Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Same Map / Different Fate
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject:  Same Map / Different Fate
Subject description: Horay MO mindfuck into TI
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Work in Progress
3 Missions 3 Factions 1 Map

Team : Mentalmeister | Mapper for Mental Omega 3.0

Team : TO Project | Mapper for Tiberian Odyssey

Last edited by LordCesare on Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a neat idea. I'll look forward to trying it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Image seems broken. Even when using the direct link, it doesn't open.
Please attach images on this forum, not some external unreliable hoster.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

better nao Very Happy
Dat Cameo Though

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LoL. I am guessing the GT Engineer and Titan?

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the center of the screenshot there is a crystal tile without any LAT fixing.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting idea. Are the different maps set in different time periods, or are they just different "what-if" scenarios?

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
In the center of the screenshot there is a crystal tile without any LAT fixing.

If you use the tilesets 0174 and 0175, this will happen. They don't automatically adjust with the neighboring terrain (i.e. no LAT system), which means you can place them however you like and they will stay that way. If you want the LAT to work, however, you should use the tilesets 0074 and 0075. Same goes for the two variations of blue mold tiles.

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

About the lat, dunno why that happens, as i use the Crystal LAT.
Missions are the consequences will happens, so you'll need to play in order (even though for gameplay purposes you'll see incongruences).
Cameo are GT Sonic Fighter and GT Ambulance

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the difficulty ticks are totally ignored, hard difficulty triggers still works on normal or easy difficulty, can you tell me how to fix it? If the answer is negative then i'll release a version with other triggers disabled

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I know the difficulty triggers simply don't work in TS.

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, so since Nod Version just freeze for no reason right now (no crashes or something, just freeze) here GT and GDI Version of the mission.

GDI - GT Missions.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GDI - GT Missions.rar
 Filesize:  192.57 KB
 Downloaded:  61 Time(s)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Neato!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh no Cesare, what the hell are you doing more pretty awesome maps? Damn it

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a nice base you've got there.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Wayward Winds
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, uh, is there a trick to getting these custom missions working?  I keep getting a "Twisted Insurrection has encountered an internal error and is unable to continue normally." error message when the loading screen seems about finished.  I've got the G1 and GT1 .map files in the [TI Main Directory]>Maps>Custom folder, and I've replaced the Tutorial.ini in the [TI Main Directory]>INI folder with the version in the download, and I attempt to start these things through Skirmish>Custom.  Is there a specific set of mission settings/player settings in the match setup screen I'm supposed to use or something?

I've also previously run into this problem with the "Eagle Reborn" fan campaign, but back then I just assumed that was something to do with it being made for an older version of TI.  I doubt that's the case here given that everyone's on v0.4.5 at this point.
Incidentally, my Globotech Titan sneaky peak map works fine ('though those things seem rather overpowered...).
I'm still on Windows 8 by the way, but I doubt that's got anything to do with it given everything else is still working fine (bar the weird "Tiberian Sun Client has stopped working" message whenever I close the game at the end of a session.).

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to put them in the Missions folder, so they will replace the existing G1 and GT1 maps. Start the launcher, and go to the campaign menu, and play either the first GDI or GT mission. Alternatively, you can rename them to something like G1B.map and GT1B.map and create new entries for them in Battle.ini and Mission.ini (though I'm not sure if the latter is required). At any rate, you can't play singleplayer missions via the skirmish menu.

Wayward Winds
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, thanks!  So obvious, but because there's no guide anywhere (that I could find) I didn't even consider it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum