Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
OS HVA Builder 2.2 WIP 1
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [70 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just tried opening the turret's voxel alone, if I add a new frame it shows 2/0, not 1/2 or 2/2. You try and move the voxel around in the second frame and it forces itself straight back to its original position. Fun times.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry maybe...

OS_HVABuilder_2.2_WIP7.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  OS_HVABuilder_2.2_WIP7.rar
 Filesize:  423.13 KB
 Downloaded:  233 Time(s)

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I uploaded a video of the issue, this is after WIP7 too btw, thanks for the effort, it could be the voxel, could be my system I don't know.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is weird, either it's the way you're moving, the surface your mouse is on, or you have something wonky with drivers.

I would try another mouse with lower sensitivity settings in control panel, maybe enable mouse smoothing if possible?

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't think it's the mouse, it only bugs up with frames 2 onwards, everything else is flawless. Also only seems to be an issue with turrets, I can add additional frames to body animations with no problems.

Not sure if it helps but I editted the exact same model before, it wasn't until I decided to reedit that this started happening, but now it's with all models.

ayylmao on Discord

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And you're editing the turret opening it directly, not opening the whole unit right?

I can't imagine the program cares if a turret is a ****tur.vxl but stucuk can chime in about that. You can try renaming your voxel first? Maybe there's a conflict with section names?

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Removed the 'tur' from the voxel name and was able to add and edit a second frame just fine. Definitely seems like a xxxtur.vxl issue with the HVA builder.

Saved it and threw it in the game. Works fine however the voxel piece on the second frame looks almost black in some facings, is this a normals issue now?

ayylmao on Discord

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes because hva rotation rotates the normals with it... say you have 2 dot thick rectangle, the normals would have to be the same on both sides...

I made a 4 bladed spinning turret, much like the gap generator, and I replicated the normals on each corner, looked alright. If you are rotating a minigun barrel made of 4 tubes, the best option might be to rotate left 22 degrees from center, and the next frame 22 degrees right. With such little change the normals should still look ok...

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I just did that, at least it looks like it's moving, that's all I wanted. Smile

ayylmao on Discord

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's nice that GDI's Titan has voxel for legs, is moving voxel section (like walking vehicle or helicopter's rotor) impossible in TS? or is it possible by using hyperpatch or something?

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To answer your question:

Take a look at the Mammoth MKII Walker, it has multiple sections that are animated while being a voxel. So, it's not completely impossible, just positioning the Rotor of a Helicopter or a Propeller of a Plane is the problem, but the WW coded RA2 to have better voxel rendering than TS due to the Nighthawk Transport and other shenanigans WW used it for (Unused Hind, etc.) #Tongue

Anyway, forgive us for the 1 Year Bump of this topic Smile

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS engine doesn't support aircraft/heli rotor animation, no hacks for that.
Voxel animated mechs work.

Attaching an alternative grid.png for this tool.

AltGrid.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.51 KB
 Viewed:  7076 Time(s)

AltGrid.jpg

grid.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  grid.zip
 Filesize:  33.11 KB
 Downloaded:  25 Time(s)

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Anyway, forgive us for the 1 Year Bump of this topic

Im answering a question asked in 2016.

G-E wrote:
And you're editing the turret opening it directly, not opening the whole unit right?

I can't imagine the program cares if a turret is a ****tur.vxl but stucuk can chime in about that. You can try renaming your voxel first? Maybe there's a conflict with section names?

Looking at the code it will consider the base voxel (As in the one you load) as the main editable one. If you have a vxl/hva which has the same name but with  tur at the end (as in if your voxel is Blatur.vxl, it would consider Blaturtur.vxl as the turret).

So it only cares about tur.vxl/tur.hva if its in addition to the file your loading.

Code:
Procedure LoadVoxel(Filename : String);
begin
   VXLChanged := False;

HVAFrame := 0;
   HVAFrameT := 0;
   HVAFrameB := 0;

CurrentVoxelSection := 0;

LoadVoxel2(Filename,'.vxl',VoxelFile,VoxelOpen);
   LoadVoxel2(Filename,'tur.vxl',VoxelTurret,VoxelOpenT);
   LoadVoxel2(Filename,'barl.vxl',VoxelBarrel,VoxelOpenB);

If VoxelOpen then
   begin
      VXLFilename := Copy(ExtractFilename(Filename),1,Length(ExtractFilename(Filename))-Length(ExtractFileExt(Filename)));
      CurrentVoxel := @VoxelFile;
      CurrentSectionVoxel := @VoxelFile;
   end
   else
   begin
      VXLFilename := '';
      CurrentVoxel := nil;
      CurrentSectionVoxel := nil;
   end;

LoadHVA(Filename);

UpdateVoxelList;
   gTimer.ClearAverages;
   gTimer.Refresh;
end;

Code:
Procedure LoadHVA(Filename : string);
begin
   LoadHVA2(HVAFile,HVAOpen,Filename,'.hva');
   If not HVAOpen then
      CreateHVA(VoxelFile,HVAFile);

CurrentHVA := @HVAFile;

If VoxelOpenT then
   begin
      LoadHVA2(HVATurret,HVAOpenT,Filename,'tur.hva');
      If not HVAOpenT then
         CreateHVA(VoxelTurret,HVATurret);
   end
   else
   begin
      if HVAOpenT then
         ClearHVA(HVATurret);
      HVAOpenT := false;
   end;

If VoxelOpenB then
   begin
      LoadHVA2(HVABarrel,HVAOpenB,Filename,'barl.hva');
      If not HVAOpenB then
         CreateHVA(VoxelBarrel,HVABarrel);
   end
   else
   begin
      if HVAOpenB then
         ClearHVA(HVABarrel);
      HVAOpenB := false;
   end;
end;

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will you ever share the source code of this 2.2 WIP 7 version?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Will you ever share the source code of this 2.2 WIP 7 version?

No one asked for it before, so no one got it. But it may not be up to your standards, so i guess no one will contribute.

Note: You will need to remove VXLHVAUnit.pas from the project.

OS_HVA_Builder.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  OS_HVA_Builder.rar
 Filesize:  250.27 KB
 Downloaded:  134 Time(s)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you! Smile

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well done, nice improvement from the previous versions.  Cool

Midian-P
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Sorry maybe...

sorry for the bump but i get a error when opening the program.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Be more specific and explain every detail you can about this error you get. When it happens, what kind of message you get, if it prevents the program from continuing to run or not and your windows version and graphics card (sometimes the ones from Intel are problematic).

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you only download the WIP7 you won't have the other files or directories it needs. It was released purely as a patch to replace the exe in a functioning HVA Builder install.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum