Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
How to add objectives ?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EliteCadre
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:  How to add objectives ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've always tried to figure out how to display mission objectives in the maps I make but I can't find out how Sad
Can someone plz tell me how ?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

extract/open tutorial.ini and add new lines to it.
open the map and add a trigger with Action "11 Text Trigger" and select the line you want to display.

Note: when sharing the map, the other player needs your tutorial.ini as well.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

EliteCadre
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't find the tutorial.ini

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tibsun.mix -> local.mix -> tutorial.ini

extract it and then simply keep it in the TS folder.

Public SHPs

Tools

EliteCadre
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a lot, I've been struggling to figure this out Smile
is there a way to make the objectives display every 10 or 15 minutes ?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Set the trigger type to 'Repeating'.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
EliteCadre
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I've made the trigger and set the event to "building exists". The building is 77 Radar, but when I capture the radar, the game freezes without showing the objective, its audio also disappears after a few seconds much like when getting an internal error, but it doesn't give me an error or anything. Also, the objectives I assigned to be displayed when I start the map do not show up, is it because I've set for it a wrong event ? (13 Elapsed time)

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use the "Entered by..." action, specify the player's house in it, and attach the trigger to the radar.

As for the text trigger not working; either you're referring to non-existing (thus empty) string, the trigger is disabled or the time specified for the event is wrong.
Also since you want it to be shown immediately, you can just use the "Any Event" event.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

EliteCadre
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The trigger is not disabled, although I made another trigger to disable the initial one after I capture the radar. And the time is set 0, so the trigger can fire immediately.
Thanks for the help, I'm going to try what you said Smile

EliteCadre
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still, nothing shows up Mad

EliteCadre
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did everything correct, I placed the tutorial.ini as it is in the TS directory, I added the lines I want to display, and set the trigger to display the text, why wouldn't it work ??  #Mad  Sad

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The text action is broken in vanilla FinalSun. You need this fix.

This is actually a rather serious problem, I'm surprised there's no updated version of FinalSun around altogether (or does the Tiberian Sun Client come with the FinalSun fixes?).

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Final Sun I included with the client's TS build does come with all fixes from the topic you linked to and also several other fixes, such as a few clarified trigger action descriptions, a fixed place random tree tool, reading the TS installation dir directly from FinalSun.ini (Rampastring made the client automatically set the correct path in FinalSun.ini when the client is first started), updated trigger types, a far less annoying terrain placement sound (the same one I applied to the Final Sun included with DTA's builds) and possibly a few others that might have slipped my mind.

More fixes will be added in the future when other fixes (or bugs) are brought up, so feel free to mention any fixes or (fixable) bugs that might have been overlooked.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
EliteCadre
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EliteCadre
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nvm it IS the FinalSun you were talking about! Finally the text now shows! I've been banging my head towards the wall for too long now and saying WHY THIS NO WORK, but not anymore  Very Happy

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's mostly the same, although it's a bit outdated (it still has the old annoying high-pitched terrain placement sound for instance).

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, most prefer to disable the sounds altogether. This is done by adding NoSounds=1 under [UserInterface]
in FinalSun.ini

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt that most will still prefer this with the new sound, which doesn't annoy at all.

Also, I already included NoSounds=0 is already in FinalSun.ini, so people can easily just change it to 1 if they prefer to do so (I'd have added a setting in FinalSun itself, but in DTA's version I could only do that because I could repurpose one of the other settings that DTA has no use for).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I'd have added a setting in FinalSun itself, but in DTA's version I could only do that because I could repurpose one of the other settings that DTA has no use for.

You can use the useless Beginner mode setting and have it start by default in full mode.

Or use the SunEdit2k menu, which otherwise can be removed too imo.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The SE2K menu items can't be used because none of them write anything to FinalSun.ini (it's actually a simple matter to add new menu items, but they can all only use already existent functions), but replacing the Beginner mode setting was indeed a good idea.
I just applied the hack and it works perfectly (although like with DTA's version, the change only takes effect after you restart FinalSun), so this hack for FinalSun will most likely be included with the TS Client's next update.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
so this hack for FinalSun will most likely be included with the TS Client's next update.

Could include the trigger types (AND/OR once/repeat options) as well. It wasn't there in TSClient 3.63.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They were meant to be included, but it seems they're indeed missing. I applied the hack for the sound option to an exe that did include include the patched trigger and tag windows, so those will certainly be included with the next update as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon