Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Best C&C Indie poll (Round One)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:  The Best C&C Indie poll (Round One) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Update:
Final round is open: http://vote.pollcode.com/92888764
(Beware of ads unless you have pop-up blockers or plugins)

Mental Omega is now scratched from the list because it's not a standalone game. This is now a three-way free-for-all poll.

Old Update:
I have decided to add for the 20th C&C anniversary, a new poll for the best C&C Indie game. Only eight made it to this list excluding the incomplete Tiberium RPG game (which is Tiberium Chronicles) and WIP games like Generals 2 on the Unity 3D Engine and an untitled C&C game on the Unreal Engine 4.

(image not available but you can look at the one here: http://www.moddb.com/groups/command-conquer-westwood-fans-ea/news/the-best-cc-indie-poll-round-one)

This time I used Pollvote as the main voting site. If there is spam voting in Pollvote (in which I hope it should not happen) for that question, that question will be redone again into Strawpoll.me to limit spam voting. Although not official by EA and so is ModDB/IndieDB, this poll is just another fun poll, but this poll has never been done before. Next week I will set up round two of the polls.

Best C&C Indie -- Renegade-X vs. RA: A Path Beyond: http://vote.pollcode.com/88676661
Best C&C Indie -- Tiberium Crystal War vs. Tiberian Sun Reborn: http://vote.pollcode.com/65255612
Best C&C Indie -- Mental Omega (v3) vs. Open RA: http://vote.pollcode.com/84598428
Best C&C Indie -- Twisted Insurrection vs. The Dawn of the Tiberian Age: http://vote.pollcode.com/56742153

Note that Mental Omega (version 3) and Twisted Insurrection had became indies without the original C&C game(s). Also note that Open RA is the only exception for an indie mod tool game.

Also coming soon to Moddb (I hope), also for the C&C's 20th anniversary, I will set up a new C&C poll larger than the typical NCAA March Madness bracket. So far my bracket is almost done, just missing out some new released C&C mods I have yet to see before.

Last edited by zocom7 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Note that Mental Omega (version 3) and Twisted Insurrection had became indies without the original C&C game(s).

We did what?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
Quote:
Note that Mental Omega (version 3) and Twisted Insurrection had became indies without the original C&C game(s).

We did what?

Must have been some Speeder from the future

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

badbully
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
Quote:

We did what?

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

the twisted insurrection called standalone and mental omega is just a mod plus you don't understand the meaning of indie do you?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

badbully wrote:
Speeder wrote:
Quote:

We did what?

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

the twisted insurrection called standalone and mental omega is just a mod plus you don't understand the meaning of indie do you?

I know what indie means.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mental Omega was not authorized by EA to become a stand-alone, as far as I've heard. So, yes it is a modification.... a great modification.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mods included as Indie games, i can facepalm this... :3

zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought Mental Omega is standalone since the 3.0 version uses Ares and does not require RA2/YR. I might have confused something there. If Mental Omega 3.0 is a mod, it would had in-game saves.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zocom7 wrote:
I thought Mental Omega is standalone since the 3.0 version uses Ares and does not require RA2/YR. I might have confused something there. If Mental Omega 3.0 is a mod, it would had in-game saves.

MO does use Ares, but it also requires RA2/YR, like Ares itself. Right now Ares removes save game support from YR though, which is why you can't save in MO.

You should do your research better.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zocom7 wrote:

The mod is 2 years old and you are surprised that it has no s/l because probably you didn't even know that Ares doesn't allow for s/l in it's current state? You should stop making these polls if you do no research, zero.

zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!