Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The 10 most popular Tiberian Sun crashes (out of 152 known)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject:  The 10 most popular Tiberian Sun crashes (out of 152 known) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Below you can find a list of the most popular crashes of tiberian sun, rankings are decided by the amount of error logs uploaded to the CnCNet crash database. Special thanks goes to all the thousands of CnCNet players who were willing to help out and take advantage of our automatic error log uploading feature

1. 0x006717CB - LaserWaveClass
2. 0x0062E6F6 - TechnoClassOwning_HousesType - colored house on a multiplayer map (like using Nod or GDI buildings/units on a map)
3. 0x006A8D16 - BlitPlain_ushort
4. 0x005DED65 - Create_Units
5. 0x004B955A - GScreenClassAdd_A_Button
6. 0x005DC279 - Fill_In_Data
7. 0x004EE9A8 - IonBlastClass
8. 0x0047C89B - CC_Draw_Shape - wrong Tiberium patch on a slope
9. 0x006703D4 - const WaveClassBlend_Beam
10. 0x004668A8 - Unknown

Currently there are 152 known crashes in our database.
The top 10 can be downloaded from the link below (3 except.txt of each+ map + game settings and other information)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5by5H1Q2PxEODFWb0s5eGF2MWs/view

Please post in here if you have any information about the listed crashes! E.g. do you know how to reproduce one of them? A video of it might help a lot too

Were any of these crashes already fixed by someone?

Last edited by FunkyFr3sh on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:44 am; edited 6 times in total

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if it is the same but WaveClass error got fixed long ago. HyperPatch has it fixed and I think
AlexB's graphics patch (removing backbuffer - video memory) also fixes it.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HyperPatch doesn't fix that one, but I will ask hyper about it again, maybe we forgot to add the needed code.

The graphics patch doesn't work for everyone so it's not a good solution sadly

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I know, the #1 crash is solved by using DetailLevel=1 (thin lasers instead of the fat, partially transparent lasers that you have with DetailLevel=2). DTA has it fixed by hardcoding lasers to be drawn like they're drawn with DetailLevel=1, regardless of the actual selected detail level.

Similarly to the better-known disruptor crash, the half-transparent lasers will crash the game when they fire off the southern border of the screen.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0x0047C89B - wrong Tiberium patch on a slope
0x0062E6F6 - colored house on a multiplayer map (like using Nod or GDI buildings/units on a map)

other classic IEs
0046C7E2 - Fog of War was enabled
006BB69C - construction yard build as building construction was cancelled
00458FB2 - foundation overlapping buildings placed on a map got destroyed

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
As far as I know, the #1 crash is solved by using DetailLevel=1 (thin lasers instead of the fat, partially transparent lasers that you have with DetailLevel=2). DTA has it fixed by hardcoding lasers to be drawn like they're drawn with DetailLevel=1, regardless of the actual selected detail level.

Similarly to the better-known disruptor crash, the half-transparent lasers will crash the game when they fire off the southern border of the screen.

I wish I could reproduce this crash so I could do at least some testing, but it never seems to trigger for me lol

So the disruptor crash and the laser crash are actually the same?

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
0x0047C89B - wrong Tiberium patch on a slope
0x0062E6F6 - colored house on a multiplayer map (like using Nod or GDI buildings/units on a map)

other classic IEs
0046C7E2 - Fog of War was enabled
006BB69C - construction yard build as building construction was cancelled
00458FB2 - foundation overlapping buildings placed on a map got destroyed

Thanks! That's good to know, I guess it should be easy to reproduce the two above just by loading the map. Will add the info to the first post

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
I wish I could reproduce this crash so I could do at least some testing, but it never seems to trigger for me lol

It has always been inconsistent, crashing on some systems and not on others. No one really knows why.

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
So the disruptor crash and the laser crash are actually the same?

Not the same, but similar in nature; they both crash the game when the transparent beams are drawn off the southern border of the screen. But the laser crash is easy to fix by forcing the laser to be drawn with DetailLevel=1. HyperPatch has a fix for the disruptor crash, but it doesn't seem to be perfect.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore could reproduce it and it was indeed fixed by forcing DetailLevel to 1

Patch was applied here:
0x006715F3 - mov eax, 1
0x004FC417 - mov ecx, 1 (+ nop)

1. 0x006717CB - LaserWaveClass - FIXED

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Patched the game to ignore singleplayer objects in multiplayer maps, that includes Infantry/Buildings/Units/Aircrafts (for Nod and GDI only). Is there anything else that could crash it? triggers etc..?

2. 0x0062E6F6 - TechnoClassOwning_HousesType - FIXED

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen GDI and Nod owned units and (IIRC) also structures work on multiplayer maps perfectly fine: these units would then automatically belong to whichever player selected GDI or Nod (if there were multiple players using that side, the player that'd own the units depended on the selected colors).

So if crashes happen, it's only in certain situations (I don't know which) and I don't think it's a good idea to entirely prevent objects owned by GDI or Nod from being present on multiplayer maps.
People could potentially create interesting game modes this way after all (since using the "Entered by" event doesn't work with the Spawn houses, but only with actual factions).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Are you forcing DetailLevel 1 for whole game or only for laser related code?

2. It is better to fix these in the map itself. Removing stuffs would present an incomplete map. Tags might get
ignored by the game if associated objects are missing. But a playable side owner on a trigger might depend
on what action it is performing.

8. Tiberium patch on slopes can be fixed in the map as well.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I've seen GDI and Nod owned units and (IIRC) also structures work on multiplayer maps perfectly fine: these units would then automatically belong to whichever player selected GDI or Nod (if there were multiple players using that side, the player that'd own the units depended on the selected colors).

So if crashes happen, it's only in certain situations (I don't know which) and I don't think it's a good idea to entirely prevent objects owned by GDI or Nod from being present on multiplayer maps.
People could potentially create interesting game modes this way after all (since using the "Entered by" event doesn't work with the Spawn houses, but only with actual factions).

have to try that out, I could then check if a player is there that could take the units and just spawn them

E1 Elite wrote:
1. Are you forcing DetailLevel 1 for whole game or only for laser related code?

2. It is better to fix these in the map itself. Removing stuffs would present an incomplete map. Tags might get
ignored by the game if associated objects are missing. But a playable side owner on a trigger might depend
on what action it is performing.

8. Tiberium patch on slopes can be fixed in the map as well.

1. Only laser

2./3. : yes it would be good to fix finalsun to ensure such problems don't happen in the first place. But the crashes are so popular, I really need to fix them in the game

Already had a quick look into the tiberium on slopes, it goes out of bounds and reads bad memory and then ends up crashing while using a broken pointer. Need to track it down and fix it up

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:
Patched the game to ignore singleplayer objects in multiplayer maps, that includes Infantry/Buildings/Units/Aircrafts (for Nod and GDI only). Is there anything else that could crash it? triggers etc..?

I'm wondering, if you only have any of the TechnoTypes on the map beloning to a SP house, the game crashes?
It does not simply not draw them?

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In RA2 this doesn't cause crash. It just doesn't draw them. Not sure about TS tho.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium slope thing is probably the game trying to read a slope frame for Tiberium, which doesn't exist AfAIK. Might be able to patch the game code and add an exception for Tiberium to appear with another Tiberium frame.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:

IIRC it crashes when you place House Nod Buildings/Units on a map, but only GDI players are present (or vice versa).

Though this whole problem could be already solved by Iran's Spawn house hacks, since they remove already "unwanted" objects from the map.

Another case that caused the game to crash was a House GDI Trigger, when only Nod Players are present (or vice versa)
Though i think these were fixed by Iran's spawner hacks as well.
Simple way to test this is a house GDI "reveal all" Trigger and then let only Nod houses play the map.
\Edit
tested in DTA. Still causing crash. The EIP is 005DC279
which is listed as
6. 0x005DC279 - Fill_In_Data

To reproduce create a testmap with a House GDI Trigger and let only Nod players start the game.

\Edit
House GDI buildings on the map are simply removed in DTA when only Nod players are present. Not sure how vanilla TS reacts to this as i have no vanilla TS to test it at the moment.

\Edit
4. 0x005DED65 - Create_Units
This happens when you set AI BuildTime too low.
e.g. a value under 1.0 in A.I difficulties setup

Though i just tested 0.0 and the AI was still producing fine. It seems to happen only quite rare and i remember DTA had issues with cheap AI objects and a low BuildTime value.

7. 0x004EE9A8 - IonBlastClass
this is probably similar to the sonic and laser waveclass error. The ion cannon ripple wave effect rendered by the engine is causing crashes as well when you scroll with the southern screen border over the effect.

Public SHPs

Tools

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fill_In_Data is indeed caused by triggers, will add them to the ingore list just like all the other nod/gdi objects until I tested how the game behaves when a player does have the matching house. Will code a special fix for mod maps that (ab)use these houses

6. 0x005DC279 - Fill_In_Data - FIXED

IonBlastClass has a check for DetailLevel 2 at the start of the function, the faulty code will not trigger with lower DetailLevels. I will force it to DetailLevel 1 for now just like the lasers.

Code:
0x004EE7F0 - mov eax, 1

7. 0x004EE9A8 - IonBlastClass - FIXED

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Not sure how vanilla TS reacts to this as i have no vanilla TS to test it at the moment.

As far as skirmish goes

For side buildings placed on maps
- whatever the human player side is, those side buildings are removed
- if no AI player belong to a side say none of the AI player is GDI then GDI buildings are removed
- if AI player has a same side as the buildings, then they become the owner

For units if there is no AI side belonging to the placed unit's side then it crashes.

For house triggers, vanilla game doesn't crash on side owned triggers like shroud reveal or play anim/sound etc.
It crashes in TS Client for map reveal but not to play sound etc.. So should DTA/TI.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my last post, the difference between vanilla TS and TS Client regarding the map reveal trigger was due to
the usage of different event types while testing. Actually both TS Client and vanilla behave in the same manner.

With event 1,8,0,0 (Any Event) - if the side used in trigger is not present then it crashes.
With event 1,13,0,0 (Elapsed Time)/1,47,0,0 (Elapsed Scenario Time) - it doesn't crash if the side used in trigger
is not present.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:

I'm wondering, if you only have any of the TechnoTypes on the map beloning to a SP house, the game crashes?
It does not simply not draw them?

Cannot tell you any details about it yet, but since bittah said it might be possible to use Nod/Gdi objects in special maps I will have to take a look into it again. Will post details about the new patch in here once done

Iran wrote:
Tiberium slope thing is probably the game trying to read a slope frame for Tiberium, which doesn't exist AfAIK. Might be able to patch the game code and add an exception for Tiberium to appear with another Tiberium frame.

Tested around with it a bit, seems like tiberium on slopes works perfectly fine. The problem is only related to the drawing. So I just disabled drawing faulty tiberium to get around the crash until a proper solution is done

E1 Elite wrote:
In my last post, the difference between vanilla TS and TS Client regarding the map reveal trigger was due to
the usage of different event types while testing. Actually both TS Client and vanilla behave in the same manner.

With event 1,8,0,0 (Any Event) - if the side used in trigger is not present then it crashes.
With event 1,13,0,0 (Elapsed Time)/1,47,0,0 (Elapsed Scenario Time) - it doesn't crash if the side used in trigger
is not present.

Thanks for testing, will have another look into it soon

-

8. 0x0047C89B - CC_Draw_Shape - wrong Tiberium patch on a slope -FIXED-

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it's crashing in CC_Draw_Shape it's most likely attempting to draw the wrong frame. Do you have any idea what frame it's trying to draw?

Considering there are only 152 known crashes, do you have any statistics on the frequency of the crashes. Basically how many times a crash at an address has appeared in your crashes database? I assume there are a bunch of crashes that can be ignored because they're one off on startup with really broken maps or weird game/video card etc config.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is where it goes out of bounds (CellClass_Draw_Overlay)

CPU Disasm
Address   Hex dump          Command                                           Comments
00455936  |.  8B0C8D 6C607F MOV ECX, DWORD PTR [ECX*4+DefIsoTileCoords]

ecx (cl) is higher than 4 and it reads junk. I only checked where the high value came from and apperently it is just directly taken from the slope graphic, I think it was slope5.tem which it loads here 004F5940

I updated the crash db some time ago, all crashes are sorted now into folders. I can see how often a crash happens and also if there should be a new crash caused by a bugged patch

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tiberium does work when it grows on slopes ingame, apparently it just doesn't work when placed on a slape as overlay:

http://www.tiberiumweb.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t3464.html

There probably is a bug ingame with the logic for reading the Tiberium overlay on map read? Or from tht tiberiumweb thread it looks like FinalSun doesn't write Tiberium on slopes correctly to the map file so you might be able to patch Tiberium slope map reading in the Tiberian Sun EXE to 'fix up' what FinalSun is doing wrong. Apparently some official Westwood maps have Tiberium on slope. if you can have someone produce a test map for it with just one tiberium on slope.

PROBABLY would be a good idea to check by editing a map file to have strange coordinates for other overlays, to see if you can get the same crash.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium on slopes works fine in general, also when placing it in FinalSun.
You can even chose any tiberium patch and place it on slopes. You don't have to place the special slope patches on slopes. The big flat ground tiberium patches work on slopes too.

But
As soon as you place a tiberium patch on a corner slope, the game crashes.
Ingame the normal growth/spread logic will also never spawn any tiberium on corner slopes.

Since many mappers use the "paint green tiberium" tool with a big Brush size, they carelessly also place tiberium on corners and thus cause the crash.
If FinalSun would by default forbid/prevent any tiberium placement on corner slopes only, there would be no crashes anymore.

\Edit
did a full test for each slope piece
A few of the corner pieces work even with placed tiberium on them.
However, ingame tiberium grows and spreads only on the left 4 straight slope pieces. It will never spread on any of the corner pieces.

TiberiumSlopes.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.67 KB
 Viewed:  10288 Time(s)

TiberiumSlopes.PNG

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium has slope frames for some of the slope facings, but not all. Have you checked if these correspond with the slopes where Tiberium does not crash (I would assume so).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I placed TIB01, TIB16 and the random "Paint green tiberium". It made no difference which tiberium patch is placed. On the marked corner slopes it crashes, on all others tiberium works regardless which tiberium patch.

Just to complete the info
TIB13, TIB14 is for the first slope piece facing NW (see image above)
TIB15, TIB16 is for the second slope piece facing NE
TIB17, TIB18 is for the third slope piece facing SE
TIB19, TIB20 is for the fourth slope piece facing SW
There are no special graphics for corner slopes.

Placing the slope patch TIB13-20 on flat ground works as well as placing the normal flat ground tiberium patches TIB01-12 on the straight slopes.
It's just a graphical thing.

Public SHPs

Tools

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you are saying that you can place Tiberium on ramps, except corners?
Can you specified which tiles exactly?

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
So you are saying that you can place Tiberium on ramps, except corners?

correct
RP wrote:
Can you specified which tiles exactly?

see the image above

Public SHPs

Tools

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only the first 4 slopes will work. That the others partially work is just a random artifact of memory layout. I looked into this issue some time ago here.

There are only 4 SLOP0xZ files for each theater, and if a higher index is used, bad data is read. If you are lucky, the data is 0, which is interpreted as a null pointer, meaning the logic is not used. If you are not quite as lucky, you read a pointer of unexpected type, whose data is then misused and the result will be random. If you are not lucky at all, it's a random value that is not a pointer, in which case it will just crash.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

TIB13, TIB14 is for the first slope piece facing NW (see image above)
TIB15, TIB16 is for the second slope piece facing NE
TIB17, TIB18 is for the third slope piece facing SE
TIB19, TIB20 is for the fourth slope piece facing SW
There are no special graphics for corner slopes.

Are you sure? Coding-wise this may be true (I haven't experimented myself so I can't tell), but graphics-wise the list is not quite as logical: TIB18 seems to be meant for the slope facing SW, TIB19 is for SE, and TIB20 is for the East corner slope (or for the slope facing SE. It's hard to tell for certain). You can tell by doing a side-by-side comparison with the Tiberium overlay and the slope. This could, of course, be just a mistake by Westwood's graphics artists.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only checked the graphics and tried to find a logical order in them.

I just checked again ingame by giving TIB13-20 one after another Image=VEINS, to see which is spawned on the slopes via the games growth logic.
For that i drastically raised growth/spread and put about 50 slopes of each of the 4 straight slopes on the testmap.

TIB13 spawned/grown on NW slope
TIB14 spawned/grown on NW slope
TIB15 spawned/grown on NE slope
TIB16 spawned/grown on NE slope
TIB17 spawned/grown on SE slope
TIB18 spawned/grown on SE slope
TIB19 spawned/grown on SW slope
TIB20 spawned/grown on SW slope

Thus confirmed previous statement about the directions.

So it seems to be a mistake by the graphic artists.

Public SHPs

Tools

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Alex
Any chance you could fix the ugly TurretOffset bug in TS?
When using TurretOffset, the PrimaryFireFLH value is completely messed up, since it doesn't calculates the FLH from the center of the turret, but still from the center of the unit, and after that it simply adds the TurretOffset value to the Forward value of the FLH. (at least this is how it looks like to work)

Since you did such a great bugfixing job, maybe you could also look into rotors for AircraftTypes.
The game even still has several keys concerning rotors, though they don't do anything anymore.
There are the keys CustomRotor and Rotors
and also the hardcoded referenced SHPs RROTOR.SHP,LROTOR.SHP, which seem to be the SHPs that are supposed to be used to show the rotor.

Public SHPs

Tools

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FunkyFr3sh wrote:

Patch was applied here:
0x006715F3 - mov eax, 1

...forcing the detail level to 1? That's not a fix, that's a workaround, and one that disables the game's detail Rolling Eyes

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
FunkyFr3sh wrote:

Patch was applied here:
0x006715F3 - mov eax, 1

...forcing the detail level to 1? That's not a fix, that's a workaround, and one that disables the game's detail Rolling Eyes

yep, i'm perfectly fine with all the workarounds we found here. Anything is better than a crash and it gives us time to fix things up properly

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What are the top crashes after you applied all the crash fixes you did?

Want to know what is the score of crashes now.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iran wrote:
What are the top crashes after you applied all the crash fixes you did?

Want to know what is the score of crashes now.

Should be the same order as the ones in the first thread, just the "fixed" ones removed from the list. I don't know what comes after these, I should have the full logs somewhere on drive maybe, old pc died so I can't check the hdd

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I created a map with which the Fog of War crash can be consistently reproduced in about 2 seconds without any input from the player, so hopefully this will help with finding a fix for it.
This map works with the public versions of both DTA and TS with Rampastring's client (not with Funky's client right now, because the spawner it includes doesn't have working FoW at all), but you'll have to manually edit Spawn.ini and then run game.exe with the -SPAWN argument to enable Fog of War.
Just make sure that you start on the first starting position/Spawn1 and it should work fine.

It turns out that the crash only happens when the screen is moving and the border of the fog gets clipped by the bottom of the screen (just like with the WCE crashes), which explains why the FoW crashes were always so inconsistent.
Also, the crashes only happen when there are buildings present, while the presence of animations or units makes no difference.

fowtest.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  fowtest.map
 Filesize:  7.32 KB
 Downloaded:  5 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon