Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
First public beta playtest is here!
Moderators: Reaperrr
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:  First public beta playtest is here! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I currently don't have the time to thoroughly test the mod for balancing issues or other problems I might have overlooked, so I've decided to release a PPM-exclusive* beta playtest. This version adds only two new (caribic Smile ) maps compared to OpenRA's version of TD, but gameplay-wise it's close to what the first non-beta release will look like.

I'm always open to suggestions and welcome every bug/balancing issue report, of course.

To install, simply put the tdx folder found inside the .zip into the mods subfolder of your OpenRA installation (where the mod folders of OpenRA's official mods are located as well).
Beta .104 / 20150514 contains a work-around for Windows users who experience a crash right at launch.

This beta requires OpenRA release 20150424 (latest, at time of writing).

Downloads:
PPM Mirror
GitHub Mirror

tdx-mainmenu003.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.02 KB
 Viewed:  15753 Time(s)

tdx-mainmenu003.png

nod001.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.06 MB

nod001.png

gdi001.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  834.73 KB

gdi001.png

Last edited by Reaperrr on Thu May 14, 2015 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HOly jumpin' jesus - Reaprrr, the guy who made the first tiberian dawn mod for TS (which was sick, btw) - hes back at it agaiiiiiiiiin!

Congrats, br0. I wanna give this a test drive later.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GJ, I got a "System.NotSupportedException" when trying to run it though, I just made a clean install with the latest version, downloaded all mods, tested them, installed yours and no luck. Is there something else I must download?

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nolt wrote:
GJ, I got a "System.NotSupportedException" when trying to run it though, I just made a clean install with the latest version, downloaded all mods, tested them, installed yours and no luck. Is there something else I must download?

Hm, that's weird...

What OS do you use?

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Windows 7, just formatted, I believe I do have net framework installed, I'm going to test crossfire here to see if my computer is the problem.

I've added my logs here, doing a little research, it seems it's about the code not being trusted by my net framework, sorry, I don't know much about this, the exception file, redirected me here

Opening the game w/ admin rights doesn't help.

Edit: Yeah, Crossfire doesn't open either, probably it's my computer.

Logs.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Logs.rar
 Filesize:  3.66 KB
 Downloaded:  15 Time(s)

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have Win7 myself and it runs fine here, but if the other mods work there might be a small issue with the .csproj setup, leading to something your  .net version doesn't like.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: I uploaded a new beta that fixes the snow map crash and provides a work-around for the SystemNotSupported exception some people experienced, as well as several minor polishing improvements to the mod itself.

The optional in-game soundtrack download has been enabled now, enjoy the rare Sega Saturn variants of several tracks (+ a couple regular ones) in stereo(!!!) thanks to OpenRA's IMA ADPCM support.

Download mirrors for the beta are found in the first post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon