Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
Who interesting to work with me on Openra Project? :p
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:  Who interesting to work with me on Openra Project? :p
Subject description: C&c4 version of Openra.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was plan to put C&c4 to Openra the different is this mod will feature base building and possible feature Forgotten as playable faction. [base design from Tiberian Alliance (and expect EA will not sue me for this :p)]  or Even Cabal [but not promise]

In order to finish this mod fast as possible I need help specialize Coder position to help me setup engine to fit for mod such as  Unit per factory build function , User Interface.

[Open Position]
- C&c4 Model extractor = You know i didn't intent to remodel them by my self? I need some one help me extract from the game. :p
- Coder = Setup Engine and function some unit for the game.
- Mapper = Make Map for mod
- 3D Animator = Animate+render model for me [Only work with original asset]
- Terrain artist = even i didn't expect anyone want to work on this position but this job still open.
- SFX manager = take care SFX for the game.

[What job i do]
- Model+Texture = Extra model such as building which not exist on C&c4.
- Convert C&c4 model to SHP for use in game.
- Paint job for UI , Cameo

[How the mod look like]
- 99% SHP work [1% might be voxel for debris]
- TS scale graphic.
- Start with 2 Factions GDI/Nod
- No sub faction plan. [I just hate to see sub factions list on faction menu nothing more]
- All C&c4 Sub faction will be mix into 1 faction however not all unit will include we will choose only what we think the best for their role and look.
- Large scale Battle with army proxy friendly.
- Since the engine might not handle all c&c4 function some unit might work different from their original design but we will try not to make them off their concept to much.

Why C&C4? Because I want to do it. :p

Last edited by Holy_Master on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not even remotely interested. C&C4 was bland in every way possible.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It might be different when It become 2D. :p

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As repeatedly asked, what would make this better or unique relative to any other C&C conversion?

Once you take away the obscene amounts of sparkly explosions and smoke effects, don't you really just have TS with perspecitive distortion?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
As repeatedly asked, what would make this better or unique relative to any other C&C conversion?

Once you take away the obscene amounts of sparkly explosions and smoke effects, don't you really just have TS with perspective distortion?

Yes if you compare to TS it can be just graphical change but some feature in Openra Allow me to do something I away want to do since YR [ROS mod] but can't do it perfectly.

- Air unit function like Starcraft. [Need for Airborne Battleship]
- General style aircraft.
- Unit per factory build function.
- Better Attack Move function.

But yeah I understand community want to see other mod that have more ambition than another GDI/Nod mod and truly I already design and made some thing about it for year but not ready to show it off for many reason. I hope this mod will teach me more about this engine.

and since I'm artist with no programming knowledge even I can think some feature different from what show in Openra I can't do it by my own anyway for now I need to design mod around my limit. If only I didn't lost ROS model many year ago it might be Openra version of ROS instead.

for now I didn't expect this mod to be huge until some people joint it.

Last edited by Holy_Master on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:06 pm; edited 4 times in total

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about tiberian incursion instead I would like to someone remake westwood's original plan for cnc 3 before EA screwed that up.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
How about tiberian incursion instead I would like to someone remake westwood's original plan for cnc 3 before EA screwed that up.

I have no info about your mod other than that no 100% info about how thing in WW version of incursion look like unit list , building deign. I use to see some of their concept but still not enough info to know how final game look like.

other than that I decide to make C&c4 conversion mod just because I don't want to spend my time make unit model for another C&c mod [I want to keep those job and design idea for my Original project] while this mod I can simply set render scene to convert EA model for it.

Last edited by Holy_Master on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I aim to create a Forgotten Faction along with cabal, but my rule is not to depend on EA's assets, I use either stuff from TS, RA2, public or made by me, personally I hate limiting myself into making stuff that already exists or remastering them. So if you need something that doesn't belong to c&c 3 and beyond, I could help you.

I don't like Arena RTS, but I think the crawlers could well in TS if they were implemented right, I was planning to make them at some point... A mobile factory that produces units, harvests and builds structures, would be a nice crate gift for players that just lost their base, or for custom gametypes.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Truly i also interest to try full function of crawler in this engine but I have problem on some design which likely not yet  support on this engine.

even some might said I can code engine to add extra function but you know I can't do that by my own...

- Tier Upgrade. [ I can't simply up tier or unlock new unit by just allow player build tire upgrade structure separate from crawler which destroy entire propose of having mobile base game play.

- Global unit/turret limit. [Ok C&c player hate unit limit but this's need in order to balance this kind of game I dont think any one want to see opponent turret flood entire map...]

- Each unit offer different build supply.

- Resource collecting function.

- Even I can do all of previous list I don't think AI will know how to play it and you know I can't do anything about it too..

with all those which's why mod still design around classic building only this alone make this mod play different from real C&C4.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As like the only C&C fan on this site that likes the game, I can help.

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to mix the best parts of C&C 4 and C&C 3 together like the normal base
structures, harvesters and te tib of C&C 3 and the units, defences and
mcvs(conyards) of C&C 4 for example, to get a better, deeper and much
nicer gameplay!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hassan_2030 wrote:
Try to mix the best parts of C&C 4 and C&C 3 together like the normal base
structures, harvesters and te tib of C&C 3 and the units, defences and
mcvs(conyards) of C&C 4 for example, to get a better, deeper and much
nicer gameplay!!!

Now that's a good idea.

Take the whole mobile base idea from C&C4 and turn it into endgame content. You know, like an oversized Fist of Nod/Mobile Warfactory/UEF Fatboy.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah as I said before I just try to make c&c4 with base building. All I want is some one can setup engine for me :p

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:

this is win for any mod
too bad nobody ever did anything #Tongue

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:
Isaac_The_Madd wrote:

this is win for any mod
too bad nobody ever did anything #Tongue

Indeed, also I have no clue how to mod OpenRA I was just throwing an idea out there.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can reDL my CnC4 and get what ever model you need.

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't you have the cc4 models i gave you?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon