split the non-story posts in that topic; if that happens I will leave them up for a few days, and then delete them.
However, comments and feedback are always welcome! Enjoy the story!
-TB

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corsair wrote:
Thanks. It depends, but I'll draw them out after work here and there in my free-time and throw them together. So it might take a couple of days.

what program are you using to animate your frames? i'm interrested because i draw myself and wanted to try, maybe working on a short film, or a music video.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going inbetween Photoshop and Flash. I also have a Tablet to speed along the drawing.

PS, I updated my last .gif

I felt like it was missing something.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corsair wrote:
I'm going inbetween Photoshop and Flash. I also have a Tablet to speed along the drawing.

having a tablet is awesome, i'm going with a wacom intuos variant, which are you working with?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
Corsair wrote:

having a tablet is awesome, i'm going with a wacom intuos variant, which are you working with?

I'm using a Wacom Bamboo.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I come back after several months of hating my job and this is what I find.

Let me know if you're interested in me rejoining this... I know I am. I've done several RP's over the years, and this is one I'd like to get back into.

ComanderSpartan
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shite fudgesickle brownies. Scorch is that you?

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Si, senior. I've been around for a while, I just haven't had time to post #Tongue

ComanderSpartan
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Goddamn, its been a while man. And here we were thinking you'd fallen off the edge of the Earth Laughing

I know I would welcome your return to the RP and I'd wager Corsair and TB would as well. For now though there isn't much new content so much as rewrites of the old stuff (suffice to say more than a bit of what was posted in the RP was cringe worthy). We've got a Dropbox folder where we put what we've got. Last I checked it was just Corsair and myself that uploaded stuff on it (I've been slacking somewhat due to other personal projects and life #Tongue).

If you want I could PM you the link for the Dropbox folder to at least take a look at what's happening (and to take a look at the older Hammerfest thread; the folder has an archive of it).

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did for a while haha.

And absolutely, I'd love that. Thank you.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again, thank you for that PM.

Honestly, most of my stuff was pretty... Amateur. If anything, preferably, I'd like to redo all of my old posts, or hell, scrap them and start something else.

ComanderSpartan
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think we'll be doing anything dramatic. The plot will probably stay the same up until the point where we stopped at TibWeb. Revamping is likely as far as we'll be going for the PPM upload and in my opinion its more than enough.

This is my revamp of my first post in the Hammerfest thread (which wasn't technically my first addition to the RP but that's a different story for a different time).

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, well, well. Look at what we have here, hahah.

I figured I'd drop in to see if I was missing anything and sure enough the Scorch appears!

I may have to continue this project sooner. #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wait.. scorched earth is Scorch??

oh. my. goodness.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

'sup bro? It's been a minute. #Tongue

And with all due respect, Sir, I hate you.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Errbody keeps changing their names, I can never keep track.

I never changed my name since day one, and I hate it. I mean seriously, "Team Black"? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I'm not a team, I'm not even black. have you ever heard of a Team Black? what does a Team Black even do? and why are they a team in the first place? is there a Team White? what about a Team Orange? or a Team Pink? nope. I just copied the title of a Project 86 song because  thought the name was catchy, and hoped there were other Project 86 fans that would see it and think it was awesome. But there's only about 100 Project 86 fans on he entire planet, so I guess that just makes me a hipster. Maybe I should just rename myself to Team Hipster instead. I even asked the lead singer of Project 86 what Team Black meant, and it was just a random title they came up with, with no meaning whatsoever. My forum name is a useless, worn out, non-catchy name that has no meaning to me or the source it came from. Why couldn't I come up with a cool name like "Morpher" or "Corsair" or something? Back on tiberiumsuncom though it was even worse - my forum name was "Shazaa", kind of like "Huzzah" but with even less familiarity. I just plain sucked with coming up with names back then. I'm just fortunate that tumsun closed before I got popular enough to have to stick to that terrible terrible profile name. Well, now that it's been a good 7 years since then, I'm pretty much stuck with Team Black. That's me, that's mah name. When I have kids, I'm going to teach them how to come up with creative screen names, so that they don't have to suffer the self-embarrassment of picking some meaningless nonsense name like I did. They'll call themselves cool things, like "Dragon Fire" or "Spear Head" or something. Then they won't be reduced to ranting about their screen names at a certain state of intoxication and general drowsiness on a game forum for a series that died ten years ago, but for some reason can't put down because it's become too deeply rooted of a hobby, to borderline obsession.

The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Team Orange

oooh take that one. or Team Nero thats Black in italian. Or even better Team OrangeNero. Welcome to the herd... no wait team.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 2nd Lt - the most dangerous man in the military.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
oooh take that one. or Team Nero thats Black in italian. Or even better Team OrangeNero. Welcome to the herd... no wait team.

dear God, no

The Team Black Index

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A question concerning the story
In the first post at the end stands Kane was killed and in the next line Slavik was mentioned to reunite the brotherhood.

It's a bit strange since between these 2 events, are more than 30 years. GDI thought to be victorious over the Brotherhood and with the exception of a few small splinter factions they were right. After all it took Nod 30 years to recover from that defeat.

Or am i missing something here? Is this a story with a different timeline not following the one in the games?

\Edit
forget it. Just noticed this is about Kanes second death at the end of TS.

\Edit
read it through and must say it's quite nice and compelling.
Though a bit strange was that the crash site was supposed to be quite near the bunker, yet the "well trained" soldiers were tired already after a few steps towards the crash site. And usually even when totally exhausted, they wouldn't do a rest until they managed to give first aid or finished their check for survivors.

For the ongoing story, I think it would be nice if they manage to get the titan back operational and then use this limping monster to get back to the base (maybe after salvaging parts of the crashed carryall). Or a few of them walk ahead back to base to give a report and some other stay back and try to get the Titan back online. And later the half repaired Titan comes limping to the scene just in the right moment to give some big firesupport.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, we had to take liberties with time between scenes and events to make things work. We were switching back and forth between people that didn't always have the best idea of when and where moments took place (including me). I'm also animating from my POV, so I probably won't get everything the way they should be.

Apart from the animated .gifs, all I'm doing is a direct copy and paste from the TibWeb RP.

And thanks for your interest in what we're doing, LKO!

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm baaaaack (again). Just did a two-month op in the desert. I'm very angry and getting drunk lol.

ComanderSpartan
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like something one of our guys would have said in the RP. Anyways good to hear you're back. Not much has happened since you've been gone unfortunately.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Relocated some convo from the Hammerfest story:

The Fall of Hammerfest wrote:

Corsair:
Updates on all previous animations to improve the flow.

Orac:
Do an animated series! #Tongue

Corsair:
You're not the first to say that, hahah.

Bu7loos:
Again great job corsair Smile

Corsair:
Thanks, good sir. I'm taking a brief break, but I'll be working on more .gifs soon.

The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for dummy question, but what is Hammerfest??? Im curious

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Fall of Hammerfest is a roleplay we started on Tiberiumweb several years ago.
It's set just after Tiberian Sun storyline, and is co-authored by Corsair and I, and a few other folks.
We're giving it a fresh reboot & rewite, for your reading pleasure Smile

The Team Black Index

ComanderSpartan
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yarbles. Why didn't anyone tell me we were back on the job? I've got to get back to rewriting now!

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why have we not continued thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ummm... reasons

Thanksgiving, plus ALO training, then Christmas, then a wedding. Each trip reqired flying out of state and back. I should actually have some time this month, I'll try and throw down some new material.

The Team Black Index

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But the last post was right after the Fourth of July. #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thar. happy naow?
I'll put up more soon.
I want to try and feed it through steadily, so readers don't feel overwhelmed with the giant wall of text that is our story

The Team Black Index

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just out of curiosity, who's reading the story? Please post, if you are, and if you like it!

Gives us more incentive to continue, and get this thing finished!
(and the more likely Corsair will keep making neat graphics for it!)

The Team Black Index

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frick yeah! Internet high five!

The Team Black Index

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've done some careful and purposeful formatting of the story.
I've begun dividing it into chapters, and as the rewrites come, I'll merge the chapters into individual posts. I've added better dividing lines to try and keep it organized, and easier on the eyes.

Every new post made will be its own post, so readers can keep better track when additions are made to the story.
So, don't be put off if you "view new posts", and keep seeing the same post count in this topic.

The Team Black Index

ComanderSpartan
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the delay. TB gave me the pleasure of posting the next chunk and while I was formatting it and doing a bit of spell-check I reread some of my old junk and cringed so hard my eyes fell out.

So after I recovered my eyes I forced myself to do a quick write up that turned out to be not so quick. Sorry y'all.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! little by little, we'll tackle this

The Team Black Index

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
TB(?) kinda looks like Putin in those animated scenes.

No idea what you mean #Tongue could be all those world politics getting into your head

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [38 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon