Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Client
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 10 [481 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is another map with the same scenario lines called Twin Isles (4 player). Any idea on
its origin?

Twin Isles.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.51 KB
 Viewed:  17016 Time(s)

Twin Isles.jpg

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
There is another map with the same scenario lines called Twin Isles (4 player). Any idea on
its origin?

Is this in Retro?
If so then only the previous map 'The Pit' and the included 2 demo maps are official WW which aren't found in retail game.

Side note, the first demo map mission is actually shown in a pre-release TS video.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By 2006, I had put all MP maps in a single mix from TSTW, Retro, vanilla, mine and user made
maps. I am a bit lazy to dig up old CD backups to find out where it came from. If this isn't from
Beta, then no need to pursue further.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The detail level in Twin Isles seems much higher than in WW maps, so it seems likely that it's not official.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is a beta map. Asin, it's an unfinished/disabled map from RA2 converted to TS (mp07t4 there).

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
laserbeak
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When my mouse has Pointer Trails or when I use [Stardock] Cursor FX --the pointer is invisible in the in-game menu! Works fine on IE-DD but that lags sometimes. On Open RA I had to disable Hardware Cursors to get it to display the mouse pointer again, in-game. But thanks --the game is awesome!! & the cheats are indispensable --don't know how I played it before without it! 10/10 Best mod ever --doesn't tamper any features of the original game. If you could please fix this in a future update, thanks!

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats on the release with the new client. Nice work.

Looks like the demo maps are not included yet and the beta map.

Skirmish lobby options part doesn't get saved. Not an issue for me as I
play offline and put my choices as default in the INI.

Probably it could have more than 1 theme (e.g. GDI/Nod).

Github (ts-patches\src\mods) could have TSClient folder as well along
with the make file, just to keep track of which scripts are included.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Congrats on the release with the new client. Nice work.

Thanks!

E1 Elite wrote:
Looks like the demo maps are not included yet and the beta map.

Seems I forgot the beta map. I didn't have time for including the demo missions yet.

E1 Elite wrote:
Skirmish lobby options part doesn't get saved.

This is intentional, at least for now.

E1 Elite wrote:
Probably it could have more than 1 theme (e.g. GDI/Nod).

That'd be nice, but I don't have the time for creating them myself. If someone creates decent GDI/Nod themes for the client though, I'll be happy to include them as options.

E1 Elite wrote:
Github (ts-patches\src\mods) could have TSClient folder as well along with the make file, just to keep track of which scripts are included.

I'm planning to organize it so (and push my changes related to this client)  in the near future.

I just released update 5.31 that improves the client's trackbar graphics and fixes a bug that made it impossible to adjust the game speed while in-game.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah, was about to ask what changed.
nice work. thanks for the constant updates/improvements.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice update.

Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations on this release and thank you so much!

Two questions...

Did the script for air to air combat make it to this this version?

It seem like when I added new houses [old alt war factory tut] it broke the campaign for me...is there another step within the client itself that I need to adjust?

Thanks again!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when you add new houses, you have to edit all singleplayer maps and include that new house as well as checking all triggers and scripts if they still point to the correct house (some triggers/scripts point to a house via the index iirc, so by inserting a new house, you mess up the order)

Public SHPs

Tools

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for great update, I have some question about changes.

1) Does additional service depot repair aircraft or it is necessary to add next name to RepairBay=GADEPT ?

2) Is it possible to revert view of veteran/elite/medic icon so it displays only when selected?

3) I am not sure what was changed  to houses spawn logic, but when I adapt my mod for new client, GDI and Nod ui is swapped (sidebar, eva/cabal voice, cameos). GDI has cabal voice, red sidebar,cameos and vice versa for Nod. Any idea what settings could have impact on this behavior.

4) Setting spawn location is lot of easier now, but there is no way to set random spawn place, after location is occupied, there is no way to set back to random.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:
1) Does additional service depot repair aircraft or it is necessary to add next name to RepairBay=GADEPT ?

All repair bays now simply repair aircraft, regardless of whether they're included in the RepairBay= key.

Tuc0 wrote:
2) Is it possible to revert view of veteran/elite/medic icon so it displays only when selected?

Currently there's no option for that.

Tuc0 wrote:
3) I am not sure what was changed  to houses spawn logic, but when I adapt my mod for new client, GDI and Nod ui is swapped (sidebar, eva/cabal voice, cameos). GDI has cabal voice, red sidebar,cameos and vice versa for Nod. Any idea what settings could have impact on this behavior.

I don't currently know what could cause that, but in GameOptions.ini, go to [ForcedSpawnIniOptions] and set SidebarHack=yes. Check if the UI is correct in Skirmish then.

Tuc0 wrote:
4) Setting spawn location is lot of easier now, but there is no way to set random spawn place, after location is occupied, there is no way to set back to random.

Right-click on the occupied starting location and the location will be cleared of players.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for answers

^Rampastein wrote:

I don't currently know what could cause that, but in GameOptions.ini, go to [ForcedSpawnIniOptions] and set SidebarHack=yes. Check if the UI is correct in Skirmish then.

Yes, that fixed it. Thanks for help

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, later fixes are a miss like jumpjet crash fix.

Is there any significance to auto-replace language.dll through the launcher
exe when modded? There is always an alternative to change its name in
the game.exe.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
So, later fixes are a miss like jumpjet crash fix.

Enabled the jumpjet crash fix.

E1 Elite wrote:
Is there any significance to auto-replace language.dll through the launcher
exe when modded? There is always an alternative to change its name in
the game.exe.

The language.dll is just copied from the Resources\ directory so it fits the resolution that the user has selected.

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry. but i dont know how install maps. Game just not seeing it

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Put your map to Maps\Custom\, then in Skirmish / multiplayer it should show up under either the "Custom Map" or "Standard" game mode.

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It isnt work... game not seeing maps, But original tibsun work normally

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it does work.

Make sure your map has a ".map" file extension.

custommap.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  775.97 KB
 Viewed:  16173 Time(s)

custommap.png

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MPR isn't work ?

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

o ! i want to ask, it real create co-op map for client ?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure what kind of co-op maps you mean, but they're possible to make similar to either vanilla TS or how they have been done in Dawn of the Tiberium Age. For the latter (which offers a lot more possibilities for co-op missions), you need to make the map itself and add it to INI\MPMaps.ini.

There is no proper documentation for it, but you can download DTA and look at it as an example.

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for answers

gameaddict11707
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do you prevent the "cheater" dialog box from popping up when using a modified rules.ini file?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gameaddict11707 wrote:
How do you prevent the "cheater" dialog box from popping up when using a modified rules.ini file?

Update to the just-released version 5.36 (back-up your modified files first, because the update will overwrite them) and afterwards in Resources\ClientDefinitions.ini, set ModMode=true under [Settings].

Changelog:

Version 5.36 (March 19, 2017):

• Fixed: Jump-jets no longer have a chance of crashing the game when an ion storm starts (Credits: AlexB)
    • This was already fixed earlier, but 5.30 re-introduced this issue

• You can now enable ModMode= in Resources\ClientDefinitions.ini to disable the "Cheater!" screen that is shown when launching singleplayer missions with a modded game (Credits: Rampastring)
    • Like in prior client versions, enabling ModMode also completely disables the updater

• Fixed a few minor client issues (Credits: Rampastring)
  • FinalSun now gives saved maps the "Custom Map" game mode instead of the "Standard" game mode (Credits: Bittah Commander)

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just few thoughts: Is the game capable of spectating 8 AIs for testing maps/AI behavior?
Probably there can't be more than 8 players, so by something like letting AI to take control of your units?

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, I was thinking if this client could work with RA2 (since M.O. uses it)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It can't work with RA2. It can and does work with YR though. In addition to Mental Omega, the official CnCNet Yuri's Revenge client is based on this client.

I don't have plans of releasing a similar package for YR though, because YR is not free so I wouldn't be able to distribute the game with the client. And I wouldn't want the extra work on my plate either.

If you want to use the client with YR, you can copy the client files from this package or from MO, then apply Ares and copy the cncnet5.dll from MO, and enjoy.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The cncnet5.dll in MO has additional code that tampers with filenames to deal with the issue of vanilla files conflicting with MO and vice versa. Copying it over to use with most YR mods might not work out as intended.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Maybe a generic cncnet5.dll should be made and put up for download for casual YR modders. Although if someone doesn't care about Ares, they can also download the CnCNet Yuri's Revenge client and use that for modding.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, Yuri's Revenge client for non-Ares modders. And you'll put up a generic cncnet5.dll for casual Ares modders? Or did I get confused and went offtopic?  Confused

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
And you'll put up a generic cncnet5.dll for casual Ares modders?

I didn't promise anything, but it's a possibility.

leechy233
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
It can't work with RA2. It can and does work with YR though. In addition to Mental Omega, the official CnCNet Yuri's Revenge client is based on this client.

I don't have plans of releasing a similar package for YR though, because YR is not free so I wouldn't be able to distribute the game with the client. And I wouldn't want the extra work on my plate either.

If you want to use the client with YR, you can copy the client files from this package or from MO, then apply Ares and copy the cncnet5.dll from MO, and enjoy.

Since the basic CnCNet client won't happily work with Ares-equipped mods, and if all that I need is an Ares-compatible Spawner like the one used for MO, where should I begin? Sorry I might be off-topic.

dkeeton
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

leechy233
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Snargelfargen
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi!

Thanks for the work on this client, been having a great time replaying Tiberian Sun.

I've run into a bug in mission 15 of the NOD campaign (Rescue Jake Mcneil).
It takes 3 engineers to capture buildings in the GDI base in the SW part of the map, much as the multi-engineer tickbox in multiplayer does. Normal behaviour for the campaign is one engineer per building.
Also, capturing the refinery and silos does not add any Tiberium.
These 2 bugs make completing the primary objective impossible.

It's still possible to complete the mission the hard way, even if the first objective is failed. This isn't the intended behaviour though.

Cheers!

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Snargelfargen wrote:

I've run into a bug in mission 15 of the NOD campaign (Rescue Jake Mcneil).
It takes 3 engineers to capture buildings in the GDI base in the SW part of the map, much as the multi-engineer tickbox in multiplayer does. Normal behaviour for the campaign is one engineer per building.
Also, capturing the refinery and silos does not add any Tiberium.
These 2 bugs make completing the primary objective impossible.
!

Tested and worked fine for me. (Version 5.37). Have you modified any of map/exe/ini files? Or loaded game from previous client version?

Snargelfargen wrote:
15 of the NOD campaign (Rescue Jake Mcneil)

You mean Capture Jake Mcnei 11a mission?

e1k3
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have attempted to merge this amazing client with the TS:Retro modifications. everything appears to work, besides one minor and one major problem:

- shared structures and units (refinery, harvester, silo, repair bay, light infantry, mobile sensor array, mobile construction vehicle) have messed up cameos. they appear to be the standard ones with screwed up color palettes whilst the other ones are properly updated to render / cutscene screenshots.

- campaign missions do play videos but cause the game to crash after winning. game crashes when exiting. game crashes when winning or leaving a map.

what i did: install latest TSClient, enable modmode, download TS:R, drop all new files in their respective places. Missions.pkt and multi01.pkt which were in TS:R could not be placed since the directory structure is changed. i also could not find those in any other folder.

could someone help me out here? Sad

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

e1k3 wrote:
i have attempted to merge this amazing client with the TS:Retro modifications. everything appears to work, besides one minor and one major problem:

- shared structures and units (refinery, harvester, silo, repair bay, light infantry, mobile sensor array, mobile construction vehicle) have messed up cameos. they appear to be the standard ones with screwed up color palettes whilst the other ones are properly updated to render / cutscene screenshots.

Try to play with SidebarHack=False/True settings or mix files? (not sure how you have merged/replaced mix files from TSR)
e1k3 wrote:

- campaign missions do play videos but cause the game to crash after winning. game crashes when exiting. game crashes when winning or leaving a map.

Have you replaced exe files? When merging, adding ecache.mix and expand.mix + all ini files (Art, Rules, AI) should be enough for moving the TSR. replacing other files could break the game. Also I am not sure if TSR uses any of the exe hacks available in game.exe. Also not sure about movie mix files, I would suggest to not replace it with TSR and keep TS client movie mix files.
e1k3 wrote:

what i did: install latest TSClient, enable modmode, download TS:R, drop all new files in their respective places. Missions.pkt and multi01.pkt which were in TS:R could not be placed since the directory structure is changed. i also could not find those in any other folder.

could someone help me out here? Sad

Also all default missions doesn't have to be replaced (unless there are added additional TSR objects or completely new maps for TSR) I think that some missions for TS Client were bug patched/improved, but it shouldn't be issue.

I hope some of suggestions will help.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS Client uses MPMaps.ini instead of PKT files for MP/Skirmish maps.
Those maps can be placed under Maps folder into Customs or any folder
name of your chioce. Include PNG images of the correct dimension as
well as entries in MPMaps.ini with correct path. And check game mode
name, if you use a different folder name.

Also TSClient doesn't take a mix file inside another. So, if there are mix
files like ecacheXX.mix inside expandXX.mix, place them individually
in the Mix folder.

For the crash check if you have any old winsock DLL (wsock) in game
folder. Also there are log files in Client folder, check those.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, only older versions of the client didn't accept MIX files inside of other mix files because of the hack I used to make the folder structure work: I basically renamed all file names to include the sub-directory they were moved to (so having the game look for "MIX\Ecache02.mix" inside of "MIX\Expand02.mix" obviously won't work).
That hack has since been replaced with a new one from dkeeton that basically makes the game treat the MIX and INI sub-directories as CDs (so you could even for example put voxels in them and they'll work) and the internal file names no longer include the sub-directory name now. Thanks to that mix files inside of other mix files work fine again.

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to know that not only the functionality is restored but made better.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just found minor bug.

After building latest TS Client I have found that alt_to_undeploy patch interferes with IsLimpetMine=true key and disables ability to undeploy completely. Adding "MoveToUndeploy=no/yes"  key doesn't make any effect for limpet mine and cannot be undeployed (with or without ALT key).

Not sure if this patch is planned to be released in next TS Client version, just letting know about this bug before new release.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alt_to_undeploy is a bad "fix" imo anyway.
Why changing a feature that worked well (and just not everybody knew about) into one that doesn't works?
Pressing alt to create rally points for factories was perfectly fine.
Now the much more frequently used undeploying needs additional input while the rarely used rally points for factories doesn't need it anymore.
It's like replacing a well working single click with a bad working double click. More work for user with worse results.

TS is no RA2 and in this case porting RA2 user input to TS is a bad move, considering RA2 has almost no deployers (unit2building) whereas TS is full of them (Mobile warfactory, Limpetmine, Mobile Sensor array, tick tank, juggernaut, mcv, coredefender etc)

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:
Just found minor bug.

After building latest TS Client I have found that alt_to_undeploy patch interferes with IsLimpetMine=true key and disables ability to undeploy completely. Adding "MoveToUndeploy=no/yes"  key doesn't make any effect for limpet mine and cannot be undeployed (with or without ALT key).

Not sure if this patch is planned to be released in next TS Client version, just letting know about this bug before new release.

It was recently found by Crimsonum of the TI staff that enabling Alt-to-undeploy makes it impossible to undeploy units that don't have a weapon that targets land units. Maybe dkeeton will fix it in the future. But thanks for reminding me of it anyway Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Pressing alt to create rally points for factories was perfectly fine.

Factory rally points are not "directly" related to the alt-to-undeploy hack. It is possible to make it so that you can both undeploy units and set rally points without holding Alt. Alt-to-undeploy is just an additional option that the user can enable to prevent accidental undeploying. (Although with mobile war factories the situation of course becomes more complex)

Additionally, needing to hold Alt to create factory rally points is definitely not fine. It just makes the feature harder to use and inaccessible to most players. It hasn't been rare to get comments from people who have played TS and related mods for 15+ years that they haven't been aware of factory rally points because of the necessity for holding Alt. Removing the need for holding Alt makes TS match modern RTS standards (not only RA2, but every newer C&C game and other RTS games too) and makes factory rally points available for everyone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 10 [481 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon