Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
Japanese Structures
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:  Japanese Structures
Subject description: 13th Anniversary
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That time of year has rolled around once again, yes it's June 6th D-day! To celebrate D-day's 13th Anniversary I have a big update for you. A (nearly) complete set of Japanese structures and units. On a more personal note this year also marks the 15th year that I have been modding and also my 30th Birthday, so I have now spent half of my life devoted to a single game.

The heart of your base, the construction yard is used to produce buildings. The design this building is based on multiple elements taken from Kure Naval Arsenal.

The Power plant supplies electricity to you factories, radar and support structures. It's not possible to find a real power plant the size of a small house, however I was inspired by Japanese bath houses & the chimneys with supporting metal frame that they often have.      

The supply depot is the used to store the credits that your supply trucks gather. The storage shed on the left side fills up as you collect more supplies. No specific inspiration for this design.  

The Barracks is used to train infantry. This building was quickly made off the top of my head & will be replaced in the near future with a design based on a real field barracks on Saipan.

Factories produce all of your vehicles and fighter planes. The design is based on the Mitsubishi factory in Nagoya, where the A6M Zero fighter plane was developed & tested.

Radar grants the player a map of the battlefield and also reveals a large amount of shroud around itself. The Type 11 was one of Japan's first radar systems and was used throughout the war.  

The Airfield is the control centre of your air forces, it can also maintain and reload six planes. The design is based on buildings used on airfields on Tinian and Saipan islands.

A smaller alternative to the Airfield, the Runway can also maintain and reload six planes however the Airfield is needed to build them

The Japanese temple gives you a support power that lets you inspire your troops with the Bushido warrior spirit giving your units a boost in health and speed for a short time. The design is not based on a specific temple but draws inspired from many different temples/shrines seen throughout Japan.  

The tech centre gives you access to Japan's heavy weapons. The design was inspired by the Kwantung Army HQ, The radar tower on the left is a Tachi 18.

The 9th Army Lab is were Fu-Go fire balloons are researched and launched.
The design has no specific inspiration and is based on multiple different structures.  

This is not all of the Japanese structures, there are still two more support/super weapon buildings and a repair pad to come. I hope to have them (and a new barracks) done in the near future.

Now when you put them all together! This picture also includes some of the new terrain I've been working on, mainly the cliffs & rice fields. On the right side you can see a Fu-Go balloon drifting off towards an enemy. In the centre bottom there are also several units with the Bushido buff.  
(click to enlarge)

Lastly here is a line up of all the Japanese ground units and fighter planes at this time, which total exactly 100 units! I remember the days when you could only have 100 units in your whole mod, back then I'd never would have imagined making one side with that many.  
(click to enlarge)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great job and I admire your dedication. It's amazing how much you've dedicated into this.

This also reminds me of something I plan for a long while now - related to your request which I haven't got done yet... it's still in my mind.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks awesome Mig, keep up the great work Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Great job and I admire your dedication. It's amazing how much you've dedicated into this.

This. Great looking structures, Mig. I like how some are adorned with Japanese calligraphy.

The only thing that pokes my eye is the Power Plant smoke. It has a dark edge that makes it look too solid.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TBH I really like that dark edge, gives it some character and style. Feels round and less flat.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic work Mig!

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love the kanji characters on the ground ! Very Happy

Edit: for an unknown reason I got a flashback from COD world at war #Tongue

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing as usual Mig  Razz

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work Mig Eater

See you on the beach in 30 years time :p

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the corrugated roof textures and construction junk scattered around Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... ... ...

Well, time to go and kill myself.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The dark edge on the smoke is because of the transparency & anti-aliasing of the particles. I didn't really think about it at the time, I was thinking yay animated smoke :3

For those interested the kanji translations are...

Conyard: Heavy industry (which is often used at the end of company names to denote their type of business, see below ect)
Factory: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Airfield: Numbers 1-6

No Aro don't go... We need your Alcohol Fueledness!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon