Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
RA 2/YR Perfect mod
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Do you like the ideas and believe it could work?
Great vision !! Can't wait
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Interested, but is it possible?
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Been there, done that. Didn't work!
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

swepunk
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject:  RA 2/YR Perfect mod
Subject description: Is it possible to make the perfect mod?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently started playing this amazing game again after the offer on Origin, and after playing some hours it turns into the old again. I decided to look for mods, and theres some great work out there, but really not what i was looking for, and i must say i was disapointed to look around, I could'nt find something new.. Maybe the game is to old?

So what my mind is up for is to find some pll who know about this, where to find "The perfect mod" or maybe help me get my ideas into reality...

My first thought was about nations.. why was never nations like (below) not in any mods.

Israel, China, Turkey, India, Japan, Brazil, Algeria, Mexico, Vietnam, Italy, Congo, South Africa, Colombia, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, UAE, Kuwait, Afghanistan, ISIS etc. etc.

Not saying all of them, but some would give it a real-time 3WW aspect with their own special units. And more possible factions and very iconic modern warfare.

I always thought the game lacked in amount of different units, infantry, realistic modern TANKS, different planes and heavy battle ships and more..

To this would be huge variation in builds, different tech-trees to make the game make it's highest potential.

Is all this just impossible or should C&C make this in a new game?
Or does this exist, just outside my radar?

I'm not exactly the master in making mods, units and buildings but i wonder why this was never done. And how hard is it?

Thank you for your time.. Smile

//Swepunk

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Depends what you're looking for... honestly sounds like D-Day is the most appropriate as it has a lot of unique factions which are real world countries, about a million units, and a real setting, but it's WW2.

If you wanted something RA2 style but with modern nations and such, it kind of doesn't suit IMO. I think just adding more random, real countries and giving them to the existing RA2 sides feels old. Not to mention it's very hard to make a lot of countries genuinely unique.

I think modern mods tend to try cut back on the superfluous stuff, like lots of countries, but add more real gameplay additions and changes, like a few factions that actually play differently unlike vanilla.

Not to say you can't do it, but I think this is where the community is at the moment, at least what's left of it.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no "Perfect" Mod like there are no "Perfect" Fans.
You have people who want realism, others who want gameplay.

Having Realistic sized tanks and infantry is a good example, You wither have too small infantry, or you have to rescale every building asset for the new vehicle zise. Some people would say go for it, others would think it's a pain in the butt.

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Swepunk, there isn't anything that you described ( atm ), adding to what O-bolt and Zen_Zom said making a mod isnt that easy its serious business if you want to make it perfect to the extent that you said about, most of us spend countless hours trying to prefect/Balance/add/Unique-ize/Gather-info/generate-ideas just towards making a Decent to good playable mod.

PLUS realism tend be some times iffy in the way off you have to be aware of [ political and cultural barriers ] and also clichés with stereotypes these offend people the most. also you have to be ready to accept/deal with some angry messages and comments pooping every now and then from trolls/uneducated/closed minded people to a certain extent IF you cross the line or unwilling step foot on a land mine.

You ought play generals,Art of war, AoA, ArmA, End-war or world in conflict as they may have what you prescribed.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just Make it fun. Realism is fun to some, Speed is fun to others, action is fun to a lot, and story is fun to many.

Use your gut, and if you get people, You might be on a track.

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Ricknewbie
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sounds pretty like Algerian Major. Please ask him, he is also the member of PPM ... as long as i know, he was making the same/similar project ..  Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!