Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
Introducing RedAlert++
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject:  Introducing RedAlert++
Subject description: An open source re-implementation of the C&C Red Alert engine. Written from scratch in C++.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Introducing

An open source re-implementation of the C&C Red Alert engine. Written from scratch in C++.
www.openredalert.org     www.twitter.com/OpenRedAlert

OpenRedAlert is a project to create an accurate reimplementation of the game engine used for the classic Westwood Studios RTS, Command & Conquer: Red Alert in C++.

The team developing this are fans of the game who want to see it preserved and ensure it can be enjoyed properly on modern platforms. They do not have access to any of the original source code, and the project is being developed from scratch through careful examination and comparison to the original. This is to ensure that the new engine is as true to the original engine as possible, guarantee an authentically retro gaming experience. The project is not endorsed, sponsored or in any other way connected to EA/Electronic Arts and and has no intention to profit from the endeavour.

In the coming months, we will be posting regular updates and working towards a public release in the near future.

- Utilises the latest open source graphic and audio libraries (SDL, OpenGL and OpenAL). -
- Fully compatable with the original game, allowing you to run the compiled binary as a direct replacement of your original installation. -
- Fixes bugs that appear in the original game, without losing gameplay authenticity. -
- Built on years of thorough research into core gameplay dynamics to deliver a genuine experience. -
- Allows you to continue playing your favourite RTS on a device of your choice. -

Q: Why develop another Red Alert engine from scratch, if we already have FreeRA, FreeCNC and OpenRA...
A: FreeRA and FreeCNC are far from complete and appear to be abandoned while OpenRA is focusing on reimagining the classic Westwood RTS titles with modern era twists such as features found later Command and Conquer titles or other RTS games. Our focus is on a classic recreation with great attention to detail on the core mechanics, more akin to OpenDUNE, hence the new project.

Q: Why is it called OpenRedAlert, wasn't there already existing project called OpenRedAlert?
A: Correct, but the project has been inactive for some years now. We approched the creator, Damien some time ago now and asked the status of the project, and if it was currently inactive, could we use the name OpenRedAlert. Damien's project is still being developed in private and he has given us permission to use the name and hopfully in the future we can bring him on board to help with development.

Q: Where to download latest version of OpenRedAlert?
A: At the moment, OpenRedAlert is being developed in private so we can ensure the basic engine works as required. Once we are happy with the state of the engine, we will release a public build and also create a public repository on GitHub.

Q: What do I need to run OpenRedAlert?
A: It's simple! - All you will need is a installation of the original C&C Red Alert (patched to 3.03), and a compiled binary from the OpenRedAlert source code, be that from a preview build or from the public repository yourself. EA released C&C Red Alert as Freeware in celebration of the release of Red Alert 3 and it is now possible to legally download a copy from the EA servers or official mirrors.

CCHyper
Core Engine Programmer
- C&C Engine Researcher -

OmniBlade
Core Engine Programmer
- SDL and OpenGL -
- Cryptography & Algorithms -
- Cross Platform Deployment -

Additional Contributions
tomsons26 - Branding Artwork and Design
Tore - Web Technical Support
Grant - Web Technical Support
CNCNet Network - Website Hosting

If you are a fan of using social media, you can also or for updates and other information.

Last edited by CCHyper on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't wait! Very Happy

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you need a forum, PPM has a place for you Wink. Just PM me if you are interested.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
If you need a forum, PPM has a place for you Wink. Just PM me if you are interested.

Thanks Banshee, your support is always appreciated. At the moment we have a forum on the CNCNet forums. But if we ever get to a point where the project is being modded, PPM would be the best place to host this!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds interesting as ORA is very different in feel to the original. Would be more interesting if there were screenshots. #Tongue

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will support for diamond-shaped cells ever be added? Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Will support for diamond-shaped cells ever be added? Razz

If a time comes where we choose to extend the engine further than the original design goal, possibly. But for now, the focus is on the nice little 24x24 pixel tiles!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I'll use this if such a time comes then, if I'm not already using OpenRA at that point.

To be honest though, you should really consider a name change because for the people looking for either this or OpenRA and also for the people just talking about either project, it's going to be confusing as hell.

OpenRA is already frequently abbreviated as ORA and I can't think of any other abbreviation for this...
Even "Open Source Red Alert" (OSRA) or "Red Alert Open" (RAO) would be better already.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
To be honest though, you should really consider a name change because for the people looking for either this or OpenRA and also for the people just talking about either project, it's going to be confusing as hell.

OpenRA is already frequently abbreviated as ORA and I can't think of any other abbreviation for this...
Even "Open Source Red Alert" (OSRA) or "Red Alert Open" (RAO) would be better already.

This topic has been discussed in great length already. Like Question 2 covers in the FAQ, we are the spiritual successor to the original OpenRedAlert, as Damien mentioned to us he does not have the time to support such a large project anymore, so it seemed fit for us to continue hes project, but starting from scratch so we can focus on our goals of recreating the game engine with great attention to the core mechanics.

We have decided that we are sticking with OpenRedAlert.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There isn't much in the way of screen shots yet, but here is a shp blitter test. The fuzzy line is in fact the stealth blur from TD. This shows some of the main draw effects we've already implemented. The menu screen pcx isn't in the main RA palette hence the odd colours.

blit_test.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.98 KB
 Viewed:  5450 Time(s)

blit_test.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking forward for the first public release.
Good luck for this "RA++" project. Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
This topic has been discussed in great length already. Like Question 2 covers in the FAQ, we are the spiritual successor to the original OpenRedAlert, as Damien mentioned to us he does not have the time to support such a large project anymore, so it seemed fit for us to continue hes project, but starting from scratch so we can focus on our goals of recreating the game engine with great attention to the core mechanics.

We have decided that we are sticking with OpenRedAlert.

It's not like you can't be the spiritual successor of the original OpenRedAlert project anymore if you change the name. Having a nearly identical name to an already existing and (currently) far better known project and confusing hundreds of people isn't going to benefit anyone in the long run.
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Sounds like a good name. I guess we'll just call it that from now on Smile

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't mean to sound like I disapprove of the project, it's cool and I don't quite like the feel that OpenRA has for some reason, but couldn't you just make a mod for OpenRA that goes more for a classic take on Red Alert. It's not like the official mods are the only ones possible. There was one in existance but I believe it to be defunct.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not as simple as just "making a mod" for OpenRA, the OpenRA engine works very differently to the Red Alert engine and is written in a different language.
The aims of the two projects are different and so long as there are people wanting to work on both approaches I don't see it as being an issue.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
It's not like you can't be the spiritual successor of the original OpenRedAlert project anymore if you change the name. Having a nearly identical name to an already existing and (currently) far better known project and confusing hundreds of people isn't going to benefit anyone in the long run.
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Sounds like a good name. I guess we'll just call it that from now on Smile

I do understand your point of view, and I have spoken in length to the OpenRA team regarding this. I would prefer if you did not add an alias to the project that would greater confuse people. The name is OpenRedAlert, and it should be referenced as such.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fair enough, though I have my doubts that the end user experience will be much different either way. Looks promising so far though.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh look, another project trying to reinvent the same wheel a third time!

If this was the reason that made HyperPatch fall, then I'll miss HyperPatch.

I guess the CnCNet players will find this helpful but otherwise I don't think this has the chance to catch up against OpenRA ever - I fail to see why the language is important. The OpenRA is not RA aspect is kinda amusing because it wouldn't take much effort to fork it, replace the RNG, accuracy calculation etc.

But I guess reinventing the wheel is good.

Announcing this without a public repository before a beta version is available sounds suspicious to me as well - like if even you two realized that the thing needs desperate support from the outside to sustain.

Mind you, OpenRA had 4 coders at the start, pchote, chrisf beegee and someone I keep forgetting the name of - and up 'til around 2011, it was pretty much just their playground.

Ah well, the idiot of the topic award goes to Bittah. Imminently asking for a feature which took OpenRA 7 years to set up makes sense. Although considering how much he's interested in OpenRA - iow not even remotely - , it actually doesn't surprise me neither.

I would wish you luck, but really, right now I fail to see what will push this over the breakthrough and what would make this different compared to FreeRA or OpenRedAlert or the many other never-finished remakes.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Ah well, the idiot of the topic award goes to Bittah. Imminently asking for a feature which took OpenRA 7 years to set up makes sense. Although considering how much he's interested in OpenRA - iow not even remotely - , it actually doesn't surprise me neither.

Or maybe he should've used the sarcasm sign, since it's apparently not clear enough for everyone.

Quote:
Although considering how much he's interested in OpenRA - iow not even remotely - , it actually doesn't surprise me neither.

Sorry, but you're making wrong assumptions. OpenRA looks quite promising to us, but we've heavily invested in the TS engine (the client, lots of INI code, our ~130 maps/missions to name a few examples), and so it doesn't make sense for DTA to switch to OpenRA unless we don't lose capabilities or a lot of content in the switch. If OpenRA catches up to TS with the necessary features (tunnels, terrain animations, etc.) and DTA's existing content can be ported over without spending hundreds or thousands of hours on it, it's very likely that we will make the switch one day.

That must've been one of the most stupid posts of yours that I've ever seen on this forum.

I personally wish Hyper good luck with the project.

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:29 pm; edited 3 times in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

If this was the reason that made HyperPatch fall, then I'll miss HyperPatch.

I guess the CnCNet players will find this helpful but otherwise I don't think this has the chance to catch up against OpenRA ever - I fail to see why the language is important. The OpenRA is not RA aspect is kinda amusing because it wouldn't take much effort to fork it, replace the RNG, accuracy calculation etc.

But I guess reinventing the wheel is good.

Announcing this without a public repository before a beta version is available sounds suspicious to me as well - like if even you two realized that the thing needs desperate support from the outside to sustain.

Mind you, OpenRA had 4 coders at the start, pchote, chrisf beegee and someone I keep forgetting the name of - and up 'til around 2011, it was pretty much just their playground.

I would wish you luck, but really, right now I fail to see what will push this over the breakthrough and what would make this different compared to FreeRA or OpenRedAlert or the many other never-finished remakes.

1). HyperPatch has ceased development for a few reasons, one of them being this project.
2). This project is not affiliated with the views or goals of CNCNet, they nicely offered to host our official forums.
3). We are not trying to reinvent the wheel, we have a different goal in mind and we have full support from the OpenRA developers.
4). This project has been in development for a very long time, with most of the growth in the last 2 years. Behind the scenes, we are developing steam at a fast rate, mostly due to the skillset of OmniBlade. We have a very efficent workflow.

Dynamo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Yes, as far as the guideline indicate, people are free to start whatever projects they wish to start without ignorant bigots like you making dumb comments.

Graion Dilach wrote:

The fact this guy wanted to make a brand new project must mean he has more than good enough a reason to do that instead of forking OpenRA or whatever (and considering how immensely flawed openra is at recreating original C&C fast paced gameplay this is hardly surprising). But wait, I forgot! You're biased in favor of OpenRA cause that's where your mod resides now. Shouldn't expect even remotely objective arguments from you.

Graion Dilach wrote:

Way to go, insulting one of the relevant and more productive members of our community for no reason at all beyond pure bitterness. Besides, you talk of OpenRA taking 7 years to implement a feature: weren't you the one that started working on ARES then completley abandoned the features you were working on in the middle of it, or released others in unfinished state? And you, of all people, have the nerve to complain? You sure are the king of hypocrites.

^Rampastein wrote:
That must've been one of the most stupid posts of yours that I've ever seen on this forum.

Besides the stupidity of it all what's even worse is that he feels no shame in posting such bullshit - first, he's practically doing blatant openra propaganda for no reason at all ("wow these guys don't contribute to openra so they must not be very professional"). But more, especially in this day and age where C&C is more or less officially dead and only survives thanks to mods and fangames, he has the nerve to criticize that someone will put effort into making something that allows the community to thrive even further. He should be glad that people like CCHyper do this work for all of us but because he's biased and shameless, he makes absurd assumptions and posts bullshit. And this is as I said considering all the shit he has done.....

Graion Dilach wrote:

Indeed, I wish CCHyper all the best luck for his project, and I hope he won't let clueless bigots dictate what he should or shouldn't do, especially when it comes from those who are guilty of every negative point they've mentioned. I rest my case.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
3). We are not trying to reinvent the wheel, we have a different goal in mind and we have full support from the OpenRA developers.

You see twenty shades of pink. I see pink. Explain please.

CCHyper wrote:
4). This project has been in development for a very long time, with most of the growth in the last 2 years. Behind the scenes, we are developing steam at a fast rate, mostly due to the skillset of OmniBlade. We have a very efficent workflow.

Two years? That's cool, I thought it's only for mere months. That actually sounds promising. Sorry, but without proof - and screenshots doesn't do for me, I've sold nonexistant projects already with three design screenshots only existing - , I can't really tell a difference between a months-old and a years-old project. And the sole thing which implies this being worked on is a comment from Blade regarding RA SHP encoding some months ago - the one Donut chopped off from his Blender showcase topic.

Rampa, you agreed with me on the other day why a converter would be a bad idea yet now you insist on a converter. It's the units which would take time to convert over - you could hack the map converter to convert terrain animations into 1x1 passable buildings, so pretty much only tunnels and the walker's railgun are missing afaik - iirc you don't use Bouncy at all.

And now, to Mr Lurker. I like how you came in and calling me a hypocrite and how you only mention Ares.

I know it's hard for lurkers to grasp that I left Ares mostly because I fed up with the community and I gladly jumped to OpenRA because it means I don't have to deal with the utter idiocy happening here.

Because, you see, besides assisting Ares I pretty much helped everyone here. Usually I told Mr Random Idiot Modder how to achieve what he wants between two bitterings.

On the other hand I can't stand idiots - and somehow they just grow more and more. Starting from Butthead with his TibEd policy and utter stupid ad hominems, continuing with zlixine doing crazy (oh look he's even back wtf), carrying on with Millennium who is the true hypocrite of the forum - he listen, but he doesn't care because hell, he doesn't have to - etc etc etc. I could list more.

I seen them. I dealt with them. I got fed up with them. But lurkers only see that "he left Ares".

Hell, I'm within the top twenty posters of PPM without a closed staff forum and you can guess that if we only assume just a quarter of those were assisting posts, then I did already more than 80% of this community.

To put it bluntly, when I started modding, I was enthusiastic about it - then this enthusiasm waded off somewhere between explaining basic INI tags/ModEnc/logics the umpteenth time. I'm not a parrot.

And considering what a random lurker sees from it - it just proves how vain all efforts I poured into this community became.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Rampa, you agreed with me on the other day why a converter would be a bad idea yet now you insist on a converter. It's the units which would take time to convert over - you could hack the map converter to convert terrain animations into 1x1 passable buildings, so pretty much only tunnels and the walker's railgun are missing afaik - iirc you don't use Bouncy at all.

I agreed with you on why a Rules.ini converter is a bad idea, and I still agree. However, on my previous post I was talking about converting content; content to me mainly means playable content, also known as maps and missions. A map converter (preferably with support for the TS trigger system) is absolutely necessary for there to be any hope of DTA using OpenRA. Coding DTA's INIs and such to YAML will be a trivial task compared to recreating 130 maps/missions.

As for what's still missing from OpenRA for it to be usable for DTA; a lot of the stuff included here: https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/7874

Not forgetting core basics like the game speed slider, infantry targeting and the map scrolling logic that is currently superior in TS.

Naturally, if OpenRA progresses promisingly enough, I could possibly help to implement some of those features if I find the time. Right now there's too much work that would need to be done though.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

You see twenty shades of pink. I see pink. Explain please.

If you have problems discriminating colours, maybe you should take an Ishihara test.

Graion Dilach wrote:

Two years? That's cool, I thought it's only for mere months. That actually sounds promising. Sorry, but without proof - and screenshots doesn't do for me, I've sold nonexistant projects already with three design screenshots only existing - , I can't really tell a difference between a months-old and a years-old project. And the sole thing which implies this being worked on is a comment from Blade regarding RA SHP encoding some months ago - the one Donut chopped off from his Blender showcase topic.

You might have also missed the fact that RA and TD now have a stereo sound track available for use in game thanks to research done on this project. The comment regarding SHP encoding was a prelude to a tool that correctly compresses shp files and a tool for writing wsa files which people had struggled to write working versions of before. I've already released the code for the lcw(format80) and XORDelta(format40) encoders that I used for people to improve existing tools as well.

Graion Dilach wrote:

On the other hand I can't stand idiots - and somehow they just grow more and more. Starting from Butthead with his TibEd policy and utter stupid ad hominems, continuing with zlixine doing crazy (oh look he's even back wtf), carrying on with Millennium who is the true hypocrite of the forum - he listen, but he doesn't care becausI know it's hard for lurkers to grasp that I left Ares mostly because I fed up with the community and I gladly jumped to OpenRA because it means I don't have to deal with the utter idiocy happening here.

Because, you see, besides assisting Ares I pretty much helped everyone here. Usually I told Mr Random Idiot Modder how to achieve what he wants between two bitterings.

On the other hand I can't stand idiots - and somehow they just grow more and more. Starting from Butthead with his TibEd policy and utter stupid ad hominems, continuing with zlixine doing crazy (oh look he's even back wtf), carrying on with Millennium who is the true hypocrite of the forum - he listen, but he doesn't care because hell, he doesn't have to - etc etc etc. I could list more.

I seen them. I dealt with them. I got fed up with them. But lurkers only see that "he left Ares".

Hell, I'm within the top twenty posters of PPM without a closed staff forum and you can guess that if we only assume just a quarter of those were assisting posts, then I did already more than 80% of this community.

To put it bluntly, when I started modding, I was enthusiastic about it - then this enthusiasm waded off somewhere between explaining basic INI tags/ModEnc/logics the umpteenth time. I'm not a parrot.

And considering what a random lurker sees from it - it just proves how vain all efforts I poured into this community became.

What are you looking for, a pat on the back? Some validation of your efforts? I'm sure you'll find your fair share of idiots in the OpenRA community that you will have to explain the same things to for the upteenth time too, its just shiny and new for you at the moment so you enjoy explaining it. Fact is you complained about other projects being abandoned and abandoned one yourself. Your justification is irrelevant, the people that left other projects will have had justifications that to them were just as valid, so I don't see why the fact you weren't appreciated enough is somehow more important than theirs.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Calm down. I don't get what you are fighting over here. Having a true to the original re-implementation using native low-level languages has been a long term wish of the http://cnc-comm.com community. Something that can't be easily achieved with OpenRA. We actually told them to stop complaining and start their own project if they wanted. It was meant to shut them up Smile primarily, but now they delivered. Can't wait to see it.

Obviously OpenRA can't simply be converted and the project scope is a bit different much in favor of improving moddability even beyond to become a very general engine for 90s RTS games. Seeing how many Dune 2 http://osgameclones.com/ exist most of them being direct derivatives, I don't see the reason why not to create another one for RA95. After all everyone is free to do whatever he wants. You can make suggestions, but you have no right to judge in an aggressive tone.

Although OpenRA or Open Red Alert is not protected by trademarks or anything I am happy we came to a conclusion that helps people differentiate the projects. Good luck with RedAlert++!

Last edited by Matthias M. on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I've "lost that lovin feelin" but why is RA1 suddenly so attractive to people? Have these RA2/YR mods all become so corny and predictable? Have people played the same maps too much?

I don't geddit...

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Maybe I've "lost that lovin feelin" but why is RA1 suddenly so attractive to people? Have these RA2/YR mods all become so corny and predictable? Have people played the same maps too much?

I don't geddit...

Suddenly? Maybe you should just open your eyes and look past PPM: http://cncnet.org/network-status

RA1 has been the most popular Command & Conquer online game for years. Ever since I started using CnCNet in 2011 RA1 has been more popular than everything else combined.

Dynamo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade wrote:
What are you looking for, a pat on the back? Some validation of your efforts?

Without wanting to stir the pot again, I'll just leave it here that many of those so-called "assist posts" were mostly him spewing hate towards noob modders too, since pretty much the very start. So yeah.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On another note good luck with RedAlert++, I have to admit the original name did confuse me but if it is productive and you are committed to it, than I wish you the best of luck.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon