Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ideas & suggestions
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 11 of 16 [800 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virgil: thanks for your suggestions and no thanks for questioning my visions for my mod - a ship drop is quite cool, pretty cinematic and emphasizes naval combat a bit more . More important: TechLevel=-1 on units wil prevent them from being built by AI even though the AI has it's own logic of producing teams with triggers utilizing task forces via aimd.ini.; please test before making claims that are wrong and misinforming. I had this discussion and confirmation before, this is a modding myth as is techLevel=11.
I tested it again with the help of a debug log and while miners are excluded from this logic all other units E1, GGI, ADOG, TANY, ORCA do not appear on the same map, same timeframe, same conditions when their TechLevel=-1.
Maybe Alex is going to solve it, he looks at the code right now.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI does respect TechLevel when building units but ignores Prerequisite.

To make an ai-only unit, just put some unbuildable building into Prerequisite List to prevent human player building.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TechLevel=-1 units are not created by AI. I did update ModEnc myself, the lines below the table.

Could try setting [GlobalControls] -> AllowBypassBuildLimit=yes,yes,yes and then use BuildLimit=0 on the AI only buildable units.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virgil wrote:
TechLevel=-1 doesnt prevent AI from building it and TechLevel=11 prevents everyone from building it, AI also doesnt respect Prerequisite=.

This is possible if you're handling RA2 and MP INIs there (someone please re-confirm here), but not YR with Ares.
I just tested it myself on every tank in mpbattle.ini as well as rules.
The AI doesn't build them or the test building which also got TechLevel=-1.

Hmm... Is there a way to make tanks player-buildable, but not for the AI? From what ModEnc says, AIBuildThis is purely for buildings...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Checked it again and it turned out to be so, sorry for that line. I didnt pay too much attention to AI things and what I can remember is that setting TechLevel=-1 in single player maps didnt prevent AI from building those units in YR with Ares, so is there something different between map ini and rules, when they are treated by the game engine, or between SP and MP maps?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Hmm... Is there a way to make tanks player-buildable, but not for the AI? From what ModEnc says, AIBuildThis is purely for buildings...

It's called leaving them out of ai(md).ini. :p

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very useful idea: DebrisNumber for different types of debris. It is useful in mods with turrets and pilots in debris. I hate when tank explode to two turrets or one corpse without metal debris.

Silentrzk
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

greetings ppm. i've registered but i've been lurking here for a while. i would like to share my requests here and i hope anyone, especially AlexB, can share their thoughts about my requests.

1. a tag that warhead with MindControl=yes can bypass ImmuneToPsionics=yes

2. make helicopters "face their enemies" when attacking and not relying to OmniFire=yes tag on their weapons

3. make Cloakable.Powered work for units too

4. a "rage" mode that when an unit is in critical health, it will increase its abilities such as firepower, ROF, others. let's say adrenaline rush? lol

5. have a tag for country that can only be selected by RandomSelect. this is for making sides/countries that acts like a secret or boss side/country and much better if only AI can pick this

6. have ally damage modifier tag. this is for units with destructive death weapons

7. be able to remove trees when placing buildings on trees

8. individual cost for a specific TechnoType by country. Example tag would be Cost.CountryA=, Cost.CountryB=, and so on

chr0nicz420 wrote:

* Regarding the thread that I created. Something like, make a tag that is applicable for AI that when they encounter enemies, they will use their deploy weapon instead of the standard weapon. Something like "AI.UseDeployWeapon=yes" tag. This is for the sake of returning the RA2's GI behavior when they approach targets. NOTE: I've check EVERYTHING RELATED TO AI.INI, AIMD.INI, AND THEIR GI'S SCRIPTS and they have NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever so there might be some changes or problems on GI's behavior on YR engine.

i am playing both RA2 and YR and i agree that there might be some changes in the engine and units with Deployer and deploy weapon got wonky

to expand your request sir, i think it is better if they will make AI more intelligent on selecting their weapons between their primary weapon and deployed weapon. example would be Guardian GI will use primary weapon against infantry but will use deployed weapon against vehicles and air units when they face them or a unit with anti ground weapon as its primary and it also has anti air weapon as its deploy secondary weapon and AI be able to distinguish what weapons should they pick when they face either a ground unit or an air unit

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fix AE can't cover air unit

KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why attache effects not visible in cloackaeble unit and no option hide attache effects enemy ?

This problem for active/passive mode for cloackable unit and other unit in deploy mode (Using Convert.Deploy)
Enemy know mode(unit) player, this very bad.

Ollerus
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[Infantry] ProduceAmount=(integer, default to 1)
When producing this infantry type, the Barracks will generate such amount of infantry at once. Think of Red Guard in Generals.

[Supwerweapon] could we update SW.AITargeting to make it support different AI difficulties? (or by new tags)
Also this: SW.TechLevel=(integer, default to 10), decide you can use this superweapon in which TechLevel.

Also I'm suspecting that mind control is somewhat broken (or at least permanent control) I cannot use it to control buildings in Ares 2.0.

Last edited by Ollerus on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to make the unit to unit conversion via deploy work on aircraft's as well ? Would really like to use that swing wing (Or variable geometry for an aircraft like the F-14)  concept or changing aircraft's weaponry load-out  like the CnC-3 firehawk.

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SpyEffect.MaxStolenMoney would be great to have.
SpyEffect.StolenMoneyPercentage is way too OP against AI without it in quite some cases.

Cheers.

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WoodleMyNoodle wrote:
SpyEffect.MaxStolenMoney would be great to have.
SpyEffect.StolenMoneyPercentage is way too OP against AI without it in quite some cases.

Cheers.

Isnt SpyEffect.StolenMoneyAmount working for this?

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that steals a standard amount of money, which is not what I want.
I basically want to use the percentage system but with a limit.

Also, percentage doesn't work as soon as StolenMoneyAmount is above 0.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@m7: lol, I completely forgot that's how it works Laughing

OpenTopped.Turret=

If yes, then Passengers in this vehicle (if it's OpenTopped, else ignore this) are not allowed to fire unless the turret is facing the target.
Alternatively, this set on a weapon dissallows it from being fired unless the vehicle's turret has the proper facing.

OpenTopped.Tank=

Just like the above, except it's for the tank body.
(Think of the Lasher Tank's grinder up front put to good use)

OpenTopped.SingleTarget=

Forces all the Passengers to fire either at one target or not at all.
(To give the impression it's one multi-weaponed tank going full ballistic)

OpenTopped.SingleFire=

Disallows all but one Passenger to fire.
Alternatively, dissallows firing of this weapon as long as the other folks keep firing.

I already requested a RustyTurret, but I think Turret.Rusty (or maybe Turret=rusty) would be a better name #Tongue

All default to no.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A random delay for the AI firing super weapons could be a nice quality of life thing, as they always have the money to fire and take no time to aim etc, it can be quite annoying when they do it so regularly with 5 support powers or something.

[Superweapon]
SW.AIFireDelay=minutes minumum,minutes maximum

Sets a min and maximum delay. A random value inbetween is generated after each time the SW is fired & the AI can only fire the SW once this value + the SW timer is done.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with OmegaBolt. That would be nice feature. It will give impression of AI actually ,,thinking and planning" superweapon to fire, and less unpredictable

TAK02, for battle fortress I would also like to have tag which prevents it to crush enemies if infantry are filled inside. So only when empty, battle fortress is going to omni crush, but when filled with infantry, then it becomes regular open topped unit, so only passengers fire out.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Silentrzk
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Silentrzk wrote:
greetings ppm. i've registered but i've been lurking here for a while. i would like to share my requests here and i hope anyone, especially AlexB, can share their thoughts about my requests.

1. a tag that warhead with MindControl=yes can bypass ImmuneToPsionics=yes

2. make helicopters "face their enemies" when attacking and not relying to OmniFire=yes tag on their weapons

3. make Cloakable.Powered work for units too

4. a "rage" mode that when an unit is in critical health, it will increase its abilities such as firepower, ROF, others. let's say adrenaline rush? lol

5. have a tag for country that can only be selected by RandomSelect. this is for making sides/countries that acts like a secret or boss side/country and much better if only AI can pick this

6. have ally damage modifier tag. this is for units with destructive death weapons

7. be able to remove trees when placing buildings on trees

8. individual cost for a specific TechnoType by country. Example tag would be Cost.CountryA=, Cost.CountryB=, and so on

chr0nicz420 wrote:

* Regarding the thread that I created. Something like, make a tag that is applicable for AI that when they encounter enemies, they will use their deploy weapon instead of the standard weapon. Something like "AI.UseDeployWeapon=yes" tag. This is for the sake of returning the RA2's GI behavior when they approach targets. NOTE: I've check EVERYTHING RELATED TO AI.INI, AIMD.INI, AND THEIR GI'S SCRIPTS and they have NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever so there might be some changes or problems on GI's behavior on YR engine.

i am playing both RA2 and YR and i agree that there might be some changes in the engine and units with Deployer and deploy weapon got wonky

to expand your request sir, i think it is better if they will make AI more intelligent on selecting their weapons between their primary weapon and deployed weapon. example would be Guardian GI will use primary weapon against infantry but will use deployed weapon against vehicles and air units when they face them or a unit with anti ground weapon as its primary and it also has anti air weapon as its deploy secondary weapon and AI be able to distinguish what weapons should they pick when they face either a ground unit or an air unit

i would like to add something on my requests regarding cloaking

9. make cloakable units can be only detected with specific units/buildings with Sensors=yes. example would be naval units can only be detected by other naval units but cannot be detected by other units with Sensors=yes such as SUB then Cloakable.OnlyDetectedBy=DEST,DLPH,etc

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Silentrzk wrote:
9. make cloakable units can be only detected with specific units/buildings with Sensors=yes. example would be naval units can only be detected by other naval units but cannot be detected by other units with Sensors=yes such as SUB then Cloakable.OnlyDetectedBy=DEST,DLPH,etc

Requested this the page before
cxtian39 wrote:
CloakType=integer

SensorsType=integer

Sensors can only detect cloak units of the same type number
I want to distinguish submarines and actual cloak units, i.e. a Pitbull buggy can see a Stealth Tank but can not see a Boomer sub.

ANOTHER ONE:
SubjectToEntity=no
This projectile can pass through any obstacles without hitting them. i.e. a missile can pass through a cliff and hit its target

Custom pip files:
[Techno]
PipsFile=
Pips2File=

Unlimited List Lengths:
SW.Designators=a list of all infantry types

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Customizable FactoryPlant types, so that one factory plant only affect the price of some specific techno types, just as Academies do.
i.e.
FactoryPlant.Types=(list of techno types)
FactoryPlant.Ignores=(list of techno types)

WinterKonata
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

expanding PsychicReveal super weapon by adding a tag if it can decloak stealth targets within its range for a certain duration

another is make AllowParallelAIQueues can be set by difficulty instead of as a whole

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This place has been dormant for a while. I say wake up #Tongue

Request: harvys can dump cash at a team-mate's refinery, and the cash goes to said team-mate. Or allied House or what-ever...
While you're at, make it so that I can dump my harvy's at the enemy's refineries too #Tongue

Context:
In E:BfD you could run into a mission where you supply the local Ixian "base" (just an Ix factory and refinery) with Spice, and it produces Infiltrators.
Since I longer have the save file for that mission, I can't confirm whether or not the cash actually went back to me even tho I didn't own the refinery the Spice was dumped at, or it really went to my ally which was scripted to build one type of unit which then became mine.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apparently, ARES 2.0 has been released without notification on this end? Did the discussions about ARES move to another place?

WoodleMyNoodle
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where did you find that? Or do you mean the unstables in the "The next Ares" Thread?

EliteGoatBoy
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Request:

Inaccurate now for both weapons and/or Technos (where the Techno's (in)accuracy over-rides the weapons' if set).

Apparently, TD had its tanks target some stuff inaccurately, causing them to miss entirely unless the warhead has CellSpread (I think?).

https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=46381
That's it, I have nothing more to add.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Tech Level bar choice in the skirmish menu, the tech level option, Is there anyway you could put this back in?

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just remembered a neat Idea i thought of a few years back so it's sort of a suggestion because i'm not sure if you guys would find it neat but i thought what if when playing Online/Lan have the Save Game option put in so you can save games while you're playing Lan/online, than when you load the saved game later on it just replaces the other online players with skirmish player in there place.

what do you think of this idea? even if just as a hypothetical idea

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix wrote:
I just remembered a neat Idea i thought of a few years back so it's sort of a suggestion because i'm not sure if you guys would find it neat but i thought what if when playing Online/Lan have the Save Game option put in so you can save games while you're playing Lan/online, than when you load the saved game later on it just replaces the other online players with skirmish player in there place.

You mean the same way DTA and TI made LAN/online saves?
I guess it's possible...

Devastator
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there.
Could AlexB include gamespeed settings for missions. Like before starting missions and\or during missions like in skirmish?

Or at the very least raise the gamespeed from 30 to 60FPS in missions?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Devastator wrote:
30 to 60FPS in missions?

You do not want that in the missions, trust me. Imagine having to play any of the MO missions on mental at that speed...
Then again, a 30FPS game-speed (but 60 FPS draw/render-speed) at max is my personal preference, and you (and probably everyone else) might be able to handle higher speeds.

In any case, there is a command-line argument you need to type in so you can manually change the mission-speed.
Not sure how compatible, if at all, it is with Ares.

Could someone else please chk this?

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is one for both RA2 and YR, so I guess it should also work with Ares.

-SPEEDCONTROL
Allows changing game speed in campaign mode (when you pause the game, the Game Speed slider in Game Controls window will be visible). Normally it is only possible for non-campaign modes.

https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Yuri%27s_Revenge

P.S. I didn't test this myself, but IIRC some players had said it works with MO.

Devastator
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

You do not want that in the missions, trust me. Imagine having to play any of the MO missions on mental at that speed...
Then again, a 30FPS game-speed (but 60 FPS draw/render-speed) at max is my personal preference, and you (and probably everyone else) might be able to handle higher speeds.

In any case, there is a command-line argument you need to type in so you can manually change the mission-speed.

Heh. I'll live Wink
So how do i do this command-line argument thing again?
-SPEEDCONTROL where exactly?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Run Ares like (in RunAres.bat)

Syringe "gamemd.exe" -LOG -SPEEDCONTROL

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The original game doesn't want you to play missions in other speed as movies/voices are played at a fixed rate. If you played in a faster speed some movies/voices can't even finish playing before the trigger times out.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unit conversion when use certain weapon or reach certain gattling stage

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a slight bug: units with AttackCursorOnFriendlies still get the no-enter cursor instead of attack cursor on units with NoManualEnter=yes.

The addition of IvanBomb.DisplayToEnemies would be useful, to make everyone able to see the bomb. Right now that can be kind of simulated with AttachEffect however the two timers aren't actually linked, which can sometimes mislead, or even the bomb can attach while the AE does not.

AttackCursorOnEnemies and AttackEnemies would also be really cool for support units.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

InitialPayload.RegenRate=
The rate, in frames, at which this object regenerates Initial Payloads if it's empty. Default to never.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A bug with NoManualUnload is that it stops you being able to eject tanks from a tank bunker, because you get no deploy cursor.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Kamuix wrote:

You mean the same way DTA and TI made LAN/online saves?
I guess it's possible...

As if, i've played both mods but never noticed that before that's odd i really did think of the idea myself haha but yeah it's just an idea thanks for considering it

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Enemy Designators and friendly Inhibitors.

EMPulse.Cannons= also accepts vehicles, infantries, etc

AttachEffect.Unit=  attach a unit to another unit, destroys when the AE subsides?

Now animation damage can use a weapon. Is it possible to use a super weapon?
[Animation]>SuperWeapon=

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question, since you can now set a custom palete for Cameos what about setting a custom palete for the building itself? is that doable?

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix wrote:
Question, since you can now set a custom palete for Cameos what about setting a custom palete for the building itself? is that doable?
Palette=xxx
And you need xxxtem.pal, xxxurb.pal, xxxubn.pal, xxxdes.pal, xxxsno.pal, and xxxlun.pal

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PipScale=Charge and its function from FS mobile EMP, as charging weapon done with Gattling logic still get hate even no damage is dealt by the first few stage weapons.
Or a way to make weapons with no damage dealt not get hate?

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Kamuix wrote:
Palette=xxx
And you need xxxtem.pal, xxxurb.pal, xxxubn.pal, xxxdes.pal, xxxsno.pal, and xxxlun.pal

Really that works? I'll try it out right now im running ares 2

Ok so i thought of an idea but it's just a hypothetical Idea since i can't imagine it would be easy. You know OpenRA? you know how you can view graphics up closer in zoom allowing for better graphics pretty much, here's an example from Rewire:

I might not be possible but lately I've seen professional C&C game modders do all kinds of neat things like how they can completely update the Tiberian Sun Skirmish menu so to have way more options and the ability to choose where you start and things like that.

In Sim city 3000 there's simply a 'zoom' option that brings you closer and at the closest option the buildings seem a bit pixalated. With all the new Skirmish menus redo-able,new higher resolution capabilities, not to mention all Ares has been able to add to the game engine is what makes me wonder about this possibility. I can't imagine it would be easy just throwing the idea out there.

Also i'm sure it's been thought of before by you guys

I like openRA but i prefer the original game engine to openRA since i'm so adjusted to it. that's why I like Ares

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Kamuix wrote:
Palette=xxx

Hey I tried it and it didn't work did i do something wrong? the custom cameo pallete works but the building pallet remains the same ingame

bmpmaaap2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.86 KB
 Viewed:  3222 Time(s)

bmpmaaap2.JPG

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/new/customanimationandprojectilepalettes.html

You need CustomPalette, first.
Second, you need ~~~

I tried CustomPalette= too and it didn't work

that's the page i was on and am still on actually

But when i search pallet related stuff there's only:

Custom Animation and Projectile Palettes
and
Custom Cameo Palettes

Implying that only Animations, Projectiles and Cameo palettes can be modified so i don't think buildings can have custom palletes, i'm wondering if it's possible to added to Ares though

Another Idea!

The ability to add more than 1 damage frame for buildings. by more than one i mean like the ability to have 3 damage frames so like when a building hits 75% damage it goes to the first damage frame, then when it goes under 50% the second shp damage frame, and under 25% the third.

or have it custimizeable so you could set some buildings to 1 or 3 or let's say 2 so when a building hits 66% health it goes to damage frame 1 and when it hits 33% it goes to damage frame 2

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix wrote:
cxtian39 wrote:
Kamuix wrote:
Palette=xxx

Hey I tried it and it didn't work did i do something wrong? the custom cameo pallete works but the building pallet remains the same ingame
Palette=and not andyem.pal
CusomPalette isn’t for building

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 11 of 16 [800 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon