Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Command And Conquer Red Alert 4
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goldfingereye
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:  Command And Conquer Red Alert 4
Subject description: Any Ideas Of C&C Ra4 Plot,Arsenals And Gameplay?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any Ideas Of C&C Ra4 That I Want To Hear Out?

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Or AN Idea For A Mod Base On Your Own?
Wink

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Media Hut is for posting artwork, not general discussion. Topic moved to the Discussion Zone.

The story of the Red Alert universe has been stretched beyond plausibility at this point. If there was another Red Alert game I think it would have to either be a reboot with a different tone & style or be set hundreds of years after RA3 with a completely new story & tech.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MiG is spot on. RA series is a confused mess story-wise. Even the original game made no effort to establish a time frame or explain why the Allies are running around with AH-64s and M1 Abrams.

RA2 basically amounted to a parody of the Cold War and RA3 was just a tire fire.

personally, I would follow id's route with DOOM. Reboot it, call it Red Alert, start the story anew with a concrete time frame. Something in the 40s, early 50s at the latest. More time-frame appropriate weapons, with the proper CNC sci-fi touch.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea no more time machine and Yuri storyline rehashes...

In my opinion, they should go back to something like RA1 with less comical junk added, but not eliminated either. RA1 with more uniqueness per country would have been a lot of fun.

While C&C3/RA3 is pretty, I'm not sold on the sparkley graphics, you can actually get to a point where it's harder to see things and even more distracting. I actually find the explosions and general feel of the carnage on RA2 gives you a better sense of how powerful or destructive units and weapons are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!