Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
Explosions for everyone
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [120 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inspired by this thread, I've thought of the following request. Could you make a new animation for the missing speed powerup? I had an idea of a spinning wheel (sideways, not perspective) that would suddenly accelerate, maybe creating smoke, sparks or even flames? Maybe something similar to this.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll add that to the TS remakes list.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using some of these in Scorched Earth Smile

boom.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  439.21 KB
 Viewed:  5683 Time(s)

boom.jpg

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another freebie, 32 direction flamethrower flame:

flame03_01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.5 KB
 Viewed:  5129 Time(s)

flame03_01.gif

flame03_01.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  flame03_01.zip
 Filesize:  7.41 MB
 Downloaded:  358 Time(s)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks very cool. The colors and animation is great.
However the inner detail size is too big. It makes it look like a small flame very close to the camera and not a big flame very far away from the camera.
Can you increase the number of inner details and also make the inner details smaller, like break up the big flame more into many smaller flames?

Right now i would say it only works when resized down to 30% so it can fit to a normal TS/RA2 flame thrower infantry, which then has a close 1 cell range attack.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

toasty

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great but since the flame source continues so long, this only seems applicable to something that doesn't rotate away quickly, and likewise against a target that doesn't move quickly too.

I would like to see this at 2/3 scale where the flame source gives out sooner...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Looks great but since the flame source continues so long, this only seems applicable to something that doesn't rotate away quickly, and likewise against a target that doesn't move quickly too.

Yeah, while this looks great, in the vanilla games (not sure about ORA), it's not very practical and might look bad if the unit shooting the flame starts moving (i.e. when its target moves outside its range); the firing anim sticks to the unit and moves along with it #Tongue

Hmm, could you also render one with a lighter smoke or none at all? I tested this in Tiberian Sun and the dark smoke looks rather out of place. It could be just a matter of taste, though.

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:

Another freebie, 32 direction flamethrower flame:

Its for RA2:YR? How can code it? I try to create and code flame animation but i fail...  Sad

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use it as a Firing animation, and depending on how many faces it has, code the Artmd.ini with Facings=**,And don't forget the Frames!! and as for the firing anim, MAKE SURE YOU ADJUST THE FLH OF YOUR TURRET/UNIT/INFANTRY, or else it would look weird...

EDIT #1: Make a new Weapon too!! (Duh?)

WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does anyone has the shp file for that 32 facing flamethrower flame? i tried to import it numerous times but shp builder always freezes

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had the same thing with long files. Just wait a minute or two and it should be imported. It depends on your computer, I think. Do not touch it while it imports.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im not touching anything while im importing but unfortunately it really freezes for like 2 seconds... and my computer isnt really that good i only have 2gb ram

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was able to make a SHP out of it fine with XCC Mixer, but SHP builder I ran out of memory as well with 8gb of ram. I feel like there may be a limit in SHP Builder as to how much it will allocate, but 2gb is really not much. Anyway, batch recoloring the blue to pink on all the images then using XCC Mixer to make it into a SHP should work.

EDIT: Annoying, but managed it all in XCC Mixer.

flame03_01_.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  flame03_01_.shp
 Filesize:  3.04 MB
 Downloaded:  142 Time(s)

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It took over half an hour to import but it worked for me, I've got 32gb to work with tho...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It only took few minutes with SHP Builder for me, but it takes far less time
with LKO's ImageShaper.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can create them from 1 file like:
[FLAME03_NNW]
Image=flame03_01_
Start=0
End=9
Rate=500

[FLAME03_N]
Image=flame03_01_
Start=10
End=19
Rate=500

etc.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
You can create them from 1 file like:
[FLAME03_NNW]
Image=flame03_01_
Start=0
End=9
Rate=500

[FLAME03_N]
Image=flame03_01_
Start=10
End=19
Rate=500

etc.

Doesn't actually work, not in RA2/YR at least. Believe those keys only get used with animations that play more than one loop, if even then.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Start, End should work fine. I would be very surprised if they messed up these working keys when adding RA2 stuff to the TS engine.

Some of the vanilla RA2 anims even use them (without the Loop* keys), like NAIRON_FD

LoopStart and LoopEnd are only used for defining the loops start and end frame, but not where the SHP should start or end playing. For that are Start and End, which are by default Start=0 and End=#frames_in_SHP.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 3 [120 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon