Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Scrin Arsenal
Moderators: Nolt
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject:  Scrin Arsenal
Subject description: Outdated, will replace soon.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to Keeper for some small assistance editing this.

The Scrin are a power hungry faction that requires succesful engagements to maintain their units in full shape, they are dependant their air power, which is meant to be the strongest on the game, besides that, some of their units are flexible.

Traits:
    -Scrin Infantry are completely immune to the effects of Tiberium radiation whether they are positive or negative.
    -Scrin Ground units start with half their possible health.
    -The only method the Scrin commanders have to heal their ground forces is by combat, units killed by Scrin weaponry release an aura the Scrin call essence, which can be collected by any alien unit nearby to restore its health slowly.
    -Scrin aircraft auto repair.

Legend:
    -Landing Zone -> Barracks
    -Forge -> War factory.
    -Stargate -> Air Factory.
    -Laboratory -> Tech Center.

Infantry

Razorshark

Melee beast, effective against infantry.
Tier: 1 (requires Landing Zone).
Credits: Me.
Armor: none.
Weapon warhead: Full damage.

Legionaire

Basic Infantry, a disciplined alien being that carries a plasma shield and an alien rocket launcher, they are effective against armored targets and air units, cannot be crushed.
Tier: 1 (requires landing zone).
Weapon warhead: Rocket.

Shapeshifter

Equivalent to an engineer, this unit is a fun one because it uses the animations of many units, changing its appearance. Thank you devs.
Credits: WW.
Tier: 1 (requires landing zone).
Weaponless.

Colossi

Genetically altered alien beast designed for hard labor and taking a lot of punishment, it fires electricity at nearby targets, and when ordered to deploy it becomes static and starts electrifying the ground around it, killing any infantry near it and dealing minor damage to other unit types.
Tier: 2 (requires landing zone and radar).
Armor: Heavy.
Weapon Warhead: Rifle.

Purifier

Hover unit that steals essence of enemy units, whenever it hits a enemy unit, it will release a piece of its essence that will go directly a random alien unit nearby, healing it for a short period of time. It can heal infantry and vehicles and doesn't deal too much damage on its own.
Tier: 2 (requires landing zone and radar).
Weapon warhead: Rifle.

Plague Carrier

Alien creature that carries a virus that doesn't survive for long on its own but can be easily spreaded around human populations, units affected by the plague will infect nearby units, dealing some damage to them and spreading their infection, the plague will dissipate after a short period unless there are infected units arounds, meaning you have to isolate your important units from the main force if you want them to survive.
Tier: 3 (requires landing zone and laboratory).
Armor: None.
Weapon warhead: Full Damage.

Vehicles

Vanguard

A mobile shield generator that makes nearby friendly units untargettable, it takes full damage from any source but will reflect part of the damage it takes to hostile units nearby, it also heals fast if left alone.
Tier: 1 (Requires Forge).
Armor: Light.
Weaponless.

Glider

Hover drone that works as an anti air platform. When ordered to deploy it turns into an aerial variant that can only target ground units.
Tier: 1 (Requires Forge).
Weapon warhead: Full damage (AA).

Gravity Generator

Support vehicle that carries an alien artifact that when released, it actively seeks hostile units and attaches to them, dealing moderate damage to the unit its attached to and slowing any units nearby, if the victim unit is destroyed, then the artifact will seek new targets until its power runs out.
Tier: 2 (Requires Forge and Radar).
Weaponless.

Hover tank

A tank that uses its anti-gravity engine to hover above ground. Armed with a powerful pulse cannon to take out other vehicles.
Tier: 2 (Requires Forge and Radar).
Weapon warhead: Armor Piercing.

Tripod

The ultimate war machine of the Scrin, the tripod is armed plasma cannons which annihilate infantry and structures.
Tier: 3 (Requires Forge and Laboratory).
Credits: Lin Kuei Ominae.

Aircraft

Stormrider

Scrin basic aerial unit, fighter jet that is effective against aircraft and air units, it can fire while moving and doesn’t need to rearm itself.
Tier: 1 (requires stargate).
Credits: Yah.

Glider

Aerial variant, can only target ground units and can turn into a ground unit that works as an anti air platform, effective against armor.
Tier: 1 (requires stargate).
Weapon warhead: Armor piercing.

Destroyer

Scrin frigate, functions as an aerial artillery for the faction, fires slowly but deals decent damage.
Tier: 2 (requires Stargate and Radar).
Weapon warhead: Artillery.

Battlecruiser

Alien Battleship called in to impose fear on the enemies of the Scrin, it can detect stealthed units and can also target any type of unit.
Tier: 3 (requires Stargate and Laboratory).
Weapon warhead: Bomb.

Mothership

Hero unit of the Scrin Armada, this Ship can be considered an equivalent of a Flagship for the scrin, while it doesn't have weapons of its own, it serves as an aircraft carrier capable of leveling down a city.
Fighter Weapon Warhead: Rifle.

Creation Engine

Equivalent to the Scrin Support Superweapon, it's an aerial forge that can assemble Scrin vehicles anywhere, it can also increase the gravitational strength of a targetted area to slow all units located there.
Unnarmored.

Host Station

The main component of all Scrin bases, like an MCV, but with the added benefit of being an aerial unit.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Last edited by Nolt on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:03 pm; edited 4 times in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

You Spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round right round!  Laughing

Good stuff... though the Tripod being the only Scrin Unit with more grey colors does distract me...

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Quote:

You Spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round right round!  Laughing

Good stuff... though the Tripod being the only Scrin Unit with more grey colors does distract me...

Yeah, I reckon both the Tripod and Stormrider (ironically the only C&C3 Scrin units in the mod) need to be redone to look more like the rest of the Scrin units.

Also, I'm surprised the MCV is in that list, but not the Harvester, especially given that the Scrin have a unique Harvester...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nolt: you want a bigger or different colored tripod? I can do the changes and send you all the raw frames (SHP-conversion and pixel fine-tuning in SHP Builder would be up to you them)

the creation engine is interesting. how do you gave it an animation while standing still and how do you made it stand still in midair without auto-landing on the closest free cell?

btw, please don't rescale the images. keep them all in the original ingame size.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it's very well visible that this is an OpenRA mod. And when it comes to that, you've been told already, these are not rescaled images.

The flying factory is just a helicopter with LandWhenIdle: false and having the ProductionQueue or PrimaryBuilding trait (unsure if Nolt went with classic prodqueues or individual ones).

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wasn't obvious for me from the pictures that this is OpenRA

Pixel Doubling is like rescaling to me. Only difference, it's done by the game and not by some picture editor.
And in this topic, the sizes are bad to get when you see some pictures in doubled size and others in normal size.

Just for me, to get a real size comparison.

hmm, the tripods size actually looks quite fitting

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Atomic_Noodles"]
Quote:

I agree, the turn rate is too slow, I will have to make it faster. jk

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Nolt: you want a bigger or different colored tripod? I can do the changes and send you all the raw frames (SHP-conversion and pixel fine-tuning in SHP Builder would be up to you them)

The tripod size is fine, I could use a purple colored Tripod if you are willing to make it.

Alex06 wrote:

Also, I'm surprised the MCV is in that list, but not the Harvester, especially given that the Scrin have a unique Harvester...

Hm, I forgot, I did not consider it important, tho I may add it later here.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Wasn't obvious for me from the pictures that this is OpenRA

The Shapeshifter is clearly using the original unittem. Good luck forcing all these shades of pink and blue (as seen on the powerplant buildup) into it.

It was that obvious. http://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=41763 makes it more visible though, but if you see and not just look, you should have noticed on your own.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon