Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Edit random generated maps
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zwaardvis
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject:  Edit random generated maps Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone,

I wasn't quite sure where to place this topic, so I decided to try it here.
I want to be able to manually edit randomly generated maps that have been made by the built-in map generator of TS using FinalSun. After doing some research, I found out that TS no longer saves the randomly generated maps as a .map file at version 1.08 or higher (http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=35279&sid=304354fc32f82e87d45622f58dfeddde). I still have some copies of the game, but the ones I have install the game at V1.08 Embarassed, so I was wondering if anyone here could provide me with an alternative to be able to edit randomly generated maps or if someone could hook me up with a TS version that does allow me to edit such maps.
I have searched for quite a while now with no result, so I was hoping you could help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Ps. glad to see so many people still enjoying this game Smile

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Somewhere there is a hack a that allows for saving as maps instead of saves.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is available as map snapshot hack in LKO's tool - http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=37926
This has to be applied to the latest version of Game.exe (ver 2.03 or freeware or hyperpatch etc.). With
this any map can be saved as map file from in-game.

ETS mod to Game.exe also has enabled the save feature like earlier version of TS.

I think the map save feature was available upto v1.13, but you won't get FS RMG maps with those.

Zwaardvis
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
It is available as map snapshot hack in LKO's tool - http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=37926
This has to be applied to the latest version of Game.exe (ver 2.03 or freeware or hyperpatch etc.). With
this any map can be saved as map file from in-game.

ETS mod to Game.exe also has enabled the save feature like earlier version of TS.

I think the map save feature was available upto v1.13, but you won't get FS RMG maps with those.

I have a v1.08 installed on my laptop, but it doesn't save the map as a .map extension. Anyways, thanks for the quick replies, I'm going to give that link a shot!

Edit: I have tried enabling this hack, but I could nog find it after opening the Modexe file. Maybe I overlooked it, could you be a little more specific on how I would enable this?

Thanks in advance

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should open the Game.exe for Load Exe and the hacks.ini for Load Ini from ModExe. Now you will see
the Map snapshot hotkey hack. Right click on that row and click Set Modified. That will apply the hack.

In the game, generate a random map and start playing the map. Hotkey for the replaced Goto Radar
Event is Ctrl+M by default. By pressing Ctrl+M, you should get the MapSnapshot.map file. You can
take that file and edit in FinalSun.

Hacks.ini in ModExe tool has the hex bytes needed to change in the latest version of TS Game.exe. You
could apply that hack by using any hex editor as well.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote that hack and it calls the game function that was used by Westwood to save the map in their internal in-game map editor.

Should do everything you need.

Zwaardvis
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I attempted to test the map snapshot feature today, the game would crash on startup and when I ran it from a different EXE the game would crash while generating a random map. I kind of 'fixed' this by generating the maps and applying the hack on my old laptop's Tiberian Sun, where it seems to work fine-- I managed to get a snapshot with the instructions you provided.

I think the crash has  something to do with a patch (https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=3438.0) I applied to get the game working properly on my Windows 10 system; without it nothing happens when I hit a button in the main menu. Is there an alternative patch/fix that fixes the main menu issue and allows me to use the ModExe tool?

Thanks in advance!

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon