Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
[6] Eternal Spring Dream
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject:  [6] Eternal Spring Dream
Subject description: By Rampastring
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new multiplayer map by me (Rampastring), to be included in the next update.

Click on the preview to see the megamap.

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good. Is the name a reference to Touhou by any chance? #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry to say this, but i don't like this map. The green shores don't fit. Why no snow shores when you make it fully covered by snow anyway?
The main lighting is too bright and the colored lights too colorful for my liking
Only the dark outer border lighting is really cool. This could be even darker and reaching further inside for a smooth transition.

The layout however looks interesting and seems to offer some nice naval battles. Even though the land area is quite narrow/small and most player will be dead already when tier 2 ships become available, since already short range tier 1 ships can destroy most of the players base. Tier 3 capital ships most likely won't be used at all.

I think with the snow replaced with grass (or the grass shores with snow shores) and the lighting a bit more pleasant for the eyes, this could be a nice map for fast naval battles.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Looks good. Is the name a reference to Touhou by any chance? #Tongue

Yes #Tongue I got some weird inspiration from Doremy's first attack for the layout, while the name is a reference to Doremy's awesome theme song.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I'm sorry to say this, but i don't like this map. The green shores don't fit. Why no snow shores when you make it fully covered by snow anyway?

I wanted to make it similar to Springnight in style, just a bit more focused on snow. In addition to the shores, there's also grass around the tiberium fields.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The main lighting is too bright and the colored lights too colorful for my liking

I guess we have a difference in taste here. I like the lighting as it is. Do you find the bright main lighting burning your eyes or do you just not like it otherwise?

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The layout however looks interesting and seems to offer some nice naval battles. Even though the land area is quite narrow/small and most player will be dead already when tier 2 ships become available, since already short range tier 1 ships can destroy most of the players base. Tier 3 capital ships most likely won't be used at all.

Yes, Tier 2 ships can easily kill anyone on the map. Tier 1 ships can be defended against by tanks and base defenses though.

I've played a couple of games on this map and I like how it plays. Your distance to the enemy is fairly short, so a quick tank rush is a viable tactic. However, because the land area is so narrow, you'll have to take control of the sea (and lake) as well or you'll risk getting hit (and possibly killed, depending on how much the enemy has scouted your base) by ships. Picking a naval yard first instead of a war factory is a working tactic here; and you also have to decide whether to place your first naval yard into the inner lake or the sea.

The map also remains fast-paced through the game, initially because of the gem and tiberium supply and later on when you capture the ore fields, you'll have plenty of money for building ships. If an enemy prevents you from accessing the ore fields, you can also try to harvest some extra gems from the small gem islands.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
I wanted to make it similar to Springnight in style, just a bit more focused on snow. In addition to the shores, there's also grass around the tiberium fields.

springnight has the snow and grass placed a bit more natural.
In this map it's a sharp border, which also has everywhere the same thickness. This looks very artificial.
With some small areas using snow shores and others using grass shores with also different thick grass stripes before going into snow, the detail would look a lot more natural imo.
Some small grass patches in the snow and more detail like here and there a small ice flow on water wouldn't hurt either.

^Rampastein wrote:
Do you find the bright main lighting burning your eyes?

yeah, for me it's very bright and unpleasant to the eyes.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see what you mean with the artificial look. I might improve the detailing a bit later on though.

That's strange about the lighting. The map has Ambient=0.75, so it's actually somewhat darker than maps are by default (although Red=1.4 and Green=1.3 offset it somewhat). No one else has also said that it's too bright. I wonder if it's your monitor or something.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
That's strange about the lighting. The map has Ambient=0.75, so it's actually somewhat darker than maps are by default (although Red=1.4 and Green=1.3 offset it somewhat). No one else has also said that it's too bright. I wonder if it's your monitor or something.

Coastal Path has Ambient=1.25, thus a lot brighter than usual, but this isn't nearly that bright and unpleasant to look at than this snow map.
Could be the bright white snow, which my eyes don't like to look at.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon