Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Just had fun testing The Expirement Lab, non-coop skirmish
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
thehx
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject:  Just had fun testing The Expirement Lab, non-coop skirmish Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TL;DR: Soviet bonus chem-momma-tanks are broken; GDI "hello from TS" hover missile launchers are less interesting compared to other sides' bonus units.

The neutral lab is supposed to provide whoever captures it with additional units, just like RA2YR Secret Lab tech building. And it does, yes, but for some reason, Soviet bonus tank...
(seriously, Chemical Mammoth Tank? I mean, is that a creative implementation of air conditioning? Well, it's a brutal russian tank crew, after all... Laughing)
...appears to be broken. It is of course still scary AF, but its effective range against ground units is around 1 cell or so. And I must say, the air conditioning is really broken, as the tank takes damage from, ehm, its own farts. Just try it yourself!

Also, I have noticed that Nod's beam tractor is kind of overpowered if massed properly -- a pack of such "mobile disco toolsets" (as in HoMM, 10-19) literally does not give an F about what is being thrown at them, as long as it is not airborne or underground...  

Compare that to the GDI's bonus hovering chinese fireworks shop which has the range that is slightly above average, and, moreover, on non-naval map, does not provide the tactical advantage of similar scale. I mean, why would I not spam Mammoths/regular GDI firework shops instead?
As a side note, I imagined that said GDI hover missile launchers would be armed with chemical warheads (the said lab was a chemical lab, no?), but then I thought, "it is GDI, they won't use such weapons, or at least they won't call it bio/chem weapons".

As for Allied side... At first, I was like "0_o wheres mah teleporting tactical nuke launcher, no fair, even GDI had something from dat lab!".
But then...
I lol'd, as these Power Chrono Rangers are totally fun.
First, They are stacking better than mutas in SCBW, as there is no 11-unit limit.
Second, the harassment factor is so great with them that, if there were the "archon mode" in TS engine (and thus, in DTA), said insta-blinking infinite mana jeeps would be just deadly if the opponent side does not have access to Ion Cannon.

Also, this map is non-naval, so perhaps you'll enable building GDI Comm Center from captured MCVs?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Just had fun testing The Expirement Lab, non-coop skirmish Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We'll fix the Chemical Mammoth tank's range, thanks for reporting it.

thehx wrote:
Compare that to the GDI's bonus hovering chinese fireworks shop which has the range that is slightly above average, and, moreover, on non-naval map, does not provide the tactical advantage of similar scale. I mean, why would I not spam Mammoths/regular GDI firework shops instead?

The Hover MLRS is much faster, costs less and also has much more health. Its only downside compared to the rocket launcher is that its damage is significantly lower. Although you do have a point in that the Hover MRLS is a bit silly for a bonus unit since the map has barely any water.

thehx wrote:
Also, this map is non-naval, so perhaps you'll enable building GDI Comm Center from captured MCVs?

That limitation has nothing to do with naval maps.

thehx
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

That limitation has nothing to do with naval maps.

hmm. So if I rewrite the rules for that particular map, would I possibly break something as a result?

PS. Please excuse me for my further pursuing of that question without actually digging in rules.ini like any normal modder should have done first.

PPS. Is there a way to actually capture a naval yard?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If this only concerns the non-coop version of The Experiment Lab, you can just copy the map to the "Custom" folder, then open the map with a text editor and then replace all instances of Projectile=Cannon with Projectile=TracerM to fix it. This way there won't be a version mismatch and you'll still be able to play online without issues (you can play the fixed version online as well). You'll be able to select the modified map by first selecting the "Standard" game mode (or if you replace GameMode=standard with GameMode=Custom Map in the map's code, you can instead select it from the "Custom Map" game mode, like all other custom maps).

And no, there's no way to capture naval yards because engineers can't walk on water and there's no other way to capture structures.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum