Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
Resized Infantry
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject:  Resized Infantry
Subject description: paletter problem perhaps
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok so  was messing around with my edited Infantry shps (very bad edits mind you)

and want to test the resize option in os shp builder, im aware there are better ways to resize but i dont hav paint shop pro. the resize works fine no problems with the actual resize,  in game they appear smaller but the canvas also shows in game. ive resized infantry many times this whay and never got this error before so i am at an impasse. Thanks for any insight you can provide

(edited.... i'm completely flabbergasted, i've resized infantry before as the image shows some but the more recently resized infantry are showing the canvas ingame. i quickly threw together a few edited steel ronin to show my point. what am i doing differently?. Ive tested further, spent all of today. perhaps im missing some obvious thing thats staring me in the face. on further testing

any resized file saved or saved as will save the background as the shp. ie it will show canvas ingame if it was resized using the paint option ticked.can tell by file sizes, tested with the blocky option ticked shps resize normally with no canvas showing ingame and file sizes are normal. ive thoroughly tested with shadows on/off and background off and or on in the Options tab, no disernable effect. it seems my paint option suddenly copies the background under a different palette or something. I've thoroughly selected the ts palette before and after resize, no discernible effect.
in the past ive resized using the paint option as the resized rocket angel and resized steel ronin shows. suddenly it doesnt work. clearly an issue on my end, or is it? ive test on my window tablet that i run ts on as well as my main rig and same issue. i must be missing a glaringly obvious thing.BAH)

Screenofshps.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.68 KB
 Viewed:  6713 Time(s)

Screenofshps.png

resizedGlitch.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.03 KB
 Viewed:  6741 Time(s)

resizedGlitch.png

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you're importing, there's a tab which asks how to choose background, use the one that says pixel 0,0....

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its known issue of the paint resize method of the tool, it changes index of the background shade in process.

Just change the color back IF you must use that resize. Reality is however, quality suffers greatly if you use 50% or more like resize steps at once besides how rough resize method it uses and it would be far better resize in higher than 256 color.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

start SHP Builder
-open SHP
-press CTRL+R (SHP Builder resize function) Use "Blocky", not "MS Paint" method
-save SHP

If the SHP had the correct palette and transparent background, it will also have it after the resize.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what had me stumped is i'ved used the ms paint option for all of the resizes in my pic, the rocket angel and the spear steel ronin came out fine, but the rest didnt. thought it was something i was doing . if its a known bug then fine .i am going to resize and edit the shps, anyway. guess i'll have to get the hang of mass batch png resizing earlier than expected. having to much fun gleefully editing shps in os builder, 1 pixel at a time. to waste my time on something annoyingly efficient as mass batch operations. Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought I've set some kind of protection against change of color #0 and remaps at MS Paint resize mode, but I guess I did not. I'll do it once I'm able to do it.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The results of MS Paint and Blocky look quite the same imo and since Blocky works fine, i'm not sure if it's really necessary to fix MS Paint.

If anything, then maybe implement meself's downsizer as another option before putting work on the MS Paint method, whose result isn't that great anyway.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By default, MS Paint converts the original picture into a 16 bits bitmap and then, it reconverts it back to SHP. During the process, it looses the information of which pixels are the background or remappable.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you not by default fix the background colour by using 0,0 as the reference like the importer?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have to add an option to do that and to let it be selected by default, depending on what kind of SHP type is selected.

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its an easy fix either way if i resize with ms paint in os shp builder then export images as png then import them again with the import 0,0 as background. still with all the faff, infran viewer batch resizing is a lot easier and effective but takes abit more time getting used to the colour options and viability with the ts palette.

some of the import options would be amazing for the resizing section,, but with so many other ways to resize is it worth your time implementing that feature into the os shp buidler at present?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum